Imagine not using Arch

>imagine not using Arch

Attached: arch-install-feat.jpg (800x400, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/software/guix/
bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/malware-found-in-arch-linux-aur-package-repository/
ftp.se.debian.org/debian
anarchylinux.org/download/
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xinit#Autostart_X_at_login
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

imagine greentexting improperly

check these digits

Done.

That was easy. whew.

>done

I literally posted this with Arg Linugs

Attached: spurdo-arg-linugs.png (512x512, 51K)

I don't think I can, sorry.

Install gentoo

I don't have to imagine.

okay but who was

Imagine your gay ass going back to plebbit.

But i use Manjaro opie

Is it actually hard using Arch or is it more of a meme? I'm new to loonix and am not adept at it yet.

Attached: image.jpg (1484x1094, 422K)

Okay.

Attached: 1551845248301.png (201x250, 5K)

>I am new to loonix
if you can't find answers yourself, don't use linux
install windows

Do you have competent reading skills in english? Are you capable of following directions? Are you capable of making a quick search on a wiki? Then follow the arch wiki to install it and you're good to go.

start with antergos then go with arch

Why use Arch when I can use Debian?

AUR

ARCHTODDLERS BTFO!

>using debian

Attached: ian.jpg (200x300, 8K)

gnu.org/software/guix/

inferior to AUR

>systemd
>b-b-b-but you can remove it!
why not just use gentoo you fucking retard

cringe & bluepilled
bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/malware-found-in-arch-linux-aur-package-repository/

>systemd bad

get off Jow Forums, luke

arch is best distro

Attached: 1558072401772.png (716x394, 176K)

Please, neck yourself already. Nobody likes you.

runescape bot looking ass

edgy

Attached: 1533001543850.jpg (400x400, 20K)

I'm just trying to be honest. Thank you.

Debian doesn't even have support for AMDGPU, It isn't meant for desktops, why not use a real distro like fedora?

Shut the fuck up dude, we all start from somewhere, you don't have to be a dick acting like you know everything. The man was just asking for help, and I'm sure when you started Linux you asked for help too

look at this dude

Attached: hidethreads.png (1461x892, 115K)

Czecht

Not very hard to imagine, as I am in fact using Debian.

>Debian doesn't even have support for AMDGPU
wat.
$ apt-cache policy xserver-xorg-video-amdgpu
xserver-xorg-video-amdgpu:
Installed: 1.2.0-1+b1
Candidate: 1.2.0-1+b1
Version table:
19.0.1-1 99
99 ftp.se.debian.org/debian unstable/main amd64 Packages
*** 1.2.0-1+b1 500
500 ftp.se.debian.org/debian stretch/main amd64 Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

It's easy as fuck. The installation may be hard for beginners but after that it's on cruise control.

maybe start out with anarchy linux, its a CLI installer for Arch, as setting up an install can be a bit tricky for beginners
anarchylinux.org/download/
after that its pretty easy, its low maintenance, just check the arch homepage before updating and read the wiki on how to manage .pacnew files

pablo?

I'm a linux newbie myself, only started a bit of experimenting with some distros in VMs 2 years ago and more seriously playing with arch for half a year on a laptop. I'm about 50 hours in my current and probably last installation and haven't even installed a web browser. The install isn't even the tip of the iceberg. Configuring everything like terminal, fonts, locales, WMs, init scripts, display managers, services and everything else you've taken for granted all your life takes a shitload of time. You'll spend weeks reading wikis and man pages, , troubeshooting, searching the web and testing out different programs.

you will be a linux god if u use arch for 1 week my dude

No. The installation process is less automatic then most distros but you can just follow a guide. After that you type man pacman to learn the rest of what you need.

People who can't install gentoo, install arch

aur is the main think keeping me on arch. if there were any other repo out there that could compare I would consider switching

funny, aur is the main thing keeping me away from arch. imagine running literal malware lol

the digs dont lie

>imagine not using Fedora

Attached: 1460343799808.png (900x900, 201K)

A world without shit, is a dream come true. Stop getting my hopes up OP.

Attached: 1554874071074.gif (255x480, 2.53M)

Just install a DE like a normal person.

Party at my place.

Attached: 1556293738406.gif (500x195, 918K)

>he doesn't read the pkgbuild
What a stupid nigger.

Attached: 1557986115630.gif (344x203, 3.88M)

damn you're stupid
used my first linux distro ,ubuntu, a month ago without any prior experience
I installed arch yesterday and got it setup in one afternoon with all the programs i need
the things you mentioned take less than an our to configure and it's all in one arch wiki page. Except display managers, please write your own init script. it's literally 3 lines.

A perfect world.

Attached: 1557356626377.gif (177x210, 2.12M)

Attached: gentoo.png (370x492, 80K)

>Except display managers, please write your own init script.
this
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xinit#Autostart_X_at_login

I dont want to use software packages from 2015

don't need to imagine

I want to dualboot arch and win10, but for some reason I can't get arch to work as UEFI.

its looking pretty good, I might trash this install tomorrow. I can't be fucked spending so much time anymore getting basic shit to work

Don't go windows -> arch, unless you have too much time on your hands. Start with something that has a brainless install process (Ubuntu, Debian, Manjaro) and learn shell basics and package manager basics. Then you will have an easier time. And seriously though follow the wiki.

So you installed a DE that did literally everything for you, while you didn't do a single fucking thing yourself, then go around talking like you're hot shit.

Great job. Dunning Kruger would be proud of brainlets like you.

jokes on you i use i3wm
set up the config myself
set up i3blocks myself
set up mpd + ncmpcpp myself
set up my own xorg autostart script
set up bunch of other random scripts plus added some of my old dotfiles from manjaro but most of them were just default

It still took me one afternoon, not your problem being a brainlet

Attached: 2019-05-19-143007_1366x768_scrot.png (1366x768, 559K)

Jesús?

>what are your abilities
>I installed i3 in arch
Drunnin Kruger effect for you. Setting up a workspace in xorg is not an ability retard, that's not the main use of linux stupid kid. It's trivial, you're thinking you're better than someone because of following documentation to something nobody cares about. Fucking idiot

Eat dirt commie

This is a stupid mentality.

Its good if you want to really learn in depth

The fact that you even need a guide to install it tells you everything. It is for special snowflakes that want everything to be harder to feel good because only plebs use tools that are self explanatory.

Not to be that gatekeeping faggot, but nothing you described requires any thought beyond googling and copy+pasting a snippet from somebody else.

I woke up this morning, my Void box was whirring happily. I used it a bit, just to tell it good morning. The Void laptop was sleeping in the living room, didn't want to disturb him, he works really hard.
Enter the Void.

Attached: file.png (250x206, 12K)