This sexy bitch turns Linux into a micro kernel when

This sexy bitch turns Linux into a micro kernel when

Attached: 1024025.jpg (460x460, 28K)

Microkernel is slow though, especially now that we know fixes for speculative side channel attacks more than quadruples context switch time

Attached: 1558370245818.png (600x389, 24K)

>This sexy bitch turns Linux into a micro kernel when
When somehow performance no longer matters.

When he hands over the Linux project to a competent developer.

Such as?

Someone smart enough to not work for free.

>micro kernel
that's a meme nobody would really use a 100% micro kernel
everybody moves the system clock into kernel space otherwise every call to chrono::time::now() would take 4 .. fucking FOUR context switches.
therefore micro kernels are a meme

they are the one extreme, opposite to monolithic kernels.

monolithic kernels are meme too
if there are parts of kernel space the can be dumped/unloaded/reloaded/restarted without crashing the system or needing a restart chances are very high, that you are not using a monolithic kernel

linux kernels takes the best approach
high performance on hot paths (e.g. clock)
high configurability (kernel virtual machine for e.g. packet filtering)
not pushing EVERYTHING into it (modules)

just deal with it

Linus gets paid by the Linux foundation, a non profit organization

Time=send(time_d, GIMME_TIME);
if(!Time) blah;

2 context switches.

We get threads like this one every time a Jow Forumstard learns a new word.

I wouldn't call reading opinionated articles written by irrelevant NEETs "learning"

>send()
and where do you think `send` is implemented?

Attached: microkernel-contextswitches.png (982x724, 135K)

just recompile your kernel if you "need it" meme-falling retard.
embeded systems use linux fine because they aren't stupid like you op, no need for micropenis kernel

Coraline Ada Ehmke

Attached: coraline.jpg (360x640, 89K)

Linux gets paid by Red Hat

>2019
>Thinking performance matters
Oy gevalt

Some of these performance loss could be mitigated by using batched syscalls. It's that hard to implement on microkernels due to the small number of different calls. For example to get info on file you can bundle open+stat+close calls together, sparing a couple of roundtrips. You can read more on this in the Red Hat patent.

The closest thing to a usable micro-kernel Unix is Dragonfly BSD, which absolutely no one uses.
Micro-kernel is something only researchers care about, because it's elegant. But that's about it.

the Linux kernel is not too big & bloated, and even lighter & faster when you custom build your own leaving out hardware support for thing you dont own, why build all the video modules if you only have one video card, same with audio support, just build the module for your audio, same with networking, remove support for all the hardware you dont have and the Linux kernel is very lightweight and fast, i been rolling my own kernel for years and it is quite snappy

>Implying he doesn't have a net worth of $150 million

he's turning my software into firmware if you know what I mean :^)

And this red haired guy does just the exact opposite to me.

>that's a meme nobody would really use a 100% micro kernel
Wow! Are there STILL people out there who hasn't heard that the ME runs Minix 3, a well known micro kernel based OS? Unbelievable.!

If Tanenbaum wants a Linux microkernel he can write it himself.

The man who single-handedly killed Linux

who is that dumb cunt that looks like a lesbian SJW