Wireless

Wireless
>Sends signal at the speed of light
>Sends signal in a straight line to the computer

Wired
>Sends signal at 50%-99% the speed of light
>Sends signal through a 3-5 meter long cable hooked into the computer

Attached: Wired-vs-Wireless-Gaming-Mice-TechSiting.png (1298x750, 165K)

>speed of light
3-5 meters of cables
Neck yourself

Wireless is the best. It's really close to wired.

And no more clutter on the desk.

If radio waves don't travel at the speed of light then what speed do they travel at?

At speed of the radio wave.

Its subject to interference while the wire isnt. Now that the iot meme is in full swing it makes even more sense to go wired. Also how are you calculating 50%-99%? When is it 50?

well how many lightyears do you think it takes for the wired signal like 0.000000000000000000000000000001?

Wireless

>have to change batteries every 3 months

I never understood the gaymer mouse meme, unless you play competitive FPS it doesn't matter, I use a shitty wireless Logitech I bought from Walmart. Keyboards are different because most work done on computers is typing

Interference is a non-issue. The signal will still travel at the speed of light, interference will just add noise, possibly making the original signal impossible to decode. But those kinds of problems were solved in the 1940s and 50s.

Attached: 040713_2129_ErrorCorrec9.png (801x310, 35K)

The time of signal transmission is miniscule in both cases, signal reliability and decoding overhead is much more important

>Not using a wireless charging mousepad
lmao

Attached: 71e990-cYcL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 236K)

>Having to connect your MOUSE PAD to your computer

>wireless
convenience

>wired
gaming

I have logitech m150 and it shits out when holding down mouse button over long period of time. It shits out when there's cpu fluctuations. But its very handy when I don't want to game and lasts for 1+ year without battery change.

My shitty $7 "gaming" chinese mouse does quite fine for gaming.

OP eats glue.

Speed of light is 299792458 m/s
assume 5m cable (worst case)
I've heard the speed of light in copper is 1/3 that of a vacuum, so we'll assume that instead of your faster number for worst case scenario

time = distance / speed
time = 5 / (299792458 * 0.33)
time = 0.00000005s

You literally can't tell

>having to connect ANYTHING to your computer
imao what is this 2004?

>2019
>having computer

a cord is going to be shorter than sending a signal in a straight line you fucking idiot. 0/10 bait

BASED RETARD

wheb your polling rate is measured in hz, anything under 1 microsecond of difference from the cable is a non issue

Yeah because wireless receivers don't have to decode anything. From my experience any wireless device lags behind the directly connected one, especially when a lot of data is being transfered, like with video.

Also signals cutting out even on expensive hardware is still a thing.

Wireless
>unsecured signal
>drains batteries
>packet loss all day
>interference over 2.4ghz band
>shitty firmware makes the mouse go to sleep after 10 seconds of inactivity to conserve battery

and before you tell me to use one of those super shitty rechargable Lithium mice...WHAT THE FUCK IS THE POINT IN BUYING A WIRELESS MOUSE IF I NEED TO HOOK IT UP TO MY COMPUTER WITH A FUCKING WIRE?

Attached: 1393808619802.jpg (604x378, 46K)

>WHAT THE FUCK IS THE POINT IN BUYING A WIRELESS MOUSE IF I NEED TO HOOK IT UP TO MY COMPUTER WITH A FUCKING WIRE?
how else are you going to put electricity in it you dumb fuck

>Docking station with wireless Keyboard and mouse.
>Wireless adapter was connected to Laptop by idiot
>Guy is on vacation
>Nobody else can use the workplace

Enjoy your cancer.

The atmosphere is not vacuum m8. Also in 99% of the cases the signal doesn't travel in a straight line, it's not a fucking laser beam.

I used wireless in the past. Never again. Fucking shit dying on you out of nowhere, losing contact, have to replace batteries pretty often. Wired just werks. No problems ever.

The speed of light through air is about 99.97% the speed of light in a vacuum. The first signal to reach the receiver would be a straight line.

Having a wire is just bad. You'd have to be an autist to worry so much about some imagined lag or interference. A wired mouse is literally dragging around extra weight in the form of the wire. And I bet 99% of people with wired mice also occasionally get it caught on something, or their special method of keeping it from getting caught fails sometimes, making wireless infinitely better.

Yeah maybe like 15 years ago but not nowadays. Now it's wireless that 'just works'.

>Not having reflexes quicker than 1/10 millionth of a second
Absolute pleb detected, the state of copper cucks lmao imagine your life
Stay slow, luddide

Doesn't really matter, your brain still has a delay in processing what the eyes see (plus the speed of light) so you will always see stuff that have already happened in the past.

How do you solve that?

>measurable losses and lag are imagined
based retard
>implying imperceptible losses cant add up
another based retard, keep eating up the radio jew

>wireless
have fun using a brick as a mouse

overhead of managing wireless signals can result in slower transfer than a wired transfer

>2049
>not using a quantum computing cerebral inplant device

live in the city? go cord

live in a suburban/rural area? go wireless

>My shitty $7 "gaming" chinese mouse does quite fine for gaming.
Absolutely agreed on this. I bought a 20$ Red Dragon Chinese Mouse and it performs fucking amazing if not better than any 70$ gaming mouse.