What is your preferred LaTeX editor?

What is your preferred LaTeX editor?

Attached: Screenshot-from-2015-03-18-131122.png (1680x1047, 222K)

Other urls found in this thread:

marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=James-Yu.latex-workshop
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Vim

Microsoft Word

Attached: MathRibbonLaTeXOption.png (702x334, 27K)

I'd use latex more if it wasn't such a pain in the ass to write and take forever to compile. Markdown has better syntax, but trying to use it for PDFs is absolute dogshit.

>and take forever to compile
Did you, by any chance, use miktex on windows and download all packages available?

emacs + whizzytex

install ConTeXt

If i want to start making an introductory programming textbook what latex should i download?

texmaker :--D

Attached: texmaker_top_bg.png (898x547, 172K)

Texstudio was the kindest to me when writing long multi-chapter stuff. Use the subfiles package.

Unironically for most texts Overleaf

Kile

This.

Before Overleaf (former sharelatex): Texmaker & Miktex on Windows.

Emacs with AUCTex

Sublime + Latextools.
I've tried a lot, but nothing gets close to this. The autocompletion is great, especially when dealing A LOT citations and file imports. Also inline equation previews are really to have.

fpbp

>Sublime is $80 now
They're getting cocky.

Emacs+AucTeX.

LyX

Kile is pretty good.
Kate is one of the best editors, so pair it with a decent shell for latex and a separate namespace for autocomplete and snippets is just fine.

If you don't have a bossman to pay for you, just find a key or use it without a lisence. You just have to press Esc once in a while after you save. It becomes a reflex after a while, and you stop noticing it.

Imagine not using Overleaf

>just put a penis cage on
>it becomes natural after a while and you stop noticing it
fuck off

based

Texstudio is pretty nice

Emacs

vscode

>not just paying 80 bucks to get the penis cage removed

emacs + org mode

$80 is a lot for a text editor.

Overleaf is the only valid answer

emacs. The only correct answer.

you'll probably use it more than your penis

vim + entr script + zathura

Attached: bae-dilemma.png (480x480, 69K)

My preferred text editor in general is vim. I learned the basics in conjunction with LaTeX. Though, I don't really have any reason to write raw LaTeX anymore, so in that sense my preferred method of "editing" LaTeX would be pandoc, or TeXML if I need finer control (since I typically work with S1000D data modules).

based.

emacs

VS Code + LaTeX Workshop

marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=James-Yu.latex-workshop

Overleaf for short papers and Texstudio for my thesis and other larger documents.

I`ll give it a try!

>latex is just for equations

What a joke. Citation management in Word is pathetic. Why does the built in manager expect me to type shit in by fucking hand? Why do I have to refresh reference and figure numbers manually? Why are there no float environments for figures? Am I supposed to micromanage all that fucking white space by hand? Why is it so fucking hard to move a figure together with the caption, why isn't this shit in a box by fucking default? Still shits the bed when handling vector graphic formats last time i checked, either every page they appear on becomes slow as fuck or even worse: Word converts them to some low-res bitmap shit.

As much as a pain in the ass Latex is in the beginning, going back to Word is like going back to the stone age.

Word isn't for academic writing, it's for writing letters to grandma. If anything, Markdown is a strong competitor these days. Word can go fuck itself.

Emacs :^ )

Overleaf.
I do everything uni related in it, it's amazing.
Auto saves to server, I can copy stuff instantly, can collab with other students by just sharing the link, pretty great.

Emacs, what else is there?

I actually preferred Sharelatex, but they swallowed that one.

>Overleaf for short papers

Have you tried Markdown (w Pandoc) or Lyx for short papers? Lyx is probably considered heresy in here.

Lyx

These

Not even ashamed to say Overleaf (and ShareLaTeX before they became the same).

Based and redpilled.

Sharelatex

Cringed

You don't need entr for zathura I think, it has autorefresh.

this

Attached: 1555754195980.png (298x390, 157K)

org mode

VS Code

Overleaf because fuck installing those thousands of packages

sublime text + terminus package from which I run pdflatex

Emacs.

he's using entr to compile LaTex, not to refresh zathura