Google storing passwords unencrypted

>Google storing passwords unencrypted

Great codemonkeys. Hire some more diversity and maybe it won't happen again?

Attached: 1529930979044.png (2674x1338, 344K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wired.com/story/google-stored-gsuite-passwords-plaintext/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Great codemonkeys. Hire some more diversity and maybe it won't happen again?
not sure if you're being ironic or retarded

If Google fired all the wh*toid codemonkeys, this wouldn't have happened.

Or rather, no one would have discovered their security hole.

Attached: 1538086530488.png (500x500, 42K)

wired.com/story/google-stored-gsuite-passwords-plaintext/

SHORT $GOOGL

what's a gee suit

This smells like a planned data breach. Thankfully I moved all my important stuff off Google a long time ago.

3rd world pajeets cant code

user's being sarcastic.
Imagine the sweat emoji as you read.

Shit like this is why I've completely given up on privacy and security. Just come over and watch me in person at this point.

Hi nigg

>unencrypted
The issue is not whether or not the passwords were encrypted, the issue is that they were not stored in an irreversible form.

you wouldn't be affected anyway that's just for enterprise teams, and apparently only if your supervisor set a password manually for you

Or if you made your own account, in the case of OP.

Still, it just reeks of Google's incompetency and you should short their stock tomorrow.

Are you fucking daft?

Cannot wait for the fines they gonna get from the EU, this clearly violates the "appropriate technical measures" part of GDPR.

>Or if you made your own account, in the case of OP.
Well yes because he was the supervisor in this case, but regardless I seriously cannot fathom how can this happen in a tech company at this scale.

Passwords should NOT be encrypted. They should be hashed with a salt. It should be impossible to recover the password from the information you store to authenticate the password.

Where did you move to? I can't think of anyone more long term than google

>Google storing passwords unencrypted
Passwords are not supposed to be encrypted anyways.

They're not supposed to be stored in plaintext you fucking retard nigger

And they aren't.

Pic related.

Attached: 0A238C92-6408-41DD-B6BD-AD85F49ABC0E.gif (790x1000, 197K)

People try hard to use whiteoid (Caucasoid) as an offensive term.
What they don't understand is we whites simply cannot be offended and Caucasoid is a pretty good term, fitting to the era of calling you a negroid.

Why does a nibba get angry when you call him an ape? Because he knows he is one and secretly is ashamed of his ancestors

Why do Asians get angry when you call them an emotionless insect or simply yellow? Because they know it's true and they are ashamed of themselves

And well Muslims just get angry at everything because everything they believe in can be destroyed by one or two sentences.

*Tips fedora* white power

You stupid negro, google is fined almost every other day and they dont give a flying fuck about the fines.

>I seriously cannot fathom how can this happen in a tech company at this scale

Thats because you've never worked at one lol

pic related

Attached: goog.png (1484x1113, 968K)

seething