Net worth of $150 milliion

>net worth of $150 milliion
>software is literally free
how did he do it, Jow Forums?

Attached: linux_sebastian.jpg (624x351, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0rL-0LAy04E
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish-speaking_population_of_Finland
gatesfoundation.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

got in at the right time and weaponized autists

I'll give you a hint.
He's got a sore butt

Free software is free as in freedom, not gratis
u never heard the fat beared man talk before?

File name is advertising.
You have been told before about doing this.

Attached: no_fun_allowed.png (512x512, 361K)

He made it so good that companies started funding the project to make sure it keeps on going. If you're excellent at something the money will come. I especially like his case, he's his own boss and doesn't have to trick people and is still successful.

>net worth
ok

Red Hat gave him a ton of stock for free as a gift.

Very carefully

he gets 10mil a year holy shit

>how did he do it, Jow Forums?
The software is free. The support isn't. Have fun.

Attached: 1214956340471.jpg (490x560, 39K)

t.Mongo DB shill

w2c that jersey

thefaggotstore

are you the owner?

wut. can someone explain?

Damn Linux aged after that yt roast..

Is he still looking after the 5.2 kernel? I need my GPU mali upstreamed

Because Jew?
Are you people this retarded to not connect the dots?

Attached: 1545475044587.jpg (690x720, 77K)

*ahem*

learned to code and coded instead of wasting his fucking life away on Jow Forums pretending he could code and telling other people they suck at coding.

>projection: the post

Doesn't he also do consulting?

>projection: the distro

I can see it now

World's richest Finn. Bow and worship him.

He's done a lot of shit, actually. At one point he had a job at Transmeta helping build a competitor to Intel and AMD. (it didn't pan out)

Charges for support?

he's swdish

kek

No he isn't, he's finnish but speaks swedish as his native language (can still speak finnish as well). Swedish-speaking Finn hasn't necessarily ever walked on swedish soil.

by your logic any nigger that walks enters sweden is swedish then

but everyone who enters sweden is swedish

Announcing staff status is against the rules. Your IP has been recorded and you have been warned. Return to your duties as janitor

By my logic only when they were born in that country. See how it works?

>World's richest Finn
lol

He works for a company, and accepted grants.
>his softeare is available for free, but his time is not
$150 is a far cry away from what people who sold software is worth bye.

From sitting too much?

Swedish speakers have been in Finland for centuries, they have their own political party, schools, Linus even went to a Swedish-speaking university:

youtu.be/0rL-0LAy04E

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish-speaking_population_of_Finland

Look at me.
I am Swedish now.

Attached: river.jpg (230x150, 5K)

fpbp

>how did he do it, Jow Forums?
Developed the most used OS Kernel AND the most used version control system in the world.

>net worth of $100.5 billion
>software ISN'T free
hmm...

Attached: .jpg (620x432, 45K)

No shit idiot. Nice of you to not mention how it has set humanity back at least 20 years.

*ahem*
gatesfoundation.org/

But Linux was litteral garbage. The only reason people used it was because it was free, and then built on it/made it better. He's not an exceptional programmer by any means and gets mogged hardcore by the neckbeards of Bell's Lab

Attached: chloe_and_me.jpg (1024x814, 211K)

Buying redemption with the money he stole from you.

Money from NSA for adding spyware to the Kernel.

What the hell are you even talking about? He has, still is, and will be in the future performing as the gatekeeper for his project. Even if other people contribute to it, he decides which code is good enough. He absolutely is a good programmer.

>But Linux was litteral garbage
And your opinion matters because? Let's see some credentials

That makes him at most a good project manager. Keeping Jews and trannies out makes you based, but not necessarily a good programmer. I mean do you really think freax was on par with what the greatest minds of AT&T were working on?

Have sex.

>Le "I'd like to see you do better" meme argument.
I bet you say windows is shit on a daily basis yet you couldn't program your way out of recursive fizzbuzz.

Have sex

Attached: YYyi7he.jpg (1008x1074, 45K)

>What's that, you'd like me to come talk at your function about my software? That'll be $100,000 thanks.

back to your cagie, jannie

>Linux Sebastian - the creator of Linux
I don't see a problem.

Okay so you're just some anonymous larper, nobody should have the misfortune of reading your opinions, kill yourself

Start disproving my points anytime, incel.
Did I mention you should have sex?

Honestly, probably this.

What points? You called Linux garbage and yet you refuse to back it up with any credentials, you're an unqualified /v/ermin

Why do I need credentials to State the obvious? My dad was forced to use Linux back in the 90s at his job, and everyone complained how much shittier it was than the Unix stuff they had, except they didn't have to pay thousands of dollars for a license.
If you think a fin student came up with an amazing product by following tutorials and copying MINIX, an educational kernel, you're retarded

The linux foundation is paying his ass
Microsoft is part of the linux foundation

>basing your opinion on what an irrelevant wagecuck said two decades ago
Hahaha what a fucking waste of time, I know I shouldn't have taken the bait, by the way, a majority of Linux users uses Torvalds' version, your opinion of him, on the other hand, is worthless

created some software
vs gates who did nothing

Did I ever say anything about Linux now? Linux of now has nothing to do with Linux of then. Now it's good, but only because everything was replaced. Linux being good in 2019 doesn't show that Linus is a good programmer, it shows that IBM, Intel, Microsoft and NEETs are. Linux 0.01 being utter shit is proof that Linus is a hack.

Once again, Linus "managing" what gets merged is important but doesn't mean he'd be able to come up with the code in the first part.

h a v e s e x

Stop embarrassing yourself, you're completely oblivious as to how the kernel community works and here you are acting like a little bitch on a high horse with a sandpaper dildo up your ass, you're a nobody, Linus is a multimillionaire programmer working on free software

he's a better programmer than you.

>yet another argument from authority fallacy
I'm not saying he's bad, but he's certainly not as good as thousands of no name devs working on the kernel

Answer honestly. Was teen Torvalds better than Richie?

>Was teen Torvalds better than Richie?
Read your own question, slowly, and then realize just how retarded you sound

you have no idea how good he is, to evaluate, like 99% of Jow Forums, because you don't understand what he does.

He was not. Freax was mediocre and only got off the ground because it was free. People then improved it to make it usable. Torvalds himself admits that he wasn't a genius and the only reason Linux got the traction it has is because Loonix is licensed under the GPL.
Richie was the reason why Unix was such a breakthrough, the GPL and devs around the world are the reason Linux is. Torvalds is smart, lucky, knows his kernel extremely well and has a good vision. He is not some kind of God programmer, and there's no reason why he would be.

Read above, and afterwards please proceed to have sex.

the difference between this fucking brat, and torvalds = the difference between edison and marconi

meant tesla, edison and tesla

>pay for something
>they stole from me
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

150 mil is nothing for what he's done. bezos has done literally nothing in comparison and he's worth 150 bil

that film about the tanker hijack was pretty good

does microshit run on the worlds most powerful computers? they haven't even got an OS. gates achieved nothing but brutal, corrupt market domination from his granted position

gates retarded human progress

>Freax was mediocre
Did your grandpa tell you this?

My dad, but also thinking that a master student could come up in a few months with a decent project is preposterous. No amount of fin autism can make you better than the creators of Unix

>all these anons replying to the bait

h a v e
s e x

you offering ?

Thanks for the laugh you fucking clown, also, how's life like worshipping a dead OS? Entertain us

tell us all about the kernel, genius

I'm using Linux you retard. It's the best we got now, but not thanks to a finno-swede fraud.

was amazed to read that windows 10 has edlin in it, and edlin itself runs in a little 16 bit box, within windows 10

what a fking joke

Do you pray to five times a day like the muslims?

a cron job
but not sure how you do a cron for 24/5

i think the collapse of intel, now stems from the collapse in 2015 of their stupendous project, midori (m$), their attempt to get a microkernel.

ev erything around m$ is destructed, decent things everywhere, the nature of a tech annihilating monopoly black hole. run by sales people, thugs - gates was never interested in programming. real programmers, stick around, solve. gates walked away from it, when it became too much of a mess for him to handle.

it still is, it's a huge mess and they can't get away from it (why they 'love linux') .. people who still use github should be ashamed of theirselves

corporations the tech vacuum, m$ has destroyed
intel, nokia

thats just the corporations

>everyone complained how much shittier it was than the Unix stuff they had, except they didn't have to pay thousands of dollars for a license.
you know linux created the kernel, the rest of the Linux OS (as opposed to the kernel) was made by other people...

My dad used it as a kernel, not to rice his i3 config you dumb fuck

As a kernel to which operating system?
Do you know what a kernel is?

Yes, I do know what it is. But you don't know what my did or how level it was.

>you don't know what my did or how level it was.

Attached: trying_to_decipher_your_bullshit.jpg (750x402, 27K)

all of that money goes to diversity

>by your logic any nigger that walks enters sweden is swedish then
That's the logic Sweden uses.

bought stocks early on in Red Hat, worked for decades for the Linux foundation who payed him a ton.
he is an ethnic-swede then :)

Attached: 1557958122800.png (231x300, 88K)