I'm trying to overclock this ryzen 2600, and looks completely stable at 3.95 Ghz undervolted by 0.05v...

I'm trying to overclock this ryzen 2600, and looks completely stable at 3.95 Ghz undervolted by 0.05v. I'm not into "OC communities" but this looks like a good roll in the silicon lottery. is it?

Attached: elmo_tries_i9.gif (440x300, 776K)

I wasn't able to stably overclock my r5 2600 at all, so you got luckier than me. Most people seem to be able to get 4.0 or 4.1GHz though, if you're willing to use the extra voltage.

post more info user

What other info do you need?

never tried to overvolt yet. 4ghz on stock voltage crashed, that's why I'm at 3.95

Yeah you're probably not gonna get 4GHz without overvolting a good bit, but the 2600 is perfectly safe up to like 1.4v iirc.

>3.95 Ghz is considered an OC for Ryzen
AMDrones truly are pathetic

op here, what else do you need? temps? around 75° in full load, it's an itx build on air. stress-tested with auxiliary airflow to bring temps lower than 70

>12 threads @3.95
>150$ cpu
>pathetic
cope

Attached: 1502831978496.jpg (700x565, 73K)

bump? I need more infos

I'm able to overclock my 4790k to 4.8, your overclock isn't impressive at all. AMD isn't known to be a good overclocker at all compared to intel, even in gaming and applications that uses less cores or AVX2/AVX512 workloads AMD CPUs falls short

What are you using to stress test? Not all workloads are equal and some will bring any unstable OC to its knees very quickly.

Most Ryzens cap out at 4.0-4.1ghz for daily use so that's about a normal overclock.

>AMD isn't known to be a good overclocker at all compared to intel
The world record overclock is held by a FX 6100.

>I can't read: the post
he said he undervolted, i think that chip can easily go up to 4.2 at 1.35v. also lots of 2600 can't even oc at 3.9

nooo nooooooo absolutely not. it's stable!

>that chip can easily go up to 4.2
>lots of 2600 can't even oc at 3.9
u wot

few runs of cinebench 15
occt linpack for around 20 hours
prime 95 for about 3 hours
few days of daily usage and some cpu-intensive games
also I checked again, and I forgot to say that I had to increase the voltage a little because it crashed during the first run of occt: it was still running stable for 3 hours while i moved a file in an external hdd and i tried to format a usb drive. it crashed as the formatting was completed.
the undervolt is actually -0.04375V.
>what is silicon lottery
dumb nigger, the whole thread is about it

Thats a pretty good stress test assuming the software is upto date (due to avx acceleration being added in some of the later releases).

What voltage @ 4.8? i have same dorito

>my small boat goes at 50km/h
>your speed isn't impressive, my car goes at 150km/h
what are you trying to prove? higher clocks in different architectures =/= higher performance