Why didnt you take the GNU Guix System Distribution GNU/Linux-Libre pill user?

Do it user.

Attached: serveimage.png (236x214, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ison5002/guix-g
gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/html_node/Invoking-guix-import.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i use Ubuntu Gnome

GNOME is a desktop environment. Why did you mention it? It's irrelevant.

There are people who shill windows and bsd on this board. Why should I take any more seriously than them?

I did it today
NEVER
FUCKING AGAIN
stop shilling this meme distro

Why is the logo a rough drawing of female reproductive system?

But eh, it has a cool name

Actually, it is a minimalist interpretation of the wildebeest.

Represents a vagina/ovary that the tranny users want but will never have

Why not NixOS?

my atheros card doesn't work despite it working on every other fsf distro. besides I can't live with only free software

>not hyperbola

I've done it. I Can't seem to startx.

I installed it a couple of weeks ago. It was interesting watchng it compile stuff during the installation. Took 10x longer to install than the other distros, though. And, for all that, like the above post, couldn't getting past the login screen. Gave up after messing with the terminal a bit. I may come back to it, but there's so many distros to try.

Too many infancy level bugs, I don't have the time nor the machine to fix them and compile icecat and chromium on and on again. Had it for three weeks and retreated to Debian.

i'm waiting the out-of-box fork with fancy d.e.

Why?

Because libre hardware is too expensive in my country. Need cheap and mass produced libre laptop. Doesnt have to be powerful.

This

How do I do a minimal guix installation?

You can add non-free repos. It's completely modifiable.

>retreated to Debian
>uses Debian in 2019

I surely can't be the only one who thinks that logo looks like Ovaries.

>besides I can't live with only free software
why are you even on linux? what nonfree software even runs on linux?

I posted this already in /fglt/, but I figured I should do it here too in case someone doesn't check those threads.

I've uploaded a non-free repo for Guix here: github.com/ison5002/guix-g
From this repo you can install the normal Linux kernel with full proprietary blobs, and proprietary firmware. This will make your laptop's wifi work out of the box.

It also includes some other random packages that aren't in the default Guix repo.
I hope others who make packages for Guix and don't think they deserve (or should) be contributed to the official Guix project can send their packages here for all of us to use.

Attached: GuixSuikaDistribution.png (1212x1374, 1005K)

Well there's probably like six people on here who have actually had sex so

My guess is you spend too much time being an activist that your brain is filled to the brim with the very thing you hate. Don't let them in.
I suggest you take a break once in a while.

You should probably take the same advice. But I'll have sex with you if you can't get it off your mind

Attached: foryourhealth.jpg (320x218, 35K)

because gentoo works perfectly fine

I tried to. It didn't work with things I am not going to just give up. It won't even install to an LVM disk configuration

it's overrated. I wish I could go back to being a virgin. Having regular sex for years, then being single and alone is worse than just being single and alone forever. Sex is just another drug. Having a wife and children is a different story though. Who cares about the sex, building a family is what matters, and it probably won't happen as long as you're fucking for fun.

Cute Suika

Attached: a2da93cbb28f149e607ff233badaf1d5.jpg (2125x1505, 1.08M)

what went wrong?

Why even ask?
There's a 50% chance he's bullshitting and didn't even try it
A 25% chance he's a n00b who really just shouldn't be using GuixSD anyway
A 25% chance he's an entitled child who didn't even take 1min to search for answers to his problem before deciding that he "hates thing"

So to summarize 50% trolling, 50% shouldn't be using guixsd anyway.

To further summarize: 100% not worth your time

Because I think the Nix expression language is better suited for this type of declarative functional programing and so I use NixOS. But I hear they are similar systems. FYI NixOS is amazing and you need to try it.

This. I cant be fuck with a libre kernel and third world laptop hardwares. Bougousie libre

see

Why not just use the guix package manger in my distro of choice and get the aur for free

Attached: 1558115020966.jpg (618x410, 85K)

someone (im a brainlet) should create a flatpak "translator" (custom flatpak) for guix that actually installs packages like regular guix packages

the advatage here is that you can use flathub/etc seamlessly

Attached: flatpaklogo.jpg (1920x1080, 84K)

No reason. Go for it.

Actually there is. I think it's a new feature, but I can't find the page I was reading now.
It was a big list of other repositories that guix could read and then attempt (although probably not perfectly) to translate into a guix package.
I'll post the link if I can find it again.

>why not systemdisease
>why not blobs in muh kernel

KYS

awesome, yes please

maybe for .deb too

I do this for Debian since guix package manager is just like apt.

I'm too scrub to use GuixSD yet so I manage like this.

Got to love individual user package management and being able to mix unstable/testing packages now!
(shhh don't tell them I created a frankendebian)

There's more to a distro than its package manager

Found it.
gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/html_node/Invoking-guix-import.html

Doesn't look like it has flatpacks though, but at least it looks like they're working on these sorts of translations.
Flatpack could be on this list one day I suppose

Also there's nothing stopping anyone from just writing a script to do this, even outside of guix.
I actually used Nix before switching to Guix and I think they had a some community made tools like that.

Cool beans

based