Is Ubuntu based?

Is Ubuntu based?

Attached: cof_orange_hex_400x400.jpg (400x400, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/philosophy/ubuntu-spyware.en.html
m.youtube.com/watch?v=CP8CNp-vksc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ubuntu is a gateway distro that people found works well enough to stick to, despite the proprietary drivers.

I'd say that's based enough :)

i really want an easy to install linux DE that i can do a deep dive into terminal and computer stuff, im excited to try it

yes

Yes. I've used it for 7 seven years on my desktop. It can do more than any other distro.
More importantly, google can solve any problem you encounter.

Mainstream ubuntu is pretty lame but minimal install or Xubuntu/Kubuntu/Ubuntu MATE are good

based on debian

>despite the proprietary drivers
necessary - nouveau is shit

yes, it blows distros like arch out of the water

sweet, finna insta tomorrow once my new HD comes in

debian based

If you enjoy sucking bezos cock

u wot m80

gnu.org/philosophy/ubuntu-spyware.en.html

u w0t

The only time this ever affected me was in 14.04. Searching my videos would return results from amazon video, too. I turned it off.
The past few releases have a shortcut to amazon.com, which you can delete.
I'd rather pay for Ubuntu than have a Amazon subsidize it, but that's not a possibility.

yea debian is great
probably the go to distro for any developer

but ubuntu provides the avarage user with a nice gui, stability and not outdated packages

ubuntu is based and looks nice

you can donate when you download it
if they have to suck "amazon" its out of necesity

at the end tho the tradeoffs dont bother me
whenever i want i can go to debian

Yes it is. On debian actually :'))

yes

>still running novideo on Linux

Ubuntu, Fedora, and Manjaro are definitely the best just works distros out there. Recently settled on Ubuntu the last months and it is mad comfy having decently up to date packages and good backing. It and Fedora look like great picks, I don't think they'll be dropped anytime soon.

>literally just debian with its name changed
>based
I'm sure pretending you own google is also based

Not exactly hard to accomplish, is it?

ebin

>yea debian is great
>probably the go to distro for any developer
enjoy your ancient vulnerabilities in debian, and sid is not even that up to date as people on Jow Forums said
even that schizo that created templeos use ubuntu, so >muh botnet posters can fuck right off

debian based.

a based retard, sure

>noobuntu
>based
install gentoo

For desktop: It hasn't been based since the Gnome 3 incident. Granted, it wasn't Canonical's fault, but they never recovered.
For server: Pretty fucking based.

Ubuntu vanilla isn't that based due to GNOME, but the other flavors sure are.

KIll yourself redditnigger.

yes. get job and you will see that all people use it for productivity.

Yes, because it pisses everyone off. Windows users think you're a massive nerdy show off for running Linux, while Linux users think you're a poser with his babby's first distro.

Meanwhile, you've gotten a free OS that will rejuvenate any old computer that's struggling with Windows 10, while also being a functioning OS rather than some sort of pet project that needs your constant attention like the distros "power user" are running.

You win it all and the computing world hates you for it, what's not based about that?

Ubuntu is based on Debian.

Should I give Ubuntu a chance?
t. user that went through ~20 linux distros before getting bored and settling for windowns

openSUSE is based.

they were until the amazon shit

>free OS
*gratis OS

what's the difference, retard?

/thread

rent free

>rent free
*rent gratis

>distrohopping
Terrible practice, but I can understand why people go through it when the populus thinks it's necessary and there are a gorillion distros.
Yes, give it a chance. It's a just werks distro. Always remember not to get too fixated on what you used in Windows, there is almost always an alternative (mcomix for viewing images, clementine for music, mpv for video, qbittorrent as a client, krita for art, etc.). If you want gaymes, consider giving proton a try, I've already played 6 games that were Windows only with it with 0 problems. It's the just werks WINE version.

Attached: 1491408324437.jpg (401x349, 42K)

this except not kubuntu

i3

>debian
>go to distro for any developer

cringe

Any solid reason for an intermediate user to change from Debian to Ubuntu?

yes

If you're not running stable, then I would recommend Ubuntu always. Any other debian branch is shit.
t. almost a year with testing/Sid

m.youtube.com/watch?v=CP8CNp-vksc

on debian

Well I don't really run anything but stable since the other two aren't as important as stable. They're testing grounds. Regardless, I have one more questions. Lots of memes about Ubuntu breaking on upgrades, the non-lts releases to be precise. Are these just memes, stupid people, reality, or a bit of everything?

>google can solve any problem you encounter
this is why I use it for work. I use Arch as my main distro, but Ubuntu has the most solutions for obscure problems

Beat me to it