Yooo compact phones are back

yooo compact phones are back

Attached: gsmarena_001.jpg (727x321, 25K)

isn't it just sony? regardless, that's pretty based.

Just get the XZ2C

Why the fuck do they then put this snapdragon 630 shit in it? Isn't the last compact phone's (xz2 compact) 845 still faster than this? Fuck me I hate so much to see a perfect phone and then they put the lower performance 600 series shit in it, nowadays still asking the same price one would expect from a 800 series one.

ace = asexual

>5"
>compact

Yes they are.
>Samsung S10e
>Samsung A40
>Iphone XS
>Xperia Ace
>Pixel 3

All in same size category to few mm's

Attached: 1458124001325.jpg (585x780, 128K)

None of those phones is compact.

Okay but do xperias still break upon the slightest impact?

I'd pay good money for this.

Attached: S10-mini_4.2inch_.jpg (1022x763, 202K)

This isn't a flagship like the XZ2C obviously

It's 67mm wide. That's way more comfortable to hold than the fucking 8cm+ wide doors they sell these days.

t.manlet

I really like the look of XZ1C. The SD 835 should still be better than the 630 right

Attached: Sony-Xperia-XZ1-Compact-Review-TI.jpg (680x453, 57K)

You are a retard. Seriously. What are you even doing here? Please kys.

Can someone tell me why xiaomi phones are rare in repair shops?

According to benchmarks, yes. The 835 should be around 16 % faster than the 660. Though the Sony may throttle the 835 more than the 660 since the 660 produces less heat.

IRL you may not see a difference at all between one chip or the other.

Attached: Cp4ZSYVXEAAl9s9.jpg (471x427, 53K)

660/670 would be more than fast enough if it uses near-stock Android, no idea why they went with the 630.

>still thicc bezels

We need a Pixel Mini with no bezels for a good compact phone, the Ace could be much more compact without those stupid large bezels.

Attached: 1555263594176.jpg (1200x675, 337K)

>compact
>5 inch screen
what

t. doesn't like bendy phones

sony uses a custom android os I believe.

>murh bezels
Is there any clearer sign of bugmanism?

Are you OK?

it's pretty much debloated nowadays except for the sony apps

Anyone rocking this badboy?

Attached: Galaxy_A3_2017_.jpg (3000x1688, 294K)

But I'm a girl

better if the mini version doesn't have a fucking front camera

Got a XZ1C a year ago and nothing to complain about. Battery lasts me 2days if normal usage.

do you use stock or custom rom? is it possible to enable gestures like in the newer android versions? I really miss my Nokia n9, feels like gesture navigation is meant for small phones

Attached: 10903-M14546-2484.jpg (670x449, 30K)

compact bar is perfect
all they need to do is update hardware

Very simple reason actually. It's because they are pretty well made and pretty cheap. So they don't break down a lot and if they do, it's not worth repairing it.

bump
dudes I need to replace my Lumia 520 in January. I preferably want a small, not-botnet phone for running botnet applications like whatsapp, which I can't boycott.

Any suggestions?

>Lumia 520 size phone
You're fucked.

tell me it aint so
I also love my lumia because it doesn't have a front cam
All it's missing is a tinfoil hat.
Slow processor? Check. Small Screen? Outdated OS? Shitty Camera? Shitty Accelerometer? All check.

Truly the last non-botnet phone.
I seriously don't get this craze over large phones. I remember, 5 inches used to be large 5 years ago.
I remember the Moto Razr, Galaxy S4, freaking Xperia Play.
I JUST WANT A SMALL SCREEN GODDAMNIT

I was using an Xperia L for over 5 years. Dropped it at least 3 times per week. The thing that ultimatetely broke was the headphone jack.
Well, TBF, the Volume buttons broke about ayear earlier, but that was just me being stuptid. I fucked with the plastic part thay was part of the back cover while I had the covor removed, and it fell off.

Congratz to all the lil hand niggas

iPhone SE was the only same category phone as the Z Compact phones. and now it's pretty outdated/old.

how fat are you? holy fuck.

I used a Z3C for around 2 years. Granted I had Spigen case on it (but I dropped it without too).. there was zero damage. The flaps.. now those came loose on their own and shit. Even one time the lens got wet when I was working outside, but Sony replaced the whole phone in warranty.

So yea, my Z3C was hella durable. Sold it because there were no proper roms on it (all of them had chunky "WHATS BROKEN" in the opening post, people complaining, etc.)

my gf uses a Note 9. she used a Mate 10 Pro before that. before that, she had an LG G Pro 2. first phone was a Note 2.

she did use an Xperia Sola for a while too, but girls don't need tiny phones. they have no pockets, no place to store it. so whenever she wants to check the time or anything, out comes the bag, or backpack, whatever.

and if you take those out, any phone size is fine really. you can use your jacket/sweater pocket to carry it around if you must.
I would definitely wear pants with pockets tho. Fuck fashion.

yea I fucking hate this when companies do this.
> release a niche phone with cult following
> put in an inferior SOC
(mi max 3, honor note 10, tab s5e, this phone...)

like I don't give a fuck if its 300$ or 400$, but give me a soooc.

I love the sharp edges and bezels.

Why do people suddenly want tiny smartphones? Is it just men with baby hands who want this shit?

>phoning
>messaging
>mail
>light browsing
none of these require huge fucking screen

I might be totally wrong about this, but I'd bet it really comes down to power consumption. These things have a much smaller battery than a flagship phone and that means they wouldn't make it through the day with higher draw components. Higher power also means more heat and there isn't as much space to manage that in these phones either.

None of these require newer processors.
Why upgrade?

depends on usecase. me, and probably you, we are power users. I am not an insta fuckboi, I just do a lot of things on the phone. if I am on site, I practically work on it.

but if someone just calls people, just sends an SMS from time to time, takes some pictures... uses basically the phone as a smart feature-phone, then a compact size is just handier.

The screen size shouldn't be the sole measure of a compact phone.
Consider the size of iPhone SE bezels, for example.