Is arch with KDE a bad idea? I'm on gentoo with bspwm right now

Is arch with KDE a bad idea? I'm on gentoo with bspwm right now..

Attached: 1558088913500.jpg (1564x1564, 1.25M)

>Install Funtoo

Only reason I'm looking at arch is for my work laptop.

I'd like to avoid compiling packages on the clock.

PopOS bruh.

It's not a "bad" idea. I wouldn't bother with arch if you're installing KDE anyway. You've got OpenSUSE and Neon with both require only a little setup.

Arch for a work setup is a bad idea if you work with people who don't use arch.
It is inevitable that someone wants you to install some program you need to spend more time getting it to work because dependencies are different and the person doesn't know what you need on arch.
It makes you look stupid if you can't just say yes and do a thing like any other employee.

It's more of a personal machine that I do things only I know how to do.

Main is a windows desktop.

Try Manjaro, it is arch but

>It makes sure your updates don't kill your computer
So it's not true "bleeding edge" but it's almost there, it just makes sure your packages don't kernel panic your system
>Has a nice gui installer
>Automatically installs KDE.

I know I will get hate for "not being smart enough to use arch" but I've done the whole setup from scratch thing before and it's just obnoxious and time consuming.

Best of luck OP :)

which controller is that on the table?

pic related

Attached: 71AbQcRaTNL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x786, 98K)

my man

KDE is bloated as a fucking obese burger wading in the pool.

Stick to Window managers like a professional OP.

>man
I r grill(male) :3

>uninstall penis

Been doing it for a year now, all good, no breakage.

>Pop!_OS
I will never use it just because of that retarded name. I would unironically use an OS with an emoji in it's name before I use one with a fucking underscore...

Godamnit, clean that fucking mirror before taking a picture.

this a dude

I've been using arch with kde for around 10 years. it's pretty comfy. there were some growing pains back when kde did major upgrades back in the day and arch rolled them out too fast but these days I think arch is actually one of the best kde distros, if not the best.

if you want to then go for it, doubt you'll have any issues as long as you update more frequently than every 4 years dude.

That's a man right? post more

GNOME is way better

God I wanna call the Muslims on him so i can enjoy in entertainment as he is stoned half-to-death, set on fire, and thrown off a building.

There was a couple of options for KDE meta package back when I did it. That was the KDE4 era tho.
The big one was pretty heavy.
But you can get pacman to list what the metapackage is pulling in, then paste the obvious neccesary parts along with the parts you want, and let pacman figure out the dependencies. That worked well for me.
I don't recall the command args, exactly. Couple years have passed.
There was also metapackages for KDE games and other categories, too.
And out of the box, arch's kde desktop was as nice as any other distro I've tried it on. And I'll say the same for any other DE I've tried on arch.