I think Intel just made me purchase AMD

techpowerup.com/255508/yet-another-speculative-malfunction-intel-reveals-new-side-channel-attack-advises-disabling-hyper-threading-below-8th-9th-gen-cpus

I think Intel just made me purchase AMD.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-17_20-59-58.png (770x751, 169K)

Other urls found in this thread:

intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/corporate-information/SA00233-microcode-update-guidance_05132019.pdf
techpowerup.com/255563/intel-tried-to-bribe-dutch-university-to-suppress-knowledge-of-mds-vulnerability
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

already patched
stay irrelevant lol

intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/corporate-information/SA00233-microcode-update-guidance_05132019.pdf

>already patched
>30% performance decrease

all right bro

I really wanted an i9 9900k too, but I'd rather not get pwned by security flaws that Jewtel are too lazy to fix.

With jews, you lose

>I think Intel just made me purchase AMD.
ples buy intel sir

I have no idea about how these things work but I find it suspicious that the only reason why older hardware that would otherwise be perfectly fine, gets fucked on and on by these different issues.

Is Intel searching for new security issues just to sell their newer hardware?

Tinfoilhat out...

Attached: 1538291621611.jpg (477x540, 46K)

I wonder if in the future they will keep "discovering flaws" on CPU's to force us to upgrade out of sheer panic.

Don't forget about this doozy:
techpowerup.com/255563/intel-tried-to-bribe-dutch-university-to-suppress-knowledge-of-mds-vulnerability

[Citation]

There hasn't been a single person in history that has been compromised by any of these variants. Don't be a mindless lemming.

this theory would've been viable but Intel has nothing to offer in the desktop market before 2020, AMD on the other hand is releasing 7nm CPU's in the next couple of weeks.

why does techpowerup keep shilling their shit here?

All shit posting aside, are these real issues?
We've all been using Intel chips for years and years without issues.
But suddenly no chip is safe.

No, intel made you purchase a newer iteration of their mostly same product. Except now that you've disabled HT your upgrade will be at least twice as fast.

Attached: 1514936371323.jpg (940x672, 552K)

what a shame user! it seems you will need to buy our new 14++++++ to overcome these flaws!

Attached: 1412331014731.jpg (200x270, 20K)

...that still get beat by Haswell.

That's right goy, keep buying Intel. Nothing to see here.

what about ryzen? is ryzen getting rid of hyperthreading?

Nope, still not gonna update

Attached: 1553928770189.jpg (480x360, 19K)

This stuff mostly effects servers and VM hosts
In theory these exploits could allow things such s passwords to be leaked from memory using javascript in a browser which would seem like it could affect alot of people but realistically something like that would be almost impossible to pull off