All right buying a phone and two weeks, help me decide between OnePlus 7 pro and Asus Zenfone 6

All right buying a phone and two weeks, help me decide between OnePlus 7 pro and Asus Zenfone 6.

Attached: Asus-ZenFone-6-vs-OnePlus-7-Pro.jpg (1200x800, 389K)

IPhone XS Max

Attached: Bonbibonkers.1558087872752.gif (378x490, 3.43M)

Zefone 6
>twice the battery life (literally)
>cooler camera
>sd slot
>jack

I like the oneplus that screen is how samsung should've done it completely end to end, don't even care if the camera is a little boxy boi poking out the top i think its cool.

ZenFone 6 hands down. No headphone jack on the OP7 is just pants on head retarded, otherwise it'd be the obvious choice.

keep clinging to your 19th century 3.5, morons

Xperia 1.
Asus has literally (literally) never made a good phone. And a 3.5mm jack is worthless if it has mediocre-shit output. The 3.5mm jack is only worth using on LG phones. That's the only phone that gets points for having a 3.5mm jack.

Keep defending the retards who design these phones. The ZenFone 6 is proof all the bullshit excuses about removing the Jack were just that, bullshit.

The ZenFone 5 was decent IIRC. There's been no in depth reviews of the ZF6 yet, so it's hard to say how its sound quality will be. But even a shitty 3.5mm connection will always destroy a jewtooth connection so it's a fairly moot point.

It comes with wireless headphones so I would give them a pass.

It doesn't. Have you seen an unboxing? It doesn't even come with an adapter for fuck's sake.

Oh fuck I guess the big box full of stuff is just for reviewers. At least the galaxy s10 came with galaxy buds goddammit.

>Keep defending the retards who design these phones. The ZenFone 6 is proof all the bullshit excuses about removing the Jack were just that, bullshit.
the main reason for not having the jack is aesthetics, and this hasn't been disproven nor will it be

unironically buy a used iphone, it will be supported longer

unless you sit at home watching animu on a 6.5 inch screen, then buy a $700 android.

It was done as a corner that could be cut. No jack means there's no need for a DAC inside the phone either. Plus, it's a step towards closing the analog hole.

Don't tell me you actually believe that. The real reason is so these companies can sell their own line of bluetooth headphones and make using preexisting wired ones as much of a pain in the ass to use as possible (hence adapters not being included).

That's what it is sadly. It does come with a clear case at least.

iPhone XR

based

Attached: 1549601415458.jpg (1024x768, 149K)

That is absolutely not true. Most USB dongles have better audio quality than phones with a 3.5mm jack and there are dozens of Bluetooth adapters with better output than your average phone 3.5mm jack. Not letting you use a shitty 3.5mm jack is literally the best trend in modern phones right now.

who

By all means keep buying the pieces of faggot shit that dont include a 3.5mm jack while I'll continue to buy phones that don't omit them just because. Everyone wins.

really ?

Man, the zenfone is almost perfect, but
>huge
>glass back even though it doesn't have wireless charging
>GMSArena says there's only USB 2.0 connectivity but I can't find anything corroborating that.
>no water resistance rating (then again, imagine trying to waterproof that camera)

>Most USB dongles have better audio quality than phones with a 3.5mm jack
False, most phones don't have a dedicated DAC and use the one on the SoC instead. Dongles provided with phones are universally worse, with exception of phones that support analog over USB, in which case the conversion falls again on the SoC, so the audio quality is the same as if it had a 3.5 mm jack, but not better.
In case of bluetooth headphones, things are a bit different as they handle the conversion themselves, so the end result can be great assuming they both support aptX communication standard. However such headphones are considerably more expensive than their wired counterparts, but at least they have some benefits as opposed to dongles.
Bottom line is, Oneplus 7 pro is a cheap garbage that cuts corners everywhere, including not having wireless charging (a staple for 2019 flagships of respectable brands) and nobody should buy it.

Eh I was in the same spot (needed new phone since old one broke), and honestly.. IF you root, need roms, get OP.

If you don't, then there are sooo many great phones out there. P30 Pro, Mate 20 X, Galaxy Note 9... and they are pretty affordable too used (I picked up a Note 9 in mint shape for gf).

Point is, if you root, there is only OP and Pixel. Xiaomi has SOME devices like the Mi Mix 2S that have a community, but eh, it's still a risky move. I bought a Mi Max 3 and even though you could unlock it, it literally had no development done for it / on it whatsoever. (even though the hardware matched a lot of other cheapo models.)