I just found out Google is officially planning to kill off Hangouts. What should I switch my family to...

arstechnica.com/gadgets/2019/01/the-great-google-hangouts-shutdown-begins-october-2019/
I just found out Google is officially planning to kill off Hangouts. What should I switch my family to? I heard Allo is a piece of shit, Facebook is a botnet, and Matrix is too difficult for tech illiterates. Does Signal require making a new account? THERE ARE SO MANY CHOICES. WHAT DO.

Attached: Hangouts_Icon.png (256x256, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

librem.one
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

kys

Maybe someday but not soon.

WhatsApp like every other family

WhatsApp is probably easiest, especially if you already have people you know using it. If you don't want to use FB botnet, there's Telegram.

Whatsapp, it's the botnet every family uses.

compromised and botnetpilled

use signal. I was surprised to see a group of friends of a friend switching entirely to it. very easy.

>Matrix is too difficult for tech illiterates
what you just search the name and add them.

I'm trying out Signal now. I found out Signal is partially funded by Mark Shuttleworth.

I haven't tried it. It's what I read from previous discussions here.

> compromised and botnetpilled
> use botnet

Attached: 1558092537579.jpg (408x308, 48K)

You have to remember that it's for the family so most likely normal family talk with spam of articles, videos and images.
WhatsApp is the "friendliest" one in that term especially if, and when, something happens and you have to fix it for your family member like grandparents.

I tried telegram and signal with mine and just stuck with WhatsApp since it just werks with practically no maintenance.

Google Voice

Signal.

What can you tell us about it? I forgot it existed after they abandoned the app years back.

librem.one

I'm not gonna call you a retard so I'm going to call this bait

>it's for the family
you click INSTALL and then you write to people. how is this hard?

>since it just werks with practically no maintenance
same with signal

ew
just get jami, don't fund that scam. I like their phone, but this is just awful.
and these are just clients for fucking email, matrix and mastodon, and some unknown bumfuck vpn repackage
Holy shit this is awful
also
>android apps
overall, this is fucking idiotic and they need to pull out of this market asap
>librem app store
just, why. fuck that shit

Snapchat

I don't want my family's nudes.

nido.org

What are you, gay?

why not?

somehow skype, despite microsoft fucking with it heavily, has managed to persist through the years
picture a boomer who has been using skype since it's conception and hasn't moved since, never jumping services or even trying them, laughing in your face
skype will, probably, not die, unless microsoft will seriously commit to destroying every consumer product it has, though skype is brand for their enterprise offering too. ms may be abandonware incorporated, but it's forever

you also don't want to store those stupid photos and memes you get on some server forever, or worse, on your phone, which is the case with whatsapp because it just works that way
personally, to each and every one of you, fuck you
whatsapp is like having botnet without any convenience of it.

what's more intersting is what google will do after that
in some bizarre twist, google went from having several chat apps, to none
>welcome the future of messaging, by google: sms
fuck states

Instagram and Twitter are the only socially relevant platforms of now. Everyone else can beat it.
Instagram is owned by facebook, so that leaves us with Twitter.

Attached: 1555248187270.jpg (1004x1024, 105K)

Shitskins like you don't belong on Jow Forums.

suddenly chatting in google doc becomes a viable option

>whatsapp is like having botnet without any convenience of it.
The convenience is that everyone and their dog uses it in some parts of the world.

What are you on about?

There are no rules on Jow Forums preventing "shitskins" from posting
You have to go back

Attached: 12D7B320ADE2426D9331C17384C2CF01.jpg (900x900, 204K)

Back to your containment board you go!

it's a full blown wifi/mobile calling app now with SMS/MMS and calling support

I use it and it works really well. Highly recommended.

Whatsapp is barely used in America, where iPhone is the most owned phone and their messaging service is the defacto messenger, so for him any other messaging service equals brown people.