Recently pirated some software from a source that people said was okay

>recently pirated some software from a source that people said was okay
>scanned it with windows defender before running anything, seemed fine
>start experiencing random wifi slowdowns
>a command prompt window flashed open for less than a second when I booted my computer this morning

A-am I overreacting Jow Forums ?

Attached: KaItcwL.jpg (565x596, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-usb-dvd-download-tool
av-comparatives.org/tests/performance-test-april-2019/
superuser.com/questions/1095980/is-the-windows-10-product-key-in-bios
nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html
github.com/Superfly-Inc/ShowKeyPlus
av-comparatives.org/tests/real-world-protection-test-february-march-2019-factsheet/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Windows
You're definitely fucked.

>scanning with a default scanner
Any decent malware isn't going to get caught by a tool every normie has.
You just gave your computer aids.

You aren't overreacting. Time to reinstall Windows (or better yet, install something else).

Which reset setting do I use? Is the one that saves all my files fine or should I manually copy them on an external HDD? Is it even safe to plug in any storage device in my computer now?

I would save only your most important stuff to something like Mega (e2e cloud storage), and then install from scratch.

Also, you can save it all however you want it you are ditching Windows.

Post the site where you got the pirated games

bruh u got hax'd

soo funnehh

Attached: 1546048892482.jpg (719x719, 62K)

Is it safe to dual boot, using windows only for uses where safety isn't critical (ie gaymes)?

I'd really recommend a fresh install. I don't know what it is you have, and while something just searching for a credit card number would be safe, a cryptominer or someone rooting around in your files would be less than ideal.

Once you do a fresh install of Windows, there's no real issue with dual booting in the context you are talking about.

Alright, so I should:
>back up all my files on external HDD
>reset windows using the windows setting thing
>install linux on a new dual boot partition
>put all my backed up files on the linux partition
>format my external HDD so I can use it for backups again
>reinstall windows and only put gaymes and stuff that doesn't matter on that partition
?

Gentoo doesn't have this problem.

That's what I would do. And I sure as shit wouldn't open any backed up .exe's or anything on Windows.

Right, and I would only put the games that don't run on Linux on your Windows side. Proton is in development, but should allow you to use most of your games on Linux side.

Furthermore, I would recommend that, when it is convenient, that you check out the Easy Linux Tips Project. They help you optimize your Linux distro, presuming you use Ubuntu or one of its derivatives (like Mint, which I would recommend as baby's first distro).

>be me
>search diligently for original DAZ loaded not bundled with malware
>give up and try a random one that some people recommend
>try NOD32, malwarebytes, nothing detected
>go on to use computer for finances and bitcoin wallets lol
>nothing happens
guess I got lucky

Thanks frens, will do.

Attached: 43.jpg (840x709, 165K)

you might want to take notes, I've lost track of how many times I've reinstalled windows because I pirated some dumb shit. my favorite one ever was getting a random file deleter from a bootleg minecraft way back in the day, it eventually deleted my wifi driver from my old laptop

Unrelated but are m0nkas' Photoshop and Premiere .exe safe? Downloaded from rutracker.ru

no
*ahem*
NO

don't download .exes from torrents
don't download activated operating systems either
also you don't need adobe garbage, you only think you do

For OS I just use mydigitallife.

the only people who need adobe fancyshop are people who make money from using it, and they should be buying the legit software so they don't have to worry about missing a paycheck because they had to reinstall their operating system because they downloaded a virus like a dumb teenager

that's good, I still have my win7 pre-sp1 and still activate it with daz loader, and if you need 10 there's a legit tool from microshaft that turns activated w7 into 10

the order of this is a little goofed actually: dual booting win/lin is best done by installing windows first, then shrinking windows partition to create free space, then installing linux and its bootloader to the free space

>Openly accepts having pirated software
Enjoy being vanned bro

OP here, I think I made a mistake on that post. I don't need to reset windows twice right? The one on the last line is unnecessary?
Sorry for my low IQ.

So this:
>back up all my files on external HDD
>reset windows using the windows setting thing
>install linux on a new dual boot partition by shrinking the windows partition
>put all my backed up files on the linux partition
>format my external HDD so I can use it for backups again
>install my windows software on the windows partition by downloading it again
?

so you'd back up the files you want to keep to your external, reformat the OS disk & install a fresh windows, shrink the partition and install linux, move the desired old files to linux from the external, wipe the external and then you're good

the good files you want to keep are only media & documents right? you're not saving and reinstalling the same exact shit that got you here right? just checking.

go back to dildotown you fuckin dildo

Attached: 15463776621300.jpg (128x128, 7K)

I'm unclear as to what the "windows setting thing" is. You should have a fresh clean copy of windows on a disk but it sounds like you do not.

I think he might be talking about System Restore, which won't do shit.

Yeah I only have media & documents on my external.
After I'm done with the installs I also plan to only move files from the linux partition to the windows one (ie to do a final edit of my work on MS office).

Pic related is what I meant. You are right, I don't have a copy of windows on a disk, my laptop (asus UX305CA, can't read disks) came with windows preinstalled. How do I properly reinstall windows in this case?

Attached: reset-windows-10-600x393.jpg (600x393, 35K)

Download W10 to an iso, and use the sticker on the computer to see the product key you need to enter.

Attached: product key.png (480x360, 330K)

download the iso to a disk or usb, I mean. Sorry, it's 6am and I am in need of coffee.

Holy based, didn't know this.

Attached: 1470573046226.webm (688x472, 103K)

bootable usb, you will have to go into uefi/bios to tell the computer to look there for an OS before it looks on the hard drive. If you downloaded the highlighted torrent you would also need to find a good daz loader copy to activate it. you can get the dvd tool packaged in the torrent direct from microsoft, it's probably the same one but it's best to minimize risk.

if your computer came with win7 originally you can just reuse the key on the sticker, you don't need daz.

Attached: Capture.png (1420x586, 287K)

I was about to ask this. Thanks and enjoy your coffee.

Attached: yeah you're boned.png (727x523, 143K)

It came with win10.
I plan to follow this procedure to make the bootable USB, is it fine?
microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-usb-dvd-download-tool

So long as you have the sticker on your rig, you should be.

yes, that way installs an unactivated clean copy of win10, that you then activate with your product key on the sticker, after which you do the shrink partition & dual boot, then move your goodies back from the external & wipe that clean as well and you are completely free of whatever you installed

except for the step where you CHANGE PASSWORDS to anything you logged into while the malware was installed, you absolutely cannot skip this step because getting your passwords might have been the entire point of the malware in the first place

Not only windows defender is less secure, it also uses more resources than other AVs. See av-comparatives.org/tests/performance-test-april-2019/
Use a better free anti-virus like kaspersky or bitdefender.

I don't have the sticker (there's a really small one but it doesn't look like it's a windows key and it's mostly written in chinese) what do I do?

I will do that too

i thought losing your internet after a finished torrent was normal.

>no sticker
ouch, I don't know how to activate oem 10 for free. I'd do the mydigitallife win7 + daz, then run microsoft's media creation tool to turn 7 into 10 if I was in your situation. This leaves open the possibility that 7 either won't install, or doesn't have a network interface driver or something and leaves you high and dry.

worst case you can just deal with the annoying message from windows telling you your windows isn't genuine

it is with deluge

Attached: 1463510953402.gif (300x245, 166K)

I did in cmd what the guy said there
superuser.com/questions/1095980/is-the-windows-10-product-key-in-bios
And it gave me a 25 characters key (XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX). Is it okay? Is there any way I can check if it's the right key before reinstalling windows?

>he doesn't virustotal the file first

You are part of the botnet anyway. So whats the matter? Do you fear someone could spy on you? Microsoft already does it

This is why I only use open source software these days. There's no fucking point of pirating at all because of safer FOSS alternatives.

> btw you are pretty fucked, OP.

Attached: free.jpg (361x257, 48K)

You are getting exactly what you deserve you fucking piece of shit pirate.

i don't know, it's probably the right key though

's Reset this PC button looks kind of good actually, now that I look at this image. I'm not very familiar with 10. I'd still be nervous any infection would persist, were I doing this to clean an infected computer like you are. I'd still do the bootable USB route installing unactivated 10. 10 kind of does everything for you when you install it, I'd be pretty surprised if it didn't automatically activate. Every time I put 7 on a computer, I have to spend a while collecting drivers for the motherboard parts and installing them before the computer works as you'd expect, but the couple times I put 10 on a computer there was none of that, it just werked right away.

Attached: 1476992943300.jpg (653x477, 191K)

I think I'll go with the USB boot route.
Btw I also tried this
nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html
It gave me a internet explorer key (who cares), the same key I had gotten in cmd (named BIOS OEM key) and a 25 characters key that's supposed to be "windows 10 home".
I think I'm alright for the key.

No, google “sjains guides reddit”, look for a subreddit under the same name. I used to get my adobe suite set up and everything has been fine. No unknown processes, nothing weird yet. Of course ymmv.

I have more issues with qbittorrent than I ever did with deluge in terms of internet. I think my ISP (Spectrum) is fucking with it, since I can mirror an entire website with wget and still use internet on other shit.

>spying is the only thing a virus can do to fuck you over
Eat pant.

bunch of overreacting niggers in this thread, get in one of the easy private trackers for software like cgpeers and you'll be fine

user, if you pirated Wibdows itself using AutoKMSpicoToolkitLoader, how do you expect Windows Defender to protect you?
On one hand, it knows it's pirated.
On another hand, it's all probably just paranoia and AutoKMS doing it's job (the command prompt)

yes, just install trial version of an AV like Kaspersky or Bitdefender then use them to perform a system scan. delete what it recomends and you will be fine. No need for reinstalling windows or formating your PC

Wi-Fi slow and nobody in this thread has suggested checking outgoing connections?

OP install wireshark and look for anything suspicious.

If it's >= W8, there isn't a key on a sticker (it's embedded in the UEFI by the OEM), and nowadays usually there isn't even a sticker anymore. In this case it won't even ask which edition you want and just take it from UEFI, which also means you'll need to go through hell if you want to upgrade it from Home Single Language.

Is it me or are viruses really getting out of hand lately? haven't had malware in years, but now I somehow got a few

Attached: 1558018243392.jpg (671x708, 117K)

>didn't scan with virustotal
You deserve the AIDS.
Next time, download from an actual good source.

>not using a VM, Sandbox, or even VirusTotal in 2007+12

Seriously, you need to use something like this. Do a fresh install then use a VM to play/run pirated shit. Make the VM setup how you like then clone it and use the clone. If something fishy happens, just delete that clone then make another clone. Repeat as needed. Cloning takes like 5 mins or less usually. If you do this properly you won't even need to install any anti-virus and can turn off WinDefender. In the VM you can barebones install everything except what the game/program needs to run well then pour in all the computer's resources into it.

Attached: Untitled.png (708x608, 58K)

github.com/Superfly-Inc/ShowKeyPlus

install gentoo

It gives me an installed key and OEM key. Installed key is the same as the one I got from cmd and OEM is the windows 10 home key I got from produkey.

That's just wupdate

It is doing down
And I don't know how to check myself

iv had the old version of deluge from a few years ago. Never updated it and it works fine.

Someone just popped a shell on u OP.
> time to install GNU/Linux

Attached: 4L_6BeBLWDU.png (225x224, 7K)

What happens to the first installed os if I took another product key amd apply to another pc? Does any product key work with ltsc?

Now that Win 10 has a sandbox, there is no excuse not to testrun sketchy programs there.

Also you have to verify with VirusTotal, but that won't 100% clear you. Nor will Sandbox. But those two will save your ass 99.99% of the time.

Gentle reminder that Zomebieload can bypass containers like VMs.

Attached: 1558166761112.jpg (600x600, 261K)

Imagine using Intel in 2019

>simply virtualize another chiptype
How new r u?

It is not safe, malware running as admin could always mess up other partitions

There are more lucrative ventures than malware these days, and filled with the same former clientele

1) get a live usb linux
2) boot into live usb
3) save important files to external hdd using live usb linux
4) nuke your pc from orbit, it's the only way to be sure
dd if=/dev/urandom of=sda
5) reinstall windows (i assume you still want to use it)
6) request permission to reinstall windows from microsoft because you've already reinstalled it too many times
7) have to call on phone and have robot tell you 60 digits to type into activate by phone option
8)whatever man, that's your choice
9) put your files back

defender is in a very good state right now
See screenshot. windows defender blocked all malware.
Admittedly also has the highest false positives, but that isn't up for discussion
av-comparatives.org/tests/real-world-protection-test-february-march-2019-factsheet/

Attached: av test.png (816x414, 36K)

>not deep freeze-ing your pc
Your fault

OP here, just reinstalled windows from a USB. I wasn't asked my activation key at any point.

What if the Linux partition is encrypted? (I don't know anything about it yet but I'd like to do that when I install linux)
What do you think would be the safest way to dual boot W10 and Ubuntu? I will only be using W10 for MS Office and a few games (bought on steam this time).

Same happened to me and I had to reinstall. I couldn't find another way around it.

Use Adwcleaner or w/e (same shit from Mbytes) and use Mbytes. After that run HitmanPro.
Hope it solves the issues so you don't have to go after all the shit manually.

In the future learn how and why something gets detected by AV and how to avoid being fucked.