Google cuts off Huawei's access to Android to comply with Trump order

Existing Huawei devices will no longer receive Android OS updates

Attached: Screenshot_20190519-160033.png (1080x1519, 208K)

>implying any other android devices get updates anyway
huawei will just fork their own os

How many threads do you think we need on this at one time, you phoneposting retard?

Three so that replies are spread out and concentrated discussion can't happen around the issue of NSA/CIA/White House overreaching to protect domestic companies' "right" to continue overcharging for stale products.

but huawei didnt had any phone with android one on it so whats the point?

Why would it lose updates?

it wont google issues only security updates so that every company that wants fork their own to their own version

only the android one gets OTA from google the rest are all based on the company version

fucking based

the rigged "free" market at work, after apple, google, and samsung shit the bed

the funny thing will be in retaliation china bans all apple products from being manufctured and sold

and then just watch how the five eyes becomes four eyes

iTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1538237528677.gif (540x540, 279K)

Android phone manufacturers get Android sources with proprietary bits integrated straight from Google instead of waiting for it to trickle out through AOSP minus all the Play shit. Google also grants patent licenses (both Google's patents and other companies patents that Android uses that were negotiated by Google on behalf of all properly licensed Android phone manufacturers) when you sign up as an Android phone manufacturer. If you are no longer a sanctioned Android phone manufacturer and start using AOSP, you open yourself to lawsuits from third-party patent holders (Amazon negotiated on their own for their Android fork, and patent holders are afraid to sue Amazon since Amazon also holds massive patent portfolio they can use to countersue over something else).

we have already discussed this shit to death and back
no
no
and no
the framework is the only propiertary shit in android
remove that and you can have it as you want
having said that nothing will stop them from using android and paying the google china locally and move the money to macau

just like they do ALWAYS
so again this is just a pr bullshit that in the end it wont affect anymore but the muricans

>paying the google china locally
Foreign subsidiaries of American companies are not allowed to break American laws or government orders. Both the subsidiary and the U.S.-based parent can get punished by U.S. prosecutors.

>four eyes
>not fore eyes
You had one job, ONE!

it's not like devices ever get updated android from google anyways. carriers all roll their own

I would unironically buy a Huawei if they shipped phones with a real Linux distro

As an American, nothing makes me harder than seeing a government who promotes freedom trying to curve the very same freedom it likes to boast about. I'm buying Huawei because I'm told not to do it.

>loving chinks

if history has shown us anything is that we do this shit based on falsehoods, but I hated chink long before this fact, and I support Trump for this, no matter how wrong this move is, and we will probably be the bad guys 50years from now, for false information, and pushing the chinks to make our myth reality by paving the only way for them to be our myth.

It is the modus operandi of the USA. Create a lie about your enemy, force your enemy to make that falsehood into a reality.

But user, how can the US spy on all of us if Huawei won't let them backdoor their communications equipment like Cisco does?

Attached: Screenshot_20190520_001548.jpg (1080x1009, 216K)

based, fuck whyway and fuck chinese people

Generals are for faggots.
get fucked nigger

baste

>doesn't know what a general is

>wants people to condense everything into neatly organized threads
>somehow these aren't generals because LARPing as a semantic lawyer
How about you go and condense your faggotry into another thread so that I can filter it out?

A general's a consistent thread with a name and generally a searchable initialism (such as sqt), he's just saying not to create duplicate threads. Using an existing thread over killing a thread to create a thread about a topic that already exists is not the same as using a general, you fucking dolt.

Ahahaha, Huawei btfod

Attached: chris-wong-chiang-kai-shek-colour-2.jpg (400x564, 57K)

based huawei 80000 r&d team is going to degoogle android

Based Huawei unGoogled

>“Huawei will only be able to use the public version of Android and will not be able to get access to proprietary apps and services from Google,” the source said.
hold on that sounds great though