Previous thread
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: 68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f (800x480, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-set-up-an-openvpn-server-on-ubuntu-18-04
reddit.com/r/GalliumOS/comments/bak8lt/galliumos_30beta_released/
archive.org/details/wlsetup-all_201802
laptopmag.com/laptop-finder
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

any guide i could use to setup an vpn on my odroid-xu4? (armhf)
i followed digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-set-up-an-openvpn-server-on-ubuntu-18-04 but it doesnt work...

Attached: 085.jpg (1920x1080, 107K)

I switched from Chrome to FF half a year ago because chrome didn't separate logging into the browser from logging into the website any longer.

Now I love Firefox but the piece of shit crashes so often, it fills up ALL my RAM (literally 16/16GB used), freezes my whole system and then magically reverts back to a usable state after ~1-3 minutes. It annoys the shit out of me. I don't use any extensions other than Ublock Origin.

The nerds at bugzilla don't acknowledge my problem because they want an about:memory snapshot which I can't take while the bug is happening because my entire system is fucking frozen, and after it's usable again, it's gone.

To make a long story short, can you separate your browser from your website logins in Chrome again? I literally only want to use Google to sync my bookmarks nothing else, especially not log me into gmail every time I open the browser.

Attached: oogaboogaaa.jpg (800x450, 41K)

basically i wanted to try drinking distilated water
the amount of gunk that i accumulated in a pot after boiling water in it is fucking ridiculous i aint's drink'in dat shit
but water distillers are fucking expensive and eat alot of electricity

so i was thinking that i will make small version that will be fueled by candle or some other simple energy source
but i lack experience in terminology and don't wanna get metal poisoning
also, normal fuel has better energy efficiency than electricity
also if i won't like drinking distillate water i'll just sell these parts
so, help me/point me to a right board ?

Attached: Depositphotos_82408606_s-2015.jpg (500x436, 136K)

I have a question about saving audio to different formats after modifying it.
I record to AAC in OBS but do some post processing in audacity on it to make it sound a little better.

1. Noise removal

2. Compressor (-15 to -18)

3. Equalizer (Curve to Bass Boost)

4. Repeat Step 3 with Treble Boost

5. Hard Limiter (-3.0)

6. Boost microphone +3

7. Reduce game audio -10

8. Normalize to -1

However when I'm done in audacity I save it as a FLAC file, but does this make a difference in the overal quality of the audio ?
I know the bitrate is much higher than the AAC file after I export it (~1200-1600 kbit/s for the FLAC vs 320 kbit/s for the AAC file).
Is there a way I can check after exporting them in different formats if there is any real audible difference between the files ?

What's a good mouse for someone with big hands? Pinkie drag is getting on my nerves.

You can put both files in Audacity, sync them up with each other, flip the phase on one, and listen for the difference.

You can buy distilled water by the gallon pretty cheap at the grocery store.

not really lol i would already do this

That's weird. Refresh your profile. Don't use any custom settings in ubo.

This is 100% serious and not a troll. I need someone that can destroy, at least temporarily, a Wordpress site.

I'd be willing to pay around 300-500 bucks.
It's not american based. Latest WP. Need either credentials to access myself or to make the site unavailable (DDoS) permanently or for at least 2 months. It's not a company, nothing big or important.

If you're not comfortable with people knowing about the horrific shit you've done, then maybe you shouldn't have done it.

Attached: 1557696265351.png (1028x880, 319K)

nice try Mr. Noseerg
BBut we all know who's behind THAT

>windows 10 pc shuts down or blue screens, critical process died
>try sfc and dism
>sfc doesn’t find anything and dism blue screens during it every single time
>reinstall windows
>update drivers
>works fine for 2 days then back to the same old shit, this time irql not less or equal, page fault in nonpaged area and shutdowns
>despair and leave it for a couple days
>come back and run sfc just because, finds corrupted files and fixes them
>dism runs ok
>seems to work for now, it’s been a few hours up so I dunno yet

Why am I being tortured like this?
I wish the PSU would blow up and burn down the house or something straightforward I can see and immediately replace instead of this cryptic bullshit.

You're doing it backwards. Compress the original audio lossless and only use a lossy codec once you're done editing.

>You're doing it backwards. Compress the original audio lossless and only use a lossy codec once you're done editing.

I can't seem to be able to get that without recording losslessly in OBS for some reason which is a pain in the ass because I'd have to recode the video file again which takes forever.
That's why I was wondering if there is going to be a quality difference when exporting to flac from an AAC source recording after you do some post processing work on it.

Just tried it. It was awesome . even worked with the high quality occulus videos which wasnt playing in other players. Is there any way to play/pause/skip without using external input device ? Would love to have just face controls.

Where do I find good devs to hire?

FLAC applies lossless compression, so the encoding process itself doesn't degrade the quality further. However, you already discarded information by compressing it with a lossy codec while recording. You may not discard any additional information, but you're wasting space by compressing an already lossy source lossless.
Of course the alternative (lossy -> lossy) isn't any better, but given a high enough bitrate it should still be transparent (i.e. people don't perceive the losses and effectively have the same experience as listening to the lossless original).

So I guess the only other option is to record is lossless and then recompress the video ?

There should be a UI in view that works with timed triggers. It could be hidden under dots, in the lower part of the view. It might also be disabled under preferences.

How do you go from unpaid intern to paid programmer for a start up? I have no certs or education but i've been doing a lot of the architecural planning and all my coding friends agree that it's all on point.

the CEO is talking of getting office space an shit, should i spring it on him that i'd like to get paid for my code when he is thinking of buying office space when the team is basically unneeded office space at the moment?

Thank you. just noticed. It kinda obstructs the blowjob view. But I can manage that.

It's usually a good idea to record in the highest possible quality and avoid any quality losses until the project is finished. For audio it should be no problem as uncompressed audio doesn't require that much space and audio compression (be it lossy or lossless) is easy enough on resources to not make much of a difference while recording.
Video compression is a different topic.

what career gives me more opportunities in the future; environmental eng or software eng?

>Decide to install CloverOS
>Installation starts off fine, then stops at the automatic login and xorg part and doesn't continue
Anyone else here have experience downloading CloverOS. I have an NVIDIA card and wonder if that is the problem.

Every so often maybe once every 4 hours my HDD makes a 2 second long noise akin to reading. However I've checked on resource monitor and nothing pops up during the noise.
It's a secondary hdd and not the boot drive.
Any ideas?

the usb pcie adapter on my riser just fucking burst into flames
wtf happened

is the PSU fugged
what the fuck
literally been using those risers in the exact configuration for years
only one card was on it at the time, psu might have been having issues earlier, one of the 6 pins had melted that powered the risers. D/Ced the rest of them tried to boot it up with one card, and the pcie adapter to the mobo started sparking.
what did I do wrong

Attached: couchfrog.png (444x444, 109K)

Windows 7 is a piece of shit and the worst windows.

I need a distro recommendation for a shitty chromebook, something that preferrably supports the drivers of an HP 11-V031NR. Has 4GB of RAM.

vista master race

What's the difference between AHK's SetMouseDelay and Sleep as far as mouse clicks are concerned?

GalliumOS

to expand on this answer:
It's a Xubuntu-based distro (plenty of packages) that includes drivers and fixes for quirks of Chromebooks.

>Xubuntu-based
You mean Debian-based-based-based

Hi, any clues on what to google to code a pdf generator?

Attached: alpha.jpg (960x960, 592K)

there's a python library for that
check out the book automate the boring stuff

Asking to help out a friend -
Recommend me a retard proof music player for Windows that's super easy to create playlists of folders in.

I was considering this already, but apparently it hasn't been updated since 2017? The box for this Chromebook says copyright 2018 so I have no idea if it's competible or not.

I've noticed that Linux ISO images have the [BOOT] folder in them when I open them with 7zip, with 1-boot-noemul.img and 2-boot-noemul.img files inside. But when I burned the iso on DVD, the [BOOT] folder wasn't on the disk. Is it just invisible, or the disk burner doesn't write it?

It'll work fine, but it's based on Ubuntu 16.04 so it's getting a little long in the tooth.
Use 3.0beta2 if you won't have any issues listed here: reddit.com/r/GalliumOS/comments/bak8lt/galliumos_30beta_released/

Why don't the auto connect to wifi feature on most devices check for Mac addresses or really anything other than the ssid? Seems like it'd make fake ap attacks that much harder.

I'll check it out, thank you.

What's a SIMPLE video editor for windows that allows me to export to WEBM? I just want make a video with a static picture and song, nothing else.

Kdenlive doesn't support drag and drop and the add files is bugged, it says my disk is empty.
Also I don't want to install a 1gb program just for this.

what if you're on a university/company campus, would you really want to have to manually permit every router they have on their site?

Unironically Movie Maker. You can't export directly to webm though so just make a super high bitrate file and convert it to webm with Handbrake Nightly.
archive.org/details/wlsetup-all_201802

I thought about it desu, but it would be nice to find a program that directly exports to webm to save time, also I would prefer to not write on my old ssd too much, I'm on a laptop.

I`m a little lost here, I need a laptop for work ( will be backpacking 5-7 months) and have a budget of maximun 1K usd
The main uses I`m gonna give the laptop are : Media backup( photos and videos) and cloud backups, some media playback ( music and whatnot) and some photo editing nothing to demanding, so if any could point me in the right direction, would be awesome,maybe a model or just the prefered specs would do great.

Bad ssd durability is a shill myth

laptopmag.com/laptop-finder

You've got a point there, I hadn't considered networks with multiple aps. I guess needing one more piece of unique info for an attack isn't good enough to lose that kind of functionality.

btw on for the OS question just pick Windows and install whatever you like after

anyone?

do privatetrackers accept bunch of random ips from a vpn or do i need to have a static ip all the time?

>>>/ptg/

musicbee is very easy to use

correction:

is there even a point of using a pihole anymore?

>anymore
?

>tfw had vista for literally years and everyone just went “why” like I’m some maniac

I personally never had problems with it, it was the os of my first own pc and I didn’t like change.

based

Best OS for a shitty netbook? Intel atom n455, 2gb ram. Been using Lubuntu for a while but I want something even further stripped back.

eh, how do you insert code text into posts?

Make a backup just in case.

:::python
import test

[ code]code goes here[ /code]
Without the spaces.

unironically gentoo

Type code at the start and /code and the end with [] enclosed in both of them

uh, thanks, Im such a caveman

Did I waste my money getting a 2200G (instead of 2400G that's more expensive but has more threads, which overclocking can't fix) and a DS3H B450M (i was going to get an asus or asrock but reddit told me to get the ds3h)???

Attached: download.png (121x121, 3K)

>reddit told me to get the ds3h
fuck off

like this?

holy shit. also does it recognize special symbols in code?

I want the cheapest decent laptop possible with thunderbolt 3 for eGPU at home, ideal as many cores as possible for light video editing (4c/8t or at least 4 solid)

>micro atx

yea you fucked up

I'm a free man

what does that mean

Thinkpad X200 or T400? Is it worth buying from Minifree/Technoethical/Vikings?

Attached: painting.jpg (464x700, 51K)

So, let’s say I have Norton AntiVirus, is it foolproof?

No, it's the opposite; proof you're a fool.

Whats the most physically durable external storage? Im getting worried I'll accidentally jam pic related in my hard drive incorrectly and lose all my data - is there something cheaper/better thats less prone to this?

Attached: 41Lt5-rzmxL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 12K)

Is it possible to install a different OS on a chromebook WITHOUT signing into a google account? I'm genuinely pissed off right now.

Boot UBCD and wipe the drive?

>Whats the most physically durable external storage?
Optical media, if from a good brand and stored properly.

I have an assignment where I have to write a PDF document on presenting a product with text and images. What's the best software for this? I'm a Winfag.

Use Word and export to PDF.

What would be the cheapest way to have a external HDD to expand your raid set up? What interface do I use? Lastly can I keep using sata drives or do I have to explore SAS stuff?

Attached: nutrients.jpg (800x450, 69K)

Two questions

Is it better to just get one of those cards that expands the number of sata ports, or just buy a new MB

and

Whats the best android phone to get if I want
>Removable battery
>USB-C
>Easily rootable

My 2600X is running extremely hot in idle, is there any way to help that?
Right now i'm on the stock cooler so i'm expecting fairly high temps, but 40-50c with just a browser open, even with the processor minimum power reduced to 5%, seems kinda wrong idk.
I also feel like the voltage goes pretty high sometimes, could that be why?

Attached: 2600x.png (679x423, 29K)

run malware bytes / spyware destroy, you may have a miner.

Already did that, pretty it's been like this ever since i assembled it.

i'm getting a new battery for my laptop and they've told me I need to run this .bat from DOS. I run linux so I don't have a windows/dos option on bootselect. what should I do? I was originally told to flash the bios which is fine but I don't know what to do with this

its to update the EC

Is Benq 144hz 1440p best for gayming?

I'm trying to learn regular expressions for Jow Forums X filters and I'm doing something wrong.

Here's the filters:
/[3-7]86|/boards:g;highlight;type:subject,comment;
/(unicomp|endurapro|endura pro|modelm|model m|modelf|model f|buckling spring|das keyboard|kvm switch)/i;boards:g;highlight;type:subject,comment;

The first one is highlight anything with 386,486,586,686,786, but it's also highlighting posts where someone quotes someone with a post number that matches one of those. How can I make it exclude quotes?
For the second one how can I avoid the duplicated for when someone does or doesn't use a space, eg. "endurapro" and "endura pro"

Attached: regular-expression.gif (687x403, 22K)

is it safe to do this with FreeDOS?

Also this one doesn't match C++, C+=, C#

/C(\+\+|\+\=|\#)/i;boards:g;type:subject,comment;

So I have to put a C in each instance this this. How can I avoid doing that?

/(C\+\+|C\+\=|C\#)/i;boards:g;type:subject,comment;

some audio cds I burn have random pops at the end of some tracks
I burn it again and there are now random pops at the end of other tracks
using nero essentials
how do I fix this

Can you run Linux on a phone now?

A better drive or better software

DOS on usb :^)