Net Neutrality

Monthly reminder that it has been 11 months since the repeal of net neutrality took effect and yet no harm has been caused to us as consumers because of it.

Attached: 1558154881660.jpg (1514x780, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

documentcloud.org/documents/3728775-GOP-Member-Toolkit-FCC-Open-Internet-Order-5-2017.html
eff.org/id/node/96535
twitter.com/AnonBabble

based

yet
they're waiting on Trump's re-election - if he gets it (he will) then things are going to get shitty for the consumer and no new administration can get in the way.

Net Neutrality was what was causing the harm.
I can't believe people actually fell for Google and Netflix shilling.

Attached: pajeet.png (1272x671, 311K)

This. In fact, it was the Obama administration that introduced these regulations. So they were fairly recent. Of course Black Man Good and Orange Man Bad.

Net neutrality was adopted by the FCC during the Bush administration. The idea that net neutrality is some Obama-era red tape is a narative pushed by the telecom industry.

As a matter of fact, I found the exact PDF that was distributed to the GOP when the issue first came about in 2017!

documentcloud.org/documents/3728775-GOP-Member-Toolkit-FCC-Open-Internet-Order-5-2017.html

You just paraphrased the second shill point, nice job.

Attached: images.png (250x202, 6K)

even if it does eventually take effect in practice, not just legally, it's doubtful the results would become noticeable for several years, unless the corporations act in the most stupid way possible.

>muh google and netflix shilling, they should pay for their share!
Why do you retards keep on parroting this bullshit? Hell, if you ever rented even a small VPS you would know that you get charged for every byte transferred, so this whole "they use more, they pay more" complain doesn't make any sense, it already works that way and net neutrality has nothing to do with it. "Netflix is using all the bandwidth" wouldn't be a problem if ISPs either spent money on upgrading infrastructure, or just stopped promising customers things they can't actually provide.

this is a shill thread to manipulate people. Grassroot KoolAid so people will parrot this elsewhere.

I have recently noticed some packet shaping with p2p traffic that was not an issue before. I'm getting much lower speeds than normal. If I go through an encrypted VPN the problem goes away.

Comcast

That's weird, it has been the opposite for me. My speeds are faster than usual.

Nice unfalsifiable fallacy there, kiddo.

>if nothing has happened, its because it will happen later, just wait, anytime now, and there is no way you can prove me wrong!

it has already happened now it is just legal. You think we dont live in a socirty driven by greed?

^ purpose of these threads.

It happened before, that's the reason NN was introduced in the first place. What makes you assume it won't happen again?

FTC and FCC are different organizations retardanon

>giving more power to isps to fuck you
Imagine being a retarded bootlicker.

based

eff.org/id/node/96535
Net Neutrality Won't Save Us if DRM is Baked Into the Web
BY CORY DOCTOROW

the web is fucked, and net neutrality is bread and circuses to keep the cattle happy in their cattle pens.
bring on the botnet, the censorship, and misery, and maybe then we will finally get off our collective asses to meshnets and cryptonets where it wont fucking matter.

Good thing I'm talking about the FCC and never mentioned the FTC cretin.

Right wingers would eat cow shit if it """upset the libtards""".

Attached: read.gif (480x368, 3.48M)

youtube and others lost billions because now they have to pay for their bandwidth instead of forking the bill over to isps and customers

read the post above you
the isps burn the candle at both ends.
they charge both you as well as the webservices you use (who end up passing their expenses down to you with higher spotify or netflix prices and more intrusive datamining, analytics, and advertisements if it is "free")
the trouble is, if it costs less to hit that internet opium button, that keeps the niggercattle happy.
dont be a slave.

Retarded user, eu had zero net neutrality for years and it has never harmed anyone.
The most it can do is allow retarded isps to give free internet to retarded sheeps for facebook and shits.

>believing websites have to pay for the users' bandwidth
How much does Jow Forums pay comcast?

Did the senate kill the save the internet act that passed congress?
Or are they waiting for post-election seeing how the vast majority of burgers, even GOP boomers, want NN saved.
Just the ISP social media bots seem to like it.
And the fucktards who think their blind devotion to the orange dotard will give them a chance to lick his nuts.

bout three fiddy

Attached: brainless(1).jpg (540x521, 44K)