Multi-process can't be turned off anymore in Firefox

>Mozilla plans to remove configuration options in upcoming versions of the Firefox web browser that allow users to disable the browser's multi-process architecture.
>ghacks.net/2019/05/17/going-forward-multi-process-cant-be-turned-off-anymore-in-firefox/
What's Pozzilla's endgame here? What did the trannies mean by this?

Attached: firefox-logo.jpg (640x427, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.mozilla.org/Project_Fission
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/disabled-add-on-fix-52-56/
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/disabled-add-on-fix-57-60/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

retard
wiki.mozilla.org/Project_Fission

Why would you want to turn it off anyway?

Less RAM usage

lol ramlet

They still allow you to change the content process limit

And poorer performance.

I'm really sloppy and have 50 tabs open on a slow day. Never exceeded more than 3 GB used. Do people even Adblock?

>you can't make your browser shittier anymore REEEEEEEEEEE
fucking freetards need to be shot

>he uses firefox version > 50.1.0
dare I say it?
"cuck"
btw I have 30 tabs open.

Attached: firefox.png (1280x138, 58K)

>"options are bad!"
>more useless work towards removing features
the math check out

Attached: numozillian.png (830x555, 184K)

This isn't Jow Forums. Nobody gives a fuck.

>pulling the Jow Forums card for no reason whatsoever
last resort eh? isnt this fun, having NO OTHER CHOICE about what you want to do?
;)

I care. Go back with them.

I don't. Shut the fuck up or go to pol.

lol brainlet

Shut up and install Gentoo

>Oh no, I can't make my browser slow anymore! Damn you, Project Quantum! I hate fast!

Have sex Jow Forumsscum, and start talking about technology for once. There was literally no reason to invoke the T word.

>3GB
>anywhere near acceptable for a web browser ever
Jesus I used a hp vl6 up through 2006 that had a pentium2 and 256mb ram and I was able to browse the web.
It's not like the content has improved or changed what the fuck.
3g
The sysyem that replaced that was an athalon II x64 with 2gb ram and I used that through 2012 and had around the same giant number of tabs open.

> After a year of secret preparations, Mozilla has publicly announced plans today to implement a "site isolation" feature, which works by splitting Firefox code in isolated OS processes, on a per-domain (site) basis. The concept behind this feature isn't new, as it's already present in Chrome, since May 2018. Currently, Firefox comes with one process for the browser's user interface, and a few (two to ten) processes for the Firefox code that renders the websites. With Project Fission (as this was named), Firefox split processes will change, and a separate one will be created for each website a user is accessing. This separation will be so fine-grained that just like in Chrome, if there's an iframe on the page, that iframe will receive its own process as well, helping protect users from threat actors that hide malicious code inside iframes (HTML elements that load other websites inside the current website). This is the same approach Chrome has taken with its "Site Isolation."

>firefox split processes will change
>firefox will become more like chrome

So they will change e10's after it went live 10 official releases later after YEARS of developing e10's? Why not just improve current e10's/electrolysis?

its all connected and an ongoing process, just like removing xul, better sandbox, addon changes
the web is a mess (thanks google) and security is what made mozilla do many of these changes
but feel free to eat the fud and promote some neckbeard fork

Years of development tossed out just like that. Only 10 official releases. All this to adopt a Chrome feature. Can't this people come up with a better fix than just copying Chrome? At this point why not make Firefox another Chrome reskin?

>Removing outdated code and bloat is an ongoing process
No shit?

>but feel free to eat the fud and promote some neckbeard fork
You complain about these things and then disparaging the people doing the actual hard work to fix things? Where is your fork that isn't "neckbeard"?

The web changed retard. How are you this dumb

reading comprehension pls. it's not tossed out, fissure will continue the work done with e10 and related changes

>the people doing the actual hard work to fix things
im talking about forks keeping xul (facepalm), ignoring all the security improvements and speed gains
same people that keep trashing mozilla because the new webext api doesnt cover xul 100%

Cancerous web devs changed the web and made it shit

>removing their genitals wasnt enough so they remove user options

What is your genius idea for a better fix? As long as companies are deploying bloated javascript applications that users expect to work, and as long as nasty CPU security bugs keep getting discovered, process isolation is the only path to having actual security and stability. This isn't a case of copying chrome but a case of there being literally no other way to solve a real engineering problem.

I don't see the problem, there are legit business reasons for maintaining an older fork.

does this mean i wont be able to mute indivual tabs from the same site anymore like chromeshit now?
FUCK YOU MOZILLA

Attached: .jpg (236x177, 12K)

>Never exceeded more than 3 GB used
>3GB for a web browser

Were you just playing video games in the browser? WTF?

Attached: Cones.webm (320x180, 2.72M)

Not that I care. I have everything possible for Firefox blocked 3 ways and deleted. No updates are possible. I'm staying with 66.0.5 forever.

>This is the same approach Chrome has taken with its "Site Isolation."

Hey man I'm not the one getting paid for it. They should be the ones doing their own implementation not just copying Chrome but maybe this is exactly what they did. I'm just scared off of every browser becoming Chrome, after all, even Microsoft gave up and now has a Chrome reskin

Is there anything wrong with those cones? Looks alright to me.

kek

lmao

So I got to meet a chunk of Firefox's engineering team at work. The one thing I will say is, those guys know their shit. Not a woman amongst them when we met, but the guys knew it back and forwards. I have some faith in the direction their heading (even though I hopped off Firefox a while back).

Even the question of DNSoverHTTPS was raised, and they were pretty clear they wanted to offer options, but that as the infrastructure of the net stood currently, they really didn't have a way to do so. Their 1.1.1.1 experiment was described as an improvement until the rest of the web catches up (which is fair).

Overall, I think they're still a decent org, it's just a pity there's so much dumb shit SJW stuff going on.

it's still less stable

>Not a woman amongst them when we met
Of course not.

fair enough, but I also don't see what's wrong with those cones

what happens if your glovetips/fingers get sucked in by the rolling press? do they have switches to turn it of and extricate themselves?
do the machines have sensors or failsafes that stop automatically?
how frequent are the injuries?

based

>1.1.1.1
Anyone who defends MITMA deserves a horrific death the likes Jow Forums uses to scare normies off

CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES

>quantum
>electrolysis
>fission
holy cringe.

And that's a good thing
Isn't it so much better now!
We can express the same shit with a 1000 fold increase on resource requirements with 0 new features or anything to justify using so much memory.
The web is now so great that it uses the entire memory space of a 32 bit system to display fucking hypertext.
>changed
That's one way to put it. You might also call it absolute dogshit shit designed by sub-20 IQ non sentient brain damaged mongloidal webdev apes that used their vampiric cocksucking to drain the web of any sanity and replace every single fucking aspect of it with bloat
All to display hypertext. Someone with a brain needs to be there to tell these morons when to stop.
Fuck off moron

Attached: brainlet.jpg (216x233, 7K)

>(facepalm)
faggot leave
>bloat = muh fast
the botnet is slow as shit.
lynx + motherfuckingwebsite blows faggotfox in the dust
turn off javascript, turn on third party request blocking.
stop using normalfag websites.
that web never went away - you, and the fags you enable, are the ones who left it behind.

Why is this a bad thing?

just your average poltard seeing bandwagons that do not exist everywhere
mozilla can be incredibly incompetent, but for completely different reasons than what the wave of shitposters the last year(s) have been pointing out
it is pretty hilarious that they unabashedly call others npcs (even though there might be some point to be made there), though.

Attached: 1504186806.rawpawprint_8_fran_bow_itward_library.jpg (598x768, 323K)

Already switched to brave

>invoke the T word
Who let tumblr on this board

Using Firefox without Electrolysis (e10s) is not supported for long time, what's more it's bugged per deep integration multi-process system and it's slower. RAM usage is probably the same if you set content processes limits to 1 in Options.

>>>reddi/pol/
>>>redd/int/
>>>reddi/fit/

>tfw just re-opened not too long ago
at least im not a ramlet

Attached: Capture.png (1131x130, 11K)

>It's not like the content has changed

Multi-process was supposed to prevent tab crashes from bringing down the whole browser, right? Funny thing is that tab crashes became a regular thing after I updated to a multi-process version while they were previously virtually nonexistent.

>Mozilla plans to remove configuration options in upcoming versions of the Firefox web browser that allow users to disable the browser's multi-process architecture.
That seems pretty reasonable. Letting the user select the architecture of your program in a config menu is weird as hell, and it sounds like a waste of testing and development cost for no real benefit to users.

Why are you so fucking butthurt. I just said the web changed. That's why browsers use up much more ram. I'm not saying it's a good thing. Kill yourself autist
See above

>browser doesn't crash but everything else does
T-thanks Mozilla.

>not wanting an option taken away from the users makes you Jow Forums

Why is there a human in the loop at all?

I was thinking the same thing while watching that.

Attached: Reheating foods.webm (640x360, 2.68M)

Do not send people to /out/. Send them to where they belong. /out/ is a good board.

but /trash/ is also a good board

Mods still move threads to that cess pit. It is also nearly 100% furry shit. It isn't a good board; other than being a good board for trash containment.

why do you persecute the furries so?
what did they ever do to you?

Attached: 300px-Heresy_vein-popping.png (300x300, 106K)

This news is irrelevant as no one should be using FF anymore after what happened a couple weekends ago.

why haven't they learned from their previous fuck ups?
its been less than a month since their last one

Everything else is Chromium-based, with all the Chromium bullshit that comes along with that.

Just use Waterfox/Icecat.

Because it's in a shithole and it's still cheaper to pay them than to make it fully automatic.

honestly this

What happened a couple week-ends ago? I've been without an Internet access then.

a single security certificate expired.

this cert was the one that signed ALL ff extensions (ad blockers, noscript)

when the cert went tits up... mozilla firefox automatically disabled every adblocker around the world. every keeppass , every darkmode, every extension died, with no easy way to fix.

it was not fixed for like 5 days. and is still broken on a bunch of systems that do not have automatic updates LOL.

this also broke noscript on TORbrowser..... why torb uses an extension instead of a config though lol

i should have mentioned, all OS were affected including m android.

Oh, right. That's a whole new level of irresponsible.
That was a nice time frame to be away I guess since I just had to update without having to understand anything going on.

>this also broke noscript on TORbrowser
How many people do you think pozzilla killed? 40%?

How long until Firefox becomes another Chromium browser?

>I just repeat what other retards say because I don't know the difference between architecture, UI and a rendering engine.

upgrade to ryzen and this wouldn't be a problem ;)

I have 700 open

Attached: Capture.png (648x31, 3K)

>32bit

to stop it from using too much ram

I’ve had random complete system lockups that I always blamed kde for but I think it’s fucking Firefox, cause it just happened under awesomewn. This shits been plaguing for 3 fucking years across 3 different computers.

Tl;dr fuck Firefox.

Anyone on still on an older version of FF? Have you tried the add-on fix add-on that was released a few days ago?

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/disabled-add-on-fix-52-56/
(This one is for 47 - 56 even though the link saids 52-56)
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/disabled-add-on-fix-57-60/

I've been trying to download the 52-56 fix but I get a "addon could not be downloaded connection failure". Is there a way to force download this?

Attached: 1534768981532.jpg (700x368, 45K)

>continue the work done
no
they are literally replacing it all
They took all those years and now they're just gonna copy and paste chrome code

we don't. fuck off to your containment board

>we

kek

how does it feel to becoming the very thing you're trying to fight?

were you able to have 50 tabs open?

fuck off, go back to your shit browser.

>50 Jow Forums threads
multiple tabs showing the same content doesnt uses any more memory

This was for spectre/meltdown, surely they mitigated that months ago?

why would you need that many tabs? you can only really read one page at a time so tabs are kinda pointless anyway

>how does it feel to becoming
do the needful and learn english, pajeet

the about:config trick to reenable addons should work for older ffox