How does Jow Forums feel about software that's designed to be addictive?

how does Jow Forums feel about software that's designed to be addictive?
>games
>online gambling
>social media
>most apps on your smartphone

Attached: addicts.jpg (592x392, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

chng.it/xy7QYjjwDk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Stupid people get caught in stupid traps. I rather enjoy watching everyone around be get tricked by such easy ploys.

*pivots porkpie*

Its too subjective to make it illegal in any way. I hate it. I fall into youtube click holes. I msg people on facebook and end up scrolling. I browse Jow Forums daily. I have spent 20K+ hours of my life gaming. I sometimes get something out of it but I think its a net negative

Attached: 1553400932100.png (565x486, 461K)

>writers don't add cliffhangers or sequel hooks to make you buy the next book or watch the next episode
>games need to have dull gameplay loops, because god forbid somebody gets addicted
>thinking any activity that's fun or rewarding enough won't become addictive

>I have spent 20K+ hours of my life gaming.
lol what a newb

this

you could be actually an expert in 2 fields in this time

he could be an expert in both smash bros and counter strike user

There are clear regulatory options possible though, like prohibiting the sale of in-game items or in-game purchases, restricting minors from certain marketplaces

gay

I don't really have the discipline to do something productive in all my free time. But it is probably true that I could be an expert in one field. I am pretty good at counter-strike and smash but (probably like ~2000 hours each), but I would get rolled by onions boys who actually compete

Restricting in-game purchasing would destroy the market. All games are built off this freemium pay to win model. It just gets the most users and profit. Restricting minors is a nice sentiment but they just circumvent.

(you) are not immune to propaganda

>Restricting in-game purchasing would destroy the market. All games are built off this freemium pay to win model. It just gets the most users and profit.
Well of course, outlawing heroin also hurts the heroin market. Video games existed and were better before this crap started.
>Restricting minors is a nice sentiment but they just circumvent.
Well specifically for the freemium games charges can be reversed and accompanied by a penalty. This would very quickly lead to games that require credit card and ID up front.

>haven't watched TV in 10 years
>don't have any social media except for kike book where I have no picture and only use it like 3 times a week to keep up with some people
>busy with my work anyway, no time to fuck around
but ofc they introduce some stupid jew shit at work every now and then which we have to sit and acknowledge to follow like respecting women. So you are partially correct.

While I get that some people don't have the strength of character to resist the urge to play skinner box games....

Sucks for them, we can't just ban everything because some people have no self-restraint.

It is not about strength of character, there is no such thing. Companies are literally spending millions on research and making AIs designed to exploit your dumb monkey brain. And not just with skinner boxes that's just the baby stuff to catch whales, much subtler techniques are used. They are literally grooming children from a young age. We might be the last generation with some amount of freedom from this crap, next generation is already compromised and will never be free.

Has the right idea, the only way to protect yourself from brain aids is abstinence.

It's better than drugs that are designed to be addicting, and those aren't going away anytime soon, so fuck it. I'd rather have my friends and family be glued to whatever the newest replacement for World of Warcraft is, than for them to kill themselves with heroin.

Anyone that has an addiction to software is a fucking bitch. Try using something that makes you convulse and puke when you stop, then makes you emotionally dead for years after.

>Companies are literally spending millions on research and making AIs designed to exploit your dumb monkey brain
this, people in this thread don't seem to have any idea or think they are somehow about being manipulated lol

about=above

visibility and mind share is the most important thing for brands. You only have to influence the people who spread the information. "Leafs" are not worth anything. Shilling works when it affects the loud minority.

You pick the more familiar because it is easy and you know what you are getting.
You get addiction to a brand so it is always ready to pop up from your mind. Gets talked about.
You are given too many choices to overload you and just pick something. Unable to see what the real choices were. You were only given bad choices.

Model that works to make money is used everywhere. Fads and design choices. Then things that dont make money are no longer offered. You would not want to offer something that doesnt make money or lessens need/sales of the "better" product. Everybody follows suit. Markets die and move on to make highest profit products.

Survival bias.
Reviewers, only shills thrive, all others dont exist to general population.
Electronics with low lifespan, nothing is offered with long guarantees, no competition, oligopoly.
Games slowly less and less choice, only cash grabs.
Cars... Clothes... No choice slippery slope of centralization. Fools think we have choice when we have 1000s of products and many brands. Group of bad where to pick. Even if most of the time picked the best nothing changes they wont offer anything outside of the bad/profit group model.

Education and giving choice lowers profit. So do everything to kill these off for more profit. Business as usual.

Propaganda is not mind control.

Wow tell me more, you sound so interesting. Totally not in a edgy way, but like proper cool!

It's bad but it's not solvable under this economic system. It's an inherent problem of capitalism.

I'm disappointed by the job they are doing.

>games
Constantly get shittier, I don't recall the last time I was excited for a new release. I wouldn't even want to pirate anything.
>online gambling
Was somehow tempted for the keks but god, the design on most sites is too shit to bother.
>social media
Layout on all sites but 4chains is just pure shit. And the way they work is even worse. A lot of my friends who liked it are closing their FB and Insta accounts.
>most apps on your smartphone
The music and the notes app?

Fair points but isn't it up to non brainwashed parents to watch their kids instead of parking them infront of a tablet?

This negro gets it.

Just don't use it. Works with vices like tobacco and drinking too.

Once you know there are addictive things around you, you can make the predecision of not to engage with them. Of course if you are already addicted it's more difficult. At least you know better to not get into even more stuff. Recently there has been a build up of collective knowledge of how addictive these things are.

yeah, the trick is to be old and cynical and then none of that shit is appealing.
cell phones are just shitty little computers whose sole purpose is to get you to buy access to embedded web browsers ("apps"). to say nothing of the games which are just slot machines for children.
every other social media site drove me away with its blatant leftist politics.

Same way I feel about faggots who want to regulate McDonald’s for making cheap food that is “addicting”... kill yourselves

I'm hooked on Titanium Backup. Send help.

I want to make an addictive language learning app. At least then all you autists will be speaking Chinese or some shit instead of growing fake dinosaurs.

How would I make it addictive?

Maybe for shitty mobile games. We should most certainly regulate lootboxes as gambling.
>outlawing heroin also hurts the heroin market
Kek, no it didn't. Bad analogy.

ellio

just tried to register on facebook, thats sucks. They need my photo and documents. Does it safe to trust them, or should I have to send photo of my dick there?

Definiteli DickPic

i'm addicted to Jow Forums and therefore more retarded than the average normalperson

Attached: 1535643853165.jpg (657x527, 41K)

Thats maybe looks funny, but I am really angry for that facebook spying. I wrote that:
chng.it/xy7QYjjwDk
What did you think?

I don't have time to elaborate, I need to keep trying to get the new fortnite umbrella

Ironically, I find most of that stuff to lack substance, and lose interest rapidly. If somebody wants to hook me on something, it has to bleed evidence that the devs love their program.

>all games are built on this
You mean all trash games. There are wonderful games out there that do it like they did in the 90s, where you get a whole, excellent game. Some devs even keep adding stuff for no extra cost. Look at Terraria for example. That game has been getting content from the day it released, and it's still coming after 8 fucking years.

I think you have to craft it for specific language to make it actually good. Duolingo has a steak feature which keeps you using it every day because you don't want to lose your streak in front of your friends. Overall I guess it's a decent app but at some point you start to understand that this really isn't the way to learn a language, and at that point the addictiveness doesn't save you.

Doesn't work on me.
I hate MMOs and games like that. I only play story-driven and logic/programming games. Rarely some competitive/skillbased but I hate increasing numbers next to pictures.
I only once done gambling when I had nothing to do with my bitcoins. Never felt any urge to do it again.
I don't see any reason to use social media.
The only apps I have on my smartphone are utilities. I hate mobile games.

They should try harder.

Attached: 400.jpg (409x400, 88K)

The fall of the west came with no resistance, no opposition, no bloodshed,, but through Chinese trinkets and filipino cartoons.

>says the guy who is here forever

200% correct. You need to be careful what you put in your brain. It will never leave you and it always affects you despite what anyone says.

It is much more insidious than you may ever realize.

It literally is.

Attached: shiiiiet.jpg (1242x1275, 250K)

>I have spent 20K+ hours of my life gaming.

I had way more than that just in one Minecraft map before quitting all gaming.

Attached: 1508591503681.jpg (1000x645, 665K)

hypnosis only affects people who want to be hypnotized.
if you "brainwash" yourself, it's a pre-existing condition.

>tfw spend 3k hours playing Gmod doing nothing but programming
>learned so much I got CS degree and good job easily
This is the best out of both worlds.

> not giving your kid access to apps, social media and games

Do you want him or be a social outcast? This is how school shooters are made.

>pic related
I really need to get my act together.