New Display Tech #792004

digitaltrends.com/home-theater/with-the-uled-xd-hisense-aims-to-beat-oled-tvs/
>The Hisense ULED XD is essentially two LCD panels bonded together, and then smooshed into a TV the same size as the one you currently have. “We invest 5 percent of profits annually back into R&D,” Chris Porter, Director of Product Management for Hisense, told Digital Trends. “We have some incredible technology in house, much of which we never bring to the U.S. This project is an exception. We intend to commercialize it in 2020.”

>In the ULED XD, each LCD module has a different function to combat that issue: One panel is for color, the other for grayscale, or luminance. The grayscale module essentially becomes the backlight, meaning in the dark spots of an image, it simply doesn’t shine light through the color panel and out to your eyeballs — meaning darks are really, really dark. it’s controlling light at the pixel level.

>Hisense showed me a handmade set marrying a 1080p panel and a 4K panel, side by side with a very fancy OLED set. The comparison was striking: Blacks as deep as space, right next to colors that glowed with all the power of LCD. The company couldn’t bring the even fancier model, with two 4K panels – those are few and far between, and they’re relegated to the R&D lab in Qingdao, China.

>Oh yeah, and then there’s quantum dot technology, a hot buzzword that basically means better color. It was always there, Hisense says, allowing the company to claim 100% DCI-P3, a hot buzzword that basically means a measurement of better color. Yup, it’s in there. Hisense isn’t prepared to offer release dates beyond 2020, and the company says it’s too early to put a price tag on the tech and televisions that will use it, other than to say they’ll be noticeably cheaper than the OLED sets that they aim to supplant.
I still miss SED & FED.

Attached: uled_xd_-_ces3-1500x1000.jpg (1500x1000, 178K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hrcak.srce.hr/file/275271
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yawn

ULED XD? more like LOLED XD
XD

XDDDDD

Merck's LCD patents did run out so there will be some changes

MicroLED or bust

who even owns a TV

>I still miss SED & FED.
Formerly CHUCK

>Double the pixel response time
>Half the brightness
>No chance of ever having high refresh rate panels with backlight flickering
lmao

Attached: tsukasa-hiiragi-522.jpg (300x450, 45K)

It might be good for work/programming, those blacks without light might be nicer for the eyes

Black text on a white background is empirically better for your eyes. Not to mention having bias lighting and/or turning the brightness down.
hrcak.srce.hr/file/275271

Abstract in case you don't want to download a PDF file from an unknown source.

Attached: 2019.05.17_06-12-31.png (1434x652, 173K)

>XD
Fuck off

hehe memes

hehe

>Chinese "innovation"

XD

>XD
>>>/reddit/

Ahah. Retarded shit.

>I still miss SED & FED.
More retarded shit.

AMQLED or bust.

Nothing says that, it's just says it's "better" because we use it. Which is a legacy problem, not a comfort one. It just happens to be "good enough" to not be worth changing.
People here will link the most retarded shit to try to seem smart.

OLED should be illegal. Your display simply gets broken because you watched it "wrong". How is this even an end-user product? Displaying something is its only purpose, gets broken if it displays a lot. Lmao??

1ms 240hz 4k oled when

cringe

Attached: 220px-Moe_Szyslak.png (220x394, 66K)

>AMQLED
do you mean AMOLED? the one i have has bad burn in even though i barely used it. the brightness zones also look like shit. i do like my blacks though

Ball bearings should be illegal. Your bearing simply gets broken because you used it "wrong". How is this even an end-user product? Rotating something is its only purpose, gets broken if it rotates a lot. Lmao??

XD

BASED

This is a very fucking neat idea, basically hardware implementation of chroma subsampling. If it could actually receive the decoded luma and chroma channels directly from source (say a BD player) that'd be quite a breakthrough.
Why is this thread full of shitposts?

>set marrying a 1080p panel and a 4K panel
Wish they told which one was which, if 1080p panel was chroma that's literally what 4:2:0 is.

Attached: chroma-subsample.jpg (849x457, 78K)

who gives a shit you stupid gamer toddler

based

video games or desktop apps run at 4:4:4. + the possible increased input delay from synching the different panels this display will literally only be usefull for movies

>only useful for movies
I'm ok with that, console games are for 12 year olds anyway.

Why would there be any sync delay? Can't see any hardware reason and if there were any it could be compensated for.

Why not just "LULED XD" you simp?

>>Double the pixel response time
Only a proper retard would think so.
>>>Half the brightness
Increase backlight intensity.
>>No chance of ever having high refresh rate panels with backlight flickering
Shouldn't you go drink bleach or whatever you subhumans do?