How do I learn pic related as an intermediate-advanced programmer?

How do I learn pic related as an intermediate-advanced programmer?
(linux btw)

Attached: serveimage.jpg (900x900, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pyfound.blogspot.com/2019/05/amber-brown-batteries-included-but.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Install Python instead

pythons syntax is ugly af
no ty
i code in C/C++ and Haskell

Use the help function

You don't

Why would anyone ever want to learn this piece of shit language.I used it for an entire year for a job. My advice is stay as far away from it as possible.

pyfound.blogspot.com/2019/05/amber-brown-batteries-included-but.html

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 6.05.37 PM.png (1085x967, 965K)

>pythons syntax is ugly af

Matlab looks identical, but can't do 90% of the things you'd want to do.

1) what you want to do
2) stackexchange
3) do

> calls python's syntax ugly
> praises haskell instead

who dropped you on your head?

Attached: 6456457.jpg (176x176, 9K)

Use Julia instead.

dont

learn linear algebra tricks
learn how to vectorize things
figure out what you want to do with MATLAB because it's quite catered to engineering applications

You don't. Use numpy or GNU Octave if you want to crunch numbers. FORTRAN would even be better. R if you want do to statistics or data science.

>pythons syntax is ugly af
nigger matlab's is even worse wtf

You don't. This

Attached: julia.png (800x541, 25K)

it's very similar to c to some extent
honestly if you are fine with linear algebra and basic complex analysis, you can do most calculations with very clear code in matlab

Learn how to use the toolboxes, is the only reason to use matlab. If at the end you use it as Python, you wasted your time and probably money.

Scipy backend's FORTRAN + it's libraries

>as an intermediate-advanced programmer
If you're so experienced, all you should need is the documentation and some examples to get you started.

It's pretty straightforward with a few exceptions. One major being that indexing starts at 1, not at zero like in all the other programming languages. Search for a tutorial how to use Matlab indexing online. You definitely DON'T want for loops to traverse matrices. And then the library functions you have to look up anyway. Matlab has a builtin system, but if you look online, there's hints and examples.

What's there to learn? I remember using that shit in Biophysics and Image Processing classes. It does not require you to learn any programming/development/design paradigms etc.
It's literally just for coding whatever task you have at hand. I also remember it having a butt ugly syntax.

Also this:
Unless you need SIMULINK there is no reason to use MATLAB.

R is for stats and data science is a dead meme. It's been depricated by python.

Does Scilab's simulink knockoff have a "user defined function" block yet? Years ago lack of it was the only reason I ditched it.

Dunno. Last time I had to use either was in 2014 or so.

Why would you learn a bulge?
God, this place is truly disgusting.