Someone please help

I woke up this morning to this. They knew my password. "... I infected you with my private malware, (RAT) / (Remote Administration Tool), a few months back when you visited some website where my iframe was placed and since then, I have been observing your actions.
The malware gave me full access and control over your system, meaning, I can see everything on your screen, turn on your camera or microphone and you won't even notice about it.

I have also access to all your contacts, private pictures, videos, everything!
I MADE A VIDEO showing you (through your webcam) STATISFYING YOURSELF!
You got a very good taste! Hahaha...
I can send this video to all your contacts (email, social network) and publish all your private data everywhere!". The guy wants bitcoin and I don't have any and I can't just ask people to buy it for me. What do I do now I have no option other then to just blow my fucking brains out.

Attached: 1527601939419.jpg (619x453, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1JDCbq9Uq5o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

everyone gets these emails, they're just trying to shake you down

ignore it

it's a lie, they're not very honest people

Unless he showed you the pictures he got of you jerking off he's bluffing.

How exactly does he know my password then? Thank you for the reassurance I know the pepe might've thrown some people off but I just wanted to make this quickly for help.

we had a thread with this exact same email like 2 months ago
just ignore

they got the password from some data breach
these emails are sent out in batches, no one is targeting you

>How exactly does he know my password then?
if it's shorter than 8 characters and you don't have 2 step auth it's pretty damn easy, or they compromised another site where you use the same mail/pwd combination

You can spoof email addresses

they get your password from a list of millions of passwords that were stolen from some shitty site that didn't didnt encrypt your info

i get these emails every day because i used to have an account with pipex(talk talk) whose database either got hacked, or everyones info was sold by an employee, its frustrating because they refuse to admit they got everyone's passwords stolen

When sites get hacked often all the hashed passwords are put out on the internet as well as their corresponding emails.
Then they do bruteforce or dictionary attacks on the passwords until they crack them, and send this scary message to the email that corresponds to the password. There's no evidence he knows anything or has done anything more than this.
It is a good wake up call to use different passwords for each service though.

How do you know he knows your password?
Did he email it to you in plain text?

not op but the last one i got had my password in plain text, i got a solid laugh out of it because the password was ancient (over 4 years old) and it's an account i only use for trash account signups

>statisfying yourself

Attached: RStudio-Screenshot.png (949x790, 167K)

Stepping up their game a little bit, then, using leak databases.

>I woke up this morning
Me too, bro. Why are we still here? Fuck God.

Go away! Do not Spread the infection.

Attached: Get_out_demon.gif (200x200, 2.04M)

Lmao I got the same email it's just to let you know that your password is breached

Yes I just checked haveibeenpwned and a couple of sites I used had some data breaches.

Yea he did. I didn't wanna show it obviously.

I changed a bunch of my passes right after so hopefully it works out.

It is pretty vague going on about how he used his private malware. Idk seemed to just through words he thought I wouldn't know in there. So I'm most likely just overreacting. Sorry if this was a waste of a thread. Just waoke up at like 7 AM to this and I've not been very well lately so I immediately jumped to the worse possible outcome.

>It is pretty vague going on about how he used his private malware
scaremongering tactic, just heightens the fear among the normies making them more likely to pay up

the fact they keep running this scam means it's probably working for them

Yea the more I gave it even a bit of thought I thought it was weird. On the off chance it is real though what should I do? Just even on the 0.000000001% chance it's real I'd want to know my options if I have any besides to blow my brains out.

you don't want to go down that rabbit hole but if you want the hassle, get 2fa on your accounts, run some security software (virus/spyware) on your machine and if you're still not satisfied reinstall your os

still not happy? consider switching to a more secure os but i wouldn't go much further than this

Malwarebytes said I was clean gonna run AVG scan soon. Can'treally do 2fa since no cellphone. Thank you for the advice though. Just wanted to know options.Sadly my dignity won't be intact if he really does have and leaks it.

Well, you can use 2FA using something like TextNow but it’s annoying

I'll tell you exactly what's going on. A site you're registered to got hacked. The hackers got your password and Email from that site. With that information they're trying to mass blackmail everyone. Notice how nothing in the mail is specific? Not even what you were watching, they don't know anything. Any real blackmailer would send a video or at the very least a link to the vid.

Nothing in your system is infected, it's 100% a scam, they only got your password and mail. DON'T PAY ANYTHING.

Oh thank you for that I may start using it even if it is a pain in the ass.
Yea I did. I had just woken up so it took me a bit to fully wake up and realize how vague they were being

>not covering your webcam
WEW LAD

I've only been visiting youtube and twitch for a while now so I assumed i was good. not twitch someone in pakistan got accesss to the account and twitch isnt doing anything even after like 20000000 tickets I've opened RIP. What do you suggest to cover it up with?

very common new type of scare tactic scam, watch this op youtu.be/1JDCbq9Uq5o
like the other anons said it's data breach garbage

I wish people like you were forced to use different networks quarantined away from people like me so I'd stop getting spammed 8 times a day with texts from "local numbers" saying shit like
>THE KHARDASHIANS USE THIS TO F**K FOR HOURS!!!!!!
>CLICK HERE -> a4sc./37f8fn.dvcf

They only send that shit because retards like you fall for it.

The other stuff was already explained, but going forward you might want to use different passwords everywhere, maybe with (a bunch of?) pass wallets and/or FIDO2 hardware keys wherever applicable, it'll reduce the number of accounts compromised every time someone successfully grabs your passwords on the other end.

I mean i already started using new passes for a bunch of places just was a bit worried about the email itself after just waking up.

>Dude, I don't have a webcam, what you're talking about?

>telling op the truth
>not letting op lose his neetbux to some third world scammer for the lulz
what happened to Jow Forums?

Attached: Pool.jpg (600x700, 36K)

this isn't /b/

we don't have to be dicks all the time

>what happened to Jow Forums?
What is Jow Forums?

Attached: 1551997596560-g.gif (652x562, 626K)

There's a difference between being an ebin trole and being a faggot.

>frogposter
>retarded

dont worry fren, my friend got the same email and it was just his password he used 10 years ago, just change your password and you dont need to worry about anything

Attached: 1554102227887.jpg (1000x800, 61K)

>spoof
Don't worry OP, your password did not get stolen.
This is an example of email spoofing.
Basically, they spoofed somehow (e.g. you may have a public account which shows your email address) your [email protected], then they forged a custom email using the SMTP protocol with the "From" and "Destination" set to your email. This way, it seemed like they sent the email from your account to your account, though the only thing they have is your email.
This messages are pretty common nowadays and you can search the message they sent you on any search engine to find a lot of people complaining about this.

Send him another video of yourself masturbating and say "I don't give a shit" at the climax

It wasnt my email he emailed me from.
I apologized for the pepe earlier to be fair. I realize I'm not the smartest in these subjects so I decided to come for help.
Thank you for the support and advice

Yeah user you don't seem too bad even though you posted a frog. This is an anime board though

Other anons already told you it's a scam due to a data breach, probably club penguin used admin/admin as their credentials for the back office. What i want to discuss is
>I infected you with my private malware, (RAT) / (Remote Administration Tool), a few months back when you visited some website where my iframe was placed
I mean, it's not 1998 anymore. Is this even possible nowdays? Browsers operate on a sandbox completely isolated from the system resources, i can hardly imagine something running outside of DOM and excecuting code in your system, especially since that kind of malware would require to skip your OS security as well
I don't say it's impossible, but it would require NSA level of effort to infect someone trough those means, and the cost/profit ratio isn't even remotely convenient. I believe that unless you're specifically targetted, or you don't run taylor_swift_naked.jpg.exe it's implausible. 95% of malware requires an explicit user mistake, and the remaining 5% is way beyond your average pajeet mail scams

Attached: 1553089148795.png (1024x1364, 1.81M)

t. buttmad pajeet scammer

Everyone and their dad got this mail, including mine who just laughed it off and threw the thing away, nothing ever happened (obviously). Its a known phishing mail, learn 2 google.