OS is significantly better than Windows for practically all purposes

OS is significantly better than Windows for practically all purposes

Attached: knowledge_graph_logo.png (302x302, 10K)

>good os is tied to shitty overpriced hardware
a real tragedy

OP here: I'm gay btw, not sure if that matters

What does better than Windows?

Not even Applel uses macshitOS.

Attached: 1551380773085.jpg (1023x800, 116K)

Everything, since it is UNIX.

It's not UNIX though. If it was UNIX compliant you'd be able to port everything over to other UNIX platforms, but you can't.

Well, I guess there is no such thing as UNIX, then.

You can't because the one that is a shitty Unix look-alike is Linux. Mac OS is the real thing. UNIX certified.

fagOS is the shitty look-alike macjeet, linux is the true heir

GNU was never meant to be true UNIX.

I can't import things from HP-UX into mac shit, try again retard.

Yes there is, UNIX is a standard. There is a lot of UNIX compliant software you can use on MacOS, Linux, BSD because it's UNIX compliant. However a lot of things on MacOS is not UNIX compliant so calling it UNIX would be false, no?

Nothing really works between any UNIX OS.

>significantly better
try bringing a macbook into a professional business environment for actual work, you'll get laughed out of the office. what will it be compatible with in that setting? absolutely fucking nothing. my partner encountered a problem a few years ago at her job: staff wanted the company to buy them apple macbooks instead of the usual PC laptops they get for free for work purposes. my partner (in charge of business finances and administration for a multi billion dollar company) then told them to shut the fuck up and buy them with their own money (they seriously thought the business would buy them overpriced iTOYS. fucking idiots.) .. and to add insult to injury for these fucking idiots: apple products were then banned from the business entirely due to compatibility problems with existing IT infrastructure. portability between systems at that company was fucking nightmare with apple's os. these iTODDLERS complained to my partner's boss and this boss threatened to fire anyone that asks for any apple product ever again.

is this significantly better, faggot? apple's os is fucking cancer and shills like you deserve to hang.

What are those things, exactly?

Right, GNU was meant to replace UNIX, and it did. POOSIX certification means shit now since making your software POOSIX makes it compatible with fruit shit and nothing else. When is fagOS going to get Linux Standard Base certification?

The entire point of certification is compatibility, and macshit has none except with itself.

Attached: 1528295961544.png (800x480, 19K)

getty would be a good example

wouldn't trade it for Linux but I sure as fuck would take it over Windows

My network banned Windows for security reasons.

How so?

Then what is the point of the POSIX cert? Something HP-UX has...

It's a UNIX program that runs on both Linux and OpenBSD

MACTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1531871100757.gif (540x304, 1.78M)

It is supposed to make a standard, but it really hasn't. It's a bit of a farce. Nothing works between UNIX and it has always been this way.

You retard.

Nothing says originality more than AppleĀ®

Attached: AbbeyRoadShrinkCov2CapLogoLP289c.jpg (420x440, 193K)

Thanks for proving my point.

Attached: 1557326306618.gif (500x281, 498K)

I can't run launchd on Linux, so MacOS isn't inherently UNIX. Stay upset, sperg.

Don't you know that the whole purpose of bait is to look like a normal genuine question, not just a random nonsensical shit. Fucking zoomers, can't even shitpost right.

Attached: small_bait.png (625x626, 34K)

I thought you were saying that macOS is not POSIX while HP-UX is, when in reality they are pretty much on par with one another in that regard.

Pajeet detected.

>projecting

>My network banned Windows for security reasons.
im not surprised at all. this company she worked for had really strict setups on their window's laptops they gave out. no admin access at all, firewalled, some kind of special security software to replace window's weak efforts, locked down UEFI, etc.etc. if employees wanted to install anything on these windows laptops, it had to be approved by the IT staff and they'd install it, if it was whitelisted. you couldn't do anything to the windows laptops without the IT staff knowing about it.

fpbp

Hate to admit it, but apple hardware quality really fell off with Jobs gone(like before). The correlation is hard to dismiss.

thistbhfam

I work with an investment bank and we've completely ruled out Windows due to security and hardware issues. OS serious just blows Windows out of the water and I say this as a long time Windows user

I was trying to point out the hypocrisy that both are POSIX certified while neither have compatibility with each other.

Attached: 1557287855028.gif (360x200, 1.39M)

Everything except gaymen, ironically

Then make that clearer, negro anime watcher.

Did someone say GAMES?!?

Attached: 1551560662944.gif (413x243, 51K)

I'm not "baiting" I'm dead serious. Lay out the pros and cons of Windows v OS and there is a clear winner. Microsoft employs anti-competative practices to keep people hostage. Notice how retards can only say "b-b-but compatibility"?

how will mactoddlers EVER recover?

If Linux is UNIX, then Windows is UNIX, because Linux is a subset of Windows 10 now.

Linux is a kernel.

Here's my take. MacOS is good as a supplementary OS to Linux if you need proprietary software. Of course Mac hardware is shit, and Linux is better in my opinion. However if you need software like the Adobe suite for work or school it's probably a better option than installing Windows if you're able to hackintosh.

What wasn't clear? I get that you can't be sarcastic through the internet, but I don't think it was that hard to get I was drawing parallels.

Attached: 1558049082446.gif (500x375, 756K)

No, it was apparent that you were just trying to denigrate macOS.

BASED