AHAHAHAHAHA, OH NEINEINEINEINEINEINEINEIN

wccftech.com/gigabyte-bios-update-pcie-4-am4-motherboards-amd-ryzen-3000-cpus/

Inturd is LITERALLY dead-in-the-water now.

Attached: 1557603098118.jpg (3638x960, 382K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.com/news/intel-amd-mitigations-performance-impact,39381.html
youtu.be/-VSlqZbmDb4
techpowerup.com/255597/ballistix-dram-crushes-world-ddr4-overclocking-record-at-5726mt-s
techpowerup.com/255724/xpg-retains-top-spot-by-overclocking-spectrix-d60g-to-5738mt-s
wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-3000-cpus-zen-2-7nm-up-to-5000-mhz-ddr4-memory-support/
techpowerup.com/255405/amd-ryzen-3000-zen-2-a-memory-oc-beast-ddr4-5000-possible
guru3d.com/news-story/ryzen-3000-processors-could-very-well-support-5000-mhz-ddr4-memory.html
techradar.com/news/ryzen-3000-series-cpus-may-support-even-faster-memory-at-5000mhz
techspot.com/news/80051-amd-ryzen-3000-series-memory-controller-can-overclock.html
hardforum.com/threads/ryzen-3000-will-have-ddr4-5000-mhz-support.1981542/
youtube.com/watch?v=il5Zl3vGvVw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That's pretty neat-o. OP is still a fag tho.

Attached: 1545772870574.png (549x413, 90K)

so why is x570 a thing again?

K

Attached: 0_Aussie-mum-shocked-to-discover-KKK-toy-inside-sons-Kinder-Surprise-Egg.jpg (615x820, 57K)

Accurate.

More lanes, better endurance/power envelope (higher quality caps even on B series, better wiring), higher RAM speed support (up to 5000MHz, which is Infinity Fabric gen1's own limit, but they're already working on IF Mark II for Zen 3/3+, so...yeah), more features.

Meanwhile, in neighboring news:
tomshardware.com/news/intel-amd-mitigations-performance-impact,39381.html
>AMD's processors are immune to the latest round of vulnerabilities, and its users also don't need to turn off Simultaneous Multi-Threading (or SMT), because AMD processors do not have any known security faults when SMT is enabled.
And that's a very ill-known pro-Inturd anything heavy shiller site (only rival that of PcPoo), to the boot. If even THEY cannot deny the truth that is Inturd essentially completely dying out, then nobody can.

Attached: 1533901898627.jpg (401x245, 86K)

I made the OP image

'em

Attached: 1551984423587.jpg (960x739, 78K)

They might be immune to spectre but they're not immune to AMDs own driver team

Attached: 1547943613865.gif (176x144, 1.73M)

based

you don't need drivers for cpu, retard
don't forget to kys

You stuck in 2012? nvidia shits the fucking bed with their drivers now. And you don't need drivers for a CPU dummy.

Attached: 1521607021250.jpg (1024x588, 488K)

This site has become a fucking horror to visit now.
Thanks Jow Forums for ruining it for me time and time again.
Literal fucking AMD shills every fucking day.

>it's nothing goy stop talking about it
Eat shit kike

emulation runs 10x worse on amd

INTEL IS FINISHED AND POZZED AND GARBAGED AND HOUSEFIRED AND 14nm++++++++++++++ED PER SECULUM SECULORUM

AMD is inherently an anti-semitic company and as such should be banned from the market.

You mad, Intel shill? Enjoy losing your job.

still ONE SLOT ONLY

you cant even get full speed from 2 NVMes cause only one m2 is connected to CPU, the other one operates via chipset with ~10-15% speed loss or even worse at some unfavorable scenarios (not that in matters for most users but still)
youtu.be/-VSlqZbmDb4

Attached: 819c36320N48PPM.png (1106x609, 280K)

oyyy veeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyy

I'm sure all the 17 people that care have intel and nvidia already.

Intel pozzed shills are literal AIDS.

IF in anything Zen2/Navi is gen2.

Ooof

Attached: unknown.png (406x367, 53K)

Why do all the mobos seem to have fans on the NB?

Is it for the 16core/32t 3000? Im starting to assume it wont be backwards compatible with b/x450

Attached: msi-mpg-x570-gaming-pro-carbon-wifi.png (717x850, 1.08M)

it's true.
as one of the 17 people that care i chose an intel for emulating.
as soon as i leave my current job though, i won't care and they'll only have 16 people that care.
AMD here i come...

obviously cause the chipset is hot af and needs active cooling, they had trouble getting it to run at real pci4 speeds

of consoles? they are working on good multicore support and hoping zen2 singlecore will see an improvement too

How is it there, in 2012?

PCIe gen 4 and better memory support makes the chipset run hotter presumably

KEK even with the iops cut, intel is still faster
I really fell for the poozen meme :(

|
|>
|
|
|

Attached: AYF.jpg (500x375, 41K)

No, Infinity Fabric gen1 had a 5000MHz RAM throughput limitation since day-one and that's what being used in gen1 Zen, Zen+, and Zen 2 also. Gen2 Infinity Fabric will only start with Zen 2+/3/3+ and further.

>5000mhz ddr4
No you fucking idiot.
Ryzen has software for 5,000mhz ram, but you can't even get 4,000mhz ram to work on ryzen.
Intel has support for 8,000mhz ddr4 btw.
But anything above 4000mhz ram is retarded hard to get running. And above 5K is basically impossible.

solution: stop sucking at writing emulators.

The jewish ascii is broken just like their security

Buildzoid said pci-e 4.0 on x570 runs stupid hot.
The TDP of the chipset was apparently tripled

Doubled from 7w~ to 15w~. pcie 4.0 retimers are the cause.

No RAM runs at 5000MHz, retard. The correct unit would be MT/s.

>you can't even get 4,000mhz ram to work on ryzen
This is gen1's and Zen+'s motherboards limitations, NOT CPU's itself, you piece of dumb shit. Infinity Fabric could do 5000MHz right from the very start, it was motherboards which couldn't handle/"support" such frequencies. With Zen 2 we'll get much closer to it, because motherboards now will be more than capable of handling it.

Kys.

>No RAM runs at 5000MHz
techpowerup.com/255597/ballistix-dram-crushes-world-ddr4-overclocking-record-at-5726mt-s

techpowerup.com/255724/xpg-retains-top-spot-by-overclocking-spectrix-d60g-to-5738mt-s

No, ryzen's memory controller is the bottleneck, not the Mobo.
AMD added 5000mhz support because AMD fans are retarded and like big numbers.

World records don't count you retard.
If an average user can't get the rated speed with some tweaks, it's meaningless.

Lots of people are running 4000MHz on Ryzen. Even if 5000MHz isn't realistically achievable, a 4000MHz limit is dumb.

>ryzen's memory controller is the bottleneck
Again, you idiot - IF has a limit of 5niggerhertz since first day. It's solely ONLY motherboards which couldn't handle such RAM thus far. And it' PROVEN by the FACT that gen1 Zen's minimal spec was at 2133MHz, while in the mere Zen+ ALREADY it was increased to 2933MHz, with 3600 being the maximum of what a motherboard could handle. CONTROLLER IS SAME IN BOTH. And minimal spec of Zen 2 is 3200MHz, with it able to go all the way up to 4800MHz BECAUSE MOTHERBOARDS WOULD ALLOW IT NOW.

Supporting a company that makes deals with China.

Attached: AYF.png (500x375, 1.07M)

No they aren't.
Stop lying
I'm willing to bet 99% of ryzen users are below 3500mhz ddr4.

You have a very basic understanding of infinity fabric.
Anyways, you won't be running 5,000mhz ram on zen 2.
You also won't get that 5.0ghz 16 core you fags keep hyping up past reasonable expectations.

>you won't be running 5,000mhz ram on zen 2
I've clearly said Zen 2 will be up to 4800MHz, not 5niggahurtz, you dumb shit.

>You also won't get that 5.0ghz on 16 cores
Nobody ever stated/claimed that, you piece of dumb shit. Even if 16 core 3800/3850X manages to just do stable 4.4GHz on all cores, that will be more than enough to utterly BTFO everything that Inturd shitted on the market up to this day. And, according to latest info flying around, 16 Zen 2 is definitely able to at the very least 4.2GHz on all cores, so 4.4 is not an unreachable point at all. No one ever said that 16 core Zen 2 should have or will be 5GHz.

Guess it's time to kill yourself, huh?

Attached: 4000mhz RAM.jpg (594x767, 104K)

HOW in the flying fucks? I thought Zen+'s mobos can't handle more than 3600. Is this LN2?

No they officially support up to 4000.

"Supporting" and "able to handle" are not same things.

according to 3d mark, that guy has the ONLY Ryzen chip running with 4000mhz ddr4.
he also has an all core of 4.6ghz at 1.56V.
that setup is gonna die with 6-8 months or less.
he also got higher scores at 3600mhz

zen 2 wont be running 5,000ghz ram.
you should research your sources before posting gay-boy

>"Supporting" and "able to handle" are not same things.
yep, as i stated before.
Intel even has "support" for 8,000mhz ram but we'll never see that until ddr5 or 6

>zen 2 wont be running 5,000ghz ram
Again, you DUMB cocksucking shit - NO ONE EVER SAID IT WILL. There will be no such RAM selling when Zen 2 comes out. Max for consumers is 4800 kits.

>NO ONE EVER SAID IT WILL
except every stupid AMD drone who thinks they can.
every news outlet was spamming it non stop last week.

NO ONE EVER SAID THAT, YOU COCKSUCKING IMBECILE. People were only saying that IF supports up to 5000MHz, but NO ONE said there will be such RAM available for purchase.

wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-3000-cpus-zen-2-7nm-up-to-5000-mhz-ddr4-memory-support/

techpowerup.com/255405/amd-ryzen-3000-zen-2-a-memory-oc-beast-ddr4-5000-possible

guru3d.com/news-story/ryzen-3000-processors-could-very-well-support-5000-mhz-ddr4-memory.html

techradar.com/news/ryzen-3000-series-cpus-may-support-even-faster-memory-at-5000mhz

techspot.com/news/80051-amd-ryzen-3000-series-memory-controller-can-overclock.html

hardforum.com/threads/ryzen-3000-will-have-ddr4-5000-mhz-support.1981542/

And you CLEARLY didn't read jack shit beyond the titles, you dirty limp nigger dick-sucking MORON. There's not even one (NOT EVEN ONE) outlet or source out there which would blatantly state that there will be 5000MHz RAM kit for Zen 2 or that they WILL work on Zen 2.

2700x + Vega here, that's bullshit. It is worse for sure, but 10x times? kek

oy vei this is anudda shoah won't someone stop those anti semit chinks

>zen 2 wont be running 5,000ghz ram.
I said myself it wouldn't be, you dumb shill.
But currently the limit is lower than you can possibly run. 4400 or 4600 with looser timings is surely possible when 4000CL14 is possible. 4000CL14 is retarded fast.
>3dmark
yeah because everyone runs that with a registered copy

>a socket/mobo change a year, keeps Jow Forumsoyim in fear

Attached: 1552710614062.jpg (2048x1536, 185K)

can't wait for dram slapped on top of the zen dies with Zen 3

Attached: 1553962385719.png (402x451, 167K)

That won't be a thing until Zen 4.
Zen 3 will be different. 4-way SMT per core.

That's not confirmed yet, but it seems likely.

wait, how? So there are no physical differences at all for pci 3.0 and 4.0 lanes? And only the protocol and the cpu end point?

Pretty much 98.82% confirmed:
youtube.com/watch?v=il5Zl3vGvVw

Exactly. The difference is only on software level between 3.0 and 4.0, the actual physical difference will be only in 5.0 and from there on.

damn, that's pretty based.
mama Lisa postponing a no-brainer programmed obsolescence for gud gurl points.

AMD been good at backwards and forwards compatibility for years, way before Lisa came onto the scene.

pci 4.0 should be a pretty decent selling point for the newer chipsets. Abandoning this one in favor of gud girl points is a lot more more valuable than straight socket compatibility. It's also justifiable, I wouldn't think about the peculiarities or differences between pci 3.0 and 4.0 I would've assumed they were physically laid out differently and i'm absolutely i would have never questioned if they could be made to work on a simple protocol/firmware update. I'm very impressed with this. And baffled really. Also, I'm on a crosshair hero x470, so i'm also quite happy

>Also, I'm on a crosshair hero x470
What's more impressive to me personally, is that they've managed to add this even to B450. And, highly likely, 3xx series, if only X370, might have same treatment too, sometime in the near future.

>AMD X570 overcomes the greatest shortcoming of the previous-generation X470 "Promontory" chipset - downstream PCIe connectivity. The X570 chipset appears to put out 16 downstream PCI-Express gen 4.0 lanes. Two of these are allocated to two M.2 slots with x4 wiring, each, and the rest as x1 links. From these links, three are put out as x1 slots, one lane drives an ASMedia ASM1143 controller (takes in one gen 3.0 x1 and puts out two 10 Gbps USB 3.x gen 2 ports); one lane driving the board's onboard 1 GbE controller (choices include Killer E2500 or Intel i211-AT or even Realtek 2.5G); and one lane towards an 802.11ax WLAN card such as the Intel "Cyclone Peak." Other southbridge connectivity includes a 6-port SATA 6 Gbps RAID controller, four 5 Gbps USB 3.x gen 1 ports, and four USB 2.0/1.1 ports.

>24 4.0 pci lanes

tpu sauce

Attached: syRBzDMVv28opTuB.jpg (980x1017, 154K)

oh yeah. That's fair. Even if they did this only for the x470 and left the cheapoer 450 chipset out of it, just because, lol poorfags, I still think not many would bitch about it and still think it was perfectly reasonable ans justifiable. I'm talking about something that hurts them economically in allowing us into, I for sure won't be upgrading my mobo, and i'm pretty certain there wouldn't ever be any demerit or backlash from keeping it under wraps. Being omissive could've been very profitable for them in this case.

>youtube.com/watch?v=il5Zl3vGvVw
Ah I remember this guy. He posts waaay too many videos on such a niche topic, though.
He doesn't have insider information really, he is just really hardware savvy and the way he'd do things are the same way engineers often would. Anyone technically savvy can make these sort of guesses. I'm a little less knowledgable than him but I've predicted a shitton the past 2 years.

I'm most excited about the built in consistent audio (even if it's Realtek) as some boards have trash audio, Killer LAN, and 12 USB between the SoC and PCH.

I don't know what I'd do with 24 lanes of PCIe 4.0 when most people don't use more than the equivalent to like x6 (x12 of 3.0)

>(higher quality caps even on B series, better wiring)
You have no idea what you're talking about. There are goddamn B350 boards that use Nichicon 12K-rated caps that are literally the best you can put on a motherboard. 500 series boards aren't going to all be magically better than what's gone before. High end X370 and X470 boards will still have better VRMs than low end X570 and B550 ones. Not that there were many good 300 series boards, but the Crosshair VI and Taichi at least will be fine. I wouldn't be surprised if the Crosshair VIII's VRM was worse than the VII's either going by Asus' Z390 boards, which were trash and had reduced phase counts. The X470 Gaming 7 also had just about as good a VRM as you can put on a motherboard and is unlikely to be bettered.
>higher RAM speed support (up to 5000MHz
You're delusional if you think Zen 2 is getting anywhere near that speed. 1usmus and others have said that either 3600 or 3866 will become the new standard speed with Zen 2 when using decent B-die, with anything above that becoming difficult.

24 is only from the CPU, to power 1~2 GPUs and at least 1 x4 NVMe SSD. There's also ASMedia on the mobo, for other shit.

>something that hurts them economically
There's no gurting whatsoever, because even gen1 Zen's yields were in a 70+% territory, and with Zen+ they've improved that to above 90% already. And according to latest reports/info, even gen1 TSMC's 7nm already has a PERFECT yield rate of no less than 92%. Meanwhile, in comparison, Inturd's 9xxx have yields lower than 40%.

>low end X570
Autist = the shitposter

>when using decent B-die
B-die is dead, kys, lamer. You literally know nothing and talk out of your ass.

I don't think you understood what I was saying. With this decision they will loose a lot of potential sales for the new Motherboards and their chipsets, straight upgrades. Anecdotal data point: 1, myself.

I wasn't talking about processors, but only the motherboards. The new cpu's actually would compell people to at least look into upgrading more components of their system, just naturally, and they are ditching one of the main selling points for those in favor of backwards compatibility.

*maybe not the main point, that would a bit of an exaggeration, but a compelling one for sure.

>With this decision they will lose a lot of potential sales for the new Motherboards and their chipsets
They won't at all, see . 5xx will still sell like hot cakes, but for reasons different than you think.

>According to Samsung’s most recent Product Guide, the company will EOL its B-die 8 Gb memory chips in Q2 2019. It is not particularly clear when exactly Samsung ceases to make its legendary memory chips, but it looks like it is time for companies like Corsair or G.Skill to stock pile B-die ICs for existing DDR4-4000 and faster kits.

it's eol. what are inventories though?
Just get one before they get inflated to absurd levels. I'm on 32gb (3600mhz) of those, so i'm good for a long while.

The dies will be better than B-die, anyway.

yeah i just want one cus it looks cool

*new dies

So pcie lanes can be upgraded by software and don't need hardware upgrades?

>500 series boards aren't going to all be magically better than what's gone before.
Except for a superior amd designed chipset

VS my crosshair VII: more phases (maybe) better quality components (doubtful, probably on par), Ram speed, (memory controller is in the in the cpu, some other things like a new topology might help, anyway, in the newer motherboards it would only be a marginal improvement at best). More pci lanes (not only that but the chipset itself looks like a decent upgrade -- this is myself but still debatable if necessary, coming from the x470 flagships (crosshair, taichi, gaming 7, etc).

>4000 CL14
How? I have a 3600 CL15 which was hard af to configure

Lanes won't be upgraded, only throughput. Lanes are hard-wired piece and you can't make more of them out of nowhere.

thinking about it again. The pci 4.0 would indeed be one the main selling points. for anyone upgrading from an old flagship to a new one. (Not the only one, mind that please, but the most compelling for sure).

anyway
THANK YOU BASED MAMA LISA

Attached: 1544908429812.jpg (818x693, 91K)

>tfw x370 Taichi
I'll g-get 4.0 r-right?

I don't want to be an i7oddler anymore, and want to come home to AMD's cpus and gpu. I have an i7 4770k, what's a good AMD cpu to match/be better than this? I don't know anything about them.

Would you get butthurt if it didn't? Your mobo is the best x370 that there ever was and it will go on to being a trooper even if you drop in a new zen 2 on her.

be nice to her plis.