Why did they get rid of the Recents button on the navigation bar? Is an empty spot any better?

Why did they get rid of the Recents button on the navigation bar? Is an empty spot any better?

Attached: android_pie_gesture_navigation_2.jpg (2500x1250, 186K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=79497481&postcount=3
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it is what you get when you hire soibois, zoomers and pajeets to do your OS.

what will happen to us in future?

Pie's new navbar was an awful idea since it doesn't actually help navigate more easily in large screens. They're still mostly buttons, and they're still in the same position.

There was an option somewhere in my POSP rom to enable it
apparently there are gestures you are suppost to use now that are not communicated to the user at all thats why that button is disabled by default.

google will clone iOS
it's funny how ParanoidAndoid did gesture controls so much better like 5 years ago.

Attached: cm-pie-android.jpg (1000x667, 110K)

I don't know why they added this retarded navigation pill bar but Android Q is bringing iOS clone full screen gestures.

They didn't get rid of it, gestures is something you can toggle on.

Attached: Screenshot_20190520-025717.png (501x1002, 78K)

There is no option for this in my 3a..

the entire point of the pill gesture was to make multitasking easier and it does.
>swipe up recents
>swipe right for last app
>swipe right and hold to scroll and release to select
This makes it easier to multitask between 3 or more apps. Seems superior to having to scroll through cards to find the app you want to return to.

I dunno. Why did they get rid of back buttons? I use that more than any other button on my current phone, but they did it anyway.

Aw, I was thinking about getting a 3a. You can't just use the old navigation bar? Why is it when every phone goes back to the good shit, they leave one or two things out?

>You can't just use the old navigation bar?
That's correct. However, the Android Q beta supposedly has it as one of three navigation options.

Full gesture navigation is finally coming with Android Q. Say what you want about iOS but when I played around with an XR in a store I was immediately convinced that gestures are the way forward. Super intuitive and very fast to use while not obstructing any screen real estate.

You think you want a recents button on your nav bar, but you don't.

Attached: smugkiko.jpg (280x275, 23K)

Why did they get rid of the menu button? Why did they get rid of the search button? Search button was legit useful when combined with a potent home screen/launcher.

forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=79497481&postcount=3

If your phone came with pie, it doesnt have the option to use three button navigation. If your phone upgraded to pie, then gesture navigation is opt-in. Q also has a new third option that gets rid of buttons entirely and has a little bar, very similar to fullscreen iOS devices that is much better IMO.
t.OG Pixel

Attached: android-10-q-hands-on_2.jpg (1500x1000, 131K)

Welcome to 2009, Andreets!

Attached: Palm_Pre.jpg (1200x1600, 350K)

excellence

Fuckkkkk I miss that phone.

Tried the Q beta, the gestures are wonky as fuck and the animations don't feel nearly as fluid as iOS gestures.
It's what I'd expect from a low budget Chinese OEM (copying Apple poorly), not a major software company like Google.