What audio format does Jow Forums use?

What audio format does Jow Forums use?

Attached: FLAC_logo.jpg (600x450, 21K)

.dsf

FLAC of course! Got a 256GB microSD card, so space isn't an issue.

Attached: Screenshot_20190517-121026_BlackPlayer EX.jpg (1080x2220, 277K)

gusic

mp3 or m4a

$ find Music -type f | sed -n 's/..*\.//p' | sort | uniq -c
1 db
2 directory
312 flac
197 jpg
2113 mp3
23 ogg
4 png

flac for music that justifies it because of detail density like High on Fire, Sleep, Tool. mp3/m4a 320kbps for anything that doesn't benefit much from more weight

.midi master race.

Opus

mp4

$ find Musik -type f | sed -n 's/..*\.//p' | sort | uniq -c
24 directory
3802 flac
24 m4a
6390 mp3
19 ogg
159 opus
5 txt
60 wma

$ find Music -type f | sed -n 's/..*\.//p' | sort | uniq -c | sort -n
29 png
294 mp3
1043 jpg
7802 flac

this
OPUS, tta, flac, ape
As everyone on this board knows, mp3 is yikes

FLAC for archival
Listen to the FLAC on PC since it's there anyway
Encode to Opus 160 to put on my phone

Spotify

The format it originally is, i have mostly aac files.

You autists actually use compression?
Fucking raw PCM masterrace here, everything else is pointless.

64 kbps mp3

320 mp3, works on my shit phone. Flac on laptop

>Daft punk

flac and m4a and some ogg files for really old audio clips

RealAudio

>Not liking daft punk
Do you even late night drive?

What's wrong with that?

WAV
I have all my music on CD, which I rip to iTunes. Never purchased music digitally.

Attached: WAV.png (478x474, 36K)

>wav instead of flac
>48 khz CD rips instead of 44.1 khz
Dude, why?

space is no commodity and max everything. Doesn't hurt - why not.

If you name all your cover art precisely AlbumArt.jpg or AlbumArt.png, android will generate thumbnails fairly quickly if you transfer albums to you're android device.

Attached: 1512585483593.jpg (150x150, 7K)

.ogg
better than mp3 but not as wasteful as FLAC.

FLAC takes up too much space
>muh quality
google: "Diminishing Returns"
320kbps is just fine.

Attached: beards.png (1383x1383, 744K)

The wrong sample rate does hurt.

Flac

How?
>that's a serious question?

48000hz vs. 44100hz
??what who cares

because you're resampling the material with a very odd number, everything has to be interpolated
depending on the algorithms nothing really bad happens but it just makes no sense to do, you're literally wasting space with theoretically worse quality

500kb/s oggs are almost as big as flacs, still lossy, and use more cpu overhead.

>you lost me

Attached: 1416519657077.jpg (1280x850, 725K)

If you upscale something without a perfect 1:2 or integer ratio you create aliasing and artifact.
44.1 kHz does not sound better converted at 44.2 kHz
Real science / tech fact. Plz don’t do stupid things just because ‘bigger is better’

>256GB
>flac

So, two songs?

>So 2 songs?
Huh? I have 2k+

Attached: SmartSelect_20190517-150147_Solid Explorer.jpg (957x1206, 189K)

wav

started listening to music last year did ya

Are you one of those autistic audio-fools? If so then there is nothing left to say.

this desu

>FLAC for Archival
>320Kb/s MP3 for Car

mp3 and flac.
>not as wasteful as FLAC.
you.. do know .ogg is just a container, don't you? and for lossless they use FLAC or oggPCM? (pro-tip: most retards use the lossy vorbis or opus codec). i can't wait to see you explain your retarded ass out of this one. this should be hilarious.

this motherfucker gets it.
> i have 2k+
i downloaded 2,000+ MP3s (15.4gb - dozens of albums, some multi disc) in the last 48hrs alone. i have a hoarding problem, an enjoyable hoarding problem. the problem is running out terabyte drives to keep everything stored on.

>mp3

Attached: 1483485925736.png (399x322, 42K)

take your meds

The one that actually is needed.
Flac doesn't mean you're listening in super-duper-hiper-uber format. It means you're a faggot that thinks you're listening to a super-duper-hiper-uber format. What matters is bitrate, and if you actually are working the piece to make it as best quality as possible. Electronic music doesn't require much bitrate.
Orchestral does, but over 64k is overkill anyway.
Movies have a category of their own.
In short: you're a fucking poser.

lame v0 is good, 320kbps is retarded though

>lame v0 is good
Not when AAC sounds the same at half the bitrate.

320kb/s is standard for any music. You hear it literally from everywhere. Your ears listen in at max 640 bitrate. That's flac "quality". Over that and you must be a literal blind savant autism buddha to hear a fucking difference.
You people disgust me to the bone.

it's such a shit format. fuck, m4a is so much better. 320kbps m4a looks practically identical (in Spek) to a FLAC/ALAC version of that file.

>electronic doesn't require much bitrate
bad bait, high quality samples are dithered to hell and have a ton of noise. most classical is by far the easiest shit to compress well

you know shit
classical is not easy to manage, since you have to take the environment into account, not only the instruments and ambient sounds.
electronic, you literally produce at checked rates undisturbed by air pressure.
fucking Jow Forums stick to your tracer keyboards.

He can't understand why anyone would want to archive in lossless format. Or why when storage space and cpu overhead aren't issues, they can't be bothered with lossy transcoding to reduce filesize.
In short: you're a fucking retard.

I explained in detail why you don't need that.
To do that in an even simplier way:
You can't hear beyond a certain level. That level is reached in "loosless"quality (it means higher bitrate, btw, you fucking ignorant).
You won't hear a difference when it goes above that 600+kb/s. It's physically impossible. Your eardrums do not register.
Hence: the subject is for posers who do not understand what the fuck they're talking about.

Maybe I should have typed slower.

You don't compress audio files because your ears can't tell the difference, you do it to save storage space.

flac for backup
mp3 192 for actual daily use

anything else is retarded

probably, your brain might have caught up with your typing speed then

increasing bitrate goes along with increasing file size as well as its contents quality.
Where in there did I write to compress anything?

cringe

This thread went to shit fast. I love how so many people are throwing around keywords like bit rate like they understand what it means, or even how to calculate it.

Anyone here that thinks they're hot shit want to actually defend their opinions with facts?
Bonus points to whoever uses the thread's secret word correctly!
HINT: **q**** **t*

I tried to put forth the most basic concept that you seem to unable to grasp. You don't seem to have the mental capacity for even that. Hopefully, you're just being obstinate. I hate to think you're really that stupid.

flac for everything expect for a single fucking EP which was released as a 320 MP3 only.

I love how you people don't know that you don't need to calculate shit.

Attached: gisntmusic.png (1888x1040, 1.12M)

meant for

Its meant for those throwing around "320k!" for mp3's or "44.1k!" for PCM

Different measurements that don't go together, but brainlets just think bigger number is better

>24 bits
>192k sps
A man of quality I see.

false
FLAC is superior if you want the perfect copy
Opus is best for lossy
V0 is second best

2k is not even that much. Hell, that's a pleb amount of songs.

that's two seconds worth of 2MB. That's top lossless quality, but not needed which is what I'm trying to point out.
This literally is not needed for home use. You cannot make anything out of this. It's for cinemas, concerts.. not even clubs use this quality - mainly becuase DJs don't compile, but just improvise on the go, and the quality is synthesizers' anyway.
I just don't get you people. You don't even need flac or anything else. get a wav for anything.
And compressing a file with a different format does modify its contents' quality too. It's not a "better music in a smaller format" but a mp3 in flac format.
I mean.. there are literal whole academic proffesions centered around this subject, and yet here we have a bunch of Jow Forumss trying to hustle flacs like some big dope. baka

Ogg at q7 for most things.
Mp3 at q2 for some things.
Flac for any recording that has sentimental value or is part of a project.
Wavpack for any recording that is absolutely precious to me (because of its correction file feature).

186 cue
5137 flac
3 jpeg
654 jpg
61 JPG
209 log
1 LOG
68 m3u
33 m3u8
58 m4a
148 mkv
5444 mp3
1 MP3
237 png
616 wav

I agree with you, I use wav, or some raw PCM format, I don't even use FLAC. 24-bit 192k is excessive, but there is a massive science behind it that most people don't know.
I'm no snoody audiophile, but I am an electronics engineer focused in audio, so I get the science behind it.
Too many highschool fags thinking their opinions are fact.

This.
Imagine converting a 1024 * 1024 jpg to 1025 * 1025 and claiming no loss of quality.

Perfect FLAC converted to V0 MP3

I rip to flac. Not because I have golden ears, but because with a couple hundred albums I'm still only using 5% of my disk space.
And you know what else my ears can't tell a single fucking difference between? Opus and mp3. That's what. And I don't give a fuck how many of you retards think I'm a retard. I just feel sorry for you. You're retards.

down syndrome much

flac for storage, mp3 v0 for phone play

>all these fixed rate mp3s
you really think you're smarter than a computer?

Once you go FLAC, you never go back.

what's the most obscure audio format? i want to know so i can spam it in future threads for maximum nerd cred

I know I'm smarter than you. Retard.

I wish I had stayed in the ͟f͟r͟i͟e͟n͟d͟l͟y audio format thread.

I wish you died in your whore mother's womb.

What the fuck are you on. You hear in hertz you fucking tardmuffin.

Archive all my stuff in FLAC, for listening I use the most efficient format supported by my devices, which sadly means mp3...

>not liking Daft Punk
Pleb

Opus 192

cringe

dsd256
;^)

Black player, nice... Hope they fix the artist scrapper soon, sick of seeing stars for all the new bands I add.

I use flac on my PC, but mp3 on my phone and DAP.(because of file size)

this.

flac and aac

FLAC 16 bit and 24 bit
Wavpack 32 bit
DSD 64/128/256

And for my ringtones, MIDI.

33.2 Kbps real player stream

FLAC on my computer.
Opus at 80 kbps on my phone.

This is, objectively speaking, the best setting possible, and you can't deny it.

literally retarded reply. classical music basically only has frequencies below 10 KHz whereas electronic frequently has noise all the way past 21 KHz. don't reply if you've never seen a classical cd spectral vs a random electronic record spectral

It violates the integrity of the bits