How do you backup your files?

How do you backup your files?

Y-you do have a backup, don'y you?

Attached: extremetech-page-paperback-gif-640x403.gif (640x403, 170K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/restic/).
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

rsync

I have three copies of all my important stuff, one on a three-way ZFS mirror

Attached: 1558388006398.jpg (1072x384, 108K)

I don't have anything important.

RAID 6

>RAID
>BACKUP
pick one

Attached: f20.gif (450x254, 1.79M)

I convert important documents into QR codes, which I then print and keep in a safe.

i memorize the data and recreate it from memory when i need it. this includes media files
get on my level brainlet

google drive

>Y-you do have a backup, don'y you?

Attached: 12a225997cf4.jpg (960x821, 60K)

yeah i just encrypt my files and send them over to a google drive

I use rsync to copy files from my desktop and laptop to my NAS. Everyday at 3AM, a cronjob uses restic to backup those files from my NAS to Backblaze.

i backup my servers with borgmatic
i don't bother to backup anything on my desktop since it's all shit anyways

Attached: 1352217103132.jpg (500x391, 20K)

Duplicity to a raid6 server on another continent and backintime to an external drive which is mirrored to another one occasionally

>Backblaze
>go on extended holiday for 30 days
>or your NAS shits itself
>yfw you now have no backup
>yfw you realise you never had a backup

What are you on about?

Just hack in to the NSA and copy the last image they took of your disk

Read their kdb on what happens with your data when your box goes offline.

Kek the company I work for breaks raids as their primary method. It's the most retarded shit I've ever seen and it's for the 'speed'.

Percs flying off the raid is rare but about twenty times more common than bare metal restores fail, which is never.

I hope our customers never find out but they already wonder why they go through so many drive replacements in a year.

Attached: 1552111120791.jpg (600x800, 135K)

I copy them to 2 external hdds every other month or so. Small, minor files are saved in the cloud™

Better question: How do I backup my encrypted truecrypt partition?

Oh, I see. I'm assuming that's only for their "personal backup" stuff? I use B2.

You copy it to an external hard drive

Time Machine. Automatic.

yeah let's just
copy my encrypted data to an unencrypted hdd
what could go wrong

i autistically created a python program that chunks, hashes, then distributes multiple copies to drives on my network and records hash meta data and drive location in a sqlite db. works a lot like hadoop hdfs.

best back up system i have ever used. drag and drop window option, search function on a flat namespace and tagging system included. while hashing data that is being read from file it is read twice in 100mb chunks and hashes are compared to identify read failures. there is a function that scrubs the data for bitrot/errors similar to zfs then recreates chunks to meet minimum redundancy requirements for each chunk of a file.

shit is COMFY.

>to an unencrypted hdd
why

Oh cool. Can you give a quick rundown of your use case? Total capacity and monthly transfer, and resulting cost? Are you storing individual files or a whole disk image? Are daily updates to B2 incremental? Also what about versioning and encryption?

Attached: 1c2.jpg (559x476, 34K)

I don't have any files to back up.

from time to time I rsync my home folder to a different HDD. Everything else doesn't matter if it is lost.

What percentage of botnet is Macrium Reflect?

I use restic (github.com/restic/). It's deduplicated and uses snapshots.

First you create a restic repo (on local filesystem, S3, B2, ...) and then with the `restic backup` command you can create snapshots. Occasionally you can use `restic forget` to remove unneeded snapshots (e.g. restic forget --keep-daily 7 --keep-weekly 5 --keep-monthly 12 --keep-yearly 100).

Use case is for backing up all important files (which for me means code, paperwork, photos and music). It's about 400 GB total, with about 5-10 GB monthly transfer. It costs me $2.5 a month.

external HDD in USB enclosure

Not the guy you were responding to but I think it's a pretty good progy. Couldn't say if it's botnet or not though.

I used to have two small SSD's raided and I replaced them with one larger Samsung drive, Macrium Reflect made that process a breeze.

You copy the encrypted data, dumbass.
dd if=/dev/encrypted of=/dev/external

rsync on ext hdds

How do I automate backups?
How do I make it so my home folder gets copied automatically over to a home server once a day?

Wait I don’t understand what you’re trying to say. Are you saying they break raid arrays on purpose?