Why shouldn't I get a masters in comp sci

Seems like a no brainer. Better pay and more interesting jobs. Especially if i can get a graduate scholarship.

Attached: graduate-studies.jpg (722x398, 69K)

I hope you like working with chinks.

This, also you need to be self-driven and you're gunna spend a lot of 10 hours days writing papers that will be rejected.

I work with a bunch of pajeets who have masters degrees and they need their hands held with literally everything - even with basic HTML and CSS.

Depends on the field you work in I suppose but in my experience degrees are not an indicator of how smart or capable anyone is.

Most pajeets go to degree mills. A bunch of pajeets just got kicked out of my uni and the masters program because they all got caught cheating and stealing code.

Do what you like, honestly. Any field these days is plagued with absolutely abhorrent people.

If you're doing a thesis yeah. There are plenty of unis that do non thesis options.

Is getting my masters in web dev worth it?

no

why not? They're going to teach us how to make websites and stuff

Spend $100,000 and 5-6 years of your life to do what you could learn to do on youtube in a few months. The only reason I'm pursuing my CS degree is for (((credentials)))

Because 2 years of experience is more valuable than a master's degree, and you would be up by over 200k in net worth.

Attached: 1557082683.png (742x1666, 174K)

I'm doing the same, but mostly so I become an actual software engineer and not just some dumb kode monkey. I want to stop being a plug and play bullshitter and actually build and architect good software.

Attached: gnubless.jpg (853x543, 58K)

That's not where most people will be getting jobs

Emacs is fucking retarded.

>move to California and get paid $200,000/yr and live in an apartment and ride a bike to work because can't afford a house or gas.

This. Have fun paying 1,000,000 to live in an ikea cubicle and still only be able to afford ramen.

You can easily afford both on 200k a year.

at my uni if you do non-thesis option you have to take a long oral examination and if you fail you can never retake. Is America retarded?

Because you get a lot more pussy and respect from men being a master tradesman

Wtf kind of Uni do you go to? i'm doing my uni non thesis and its just a graduate project instead of the thesis.

I assure you that nobody gives a single fuck if you did a masters and do not include your thesis title on your resume, or any publications.
You're just doing your Undergrad 2.0 at that point.

Im at a state school that recently became known for their cybersec dept. well anyway im in a post-bacc program where i take their entire undergrad in 1 year and then enter as a masters candidate with the thesis option, so im doing that

If the courses are anything like the ones needed for a BS, it'll involve a lot of conceptual shit and relatively little actual programming (that stuff is expected of you on your own time, but it's not like anybody can check)

Why are a lot of pajeets literal retards?

My school is making everyone take a class called minorities in science that goes over minorities and lgbt whatever that made "contributions" in science. Is my Uni a complete joke? This class sounds like total fucking waste of my time and money.

Clown world

i just missed an "intro to computing" class that they are going to make all incoming students take that talks about diversity in tech. is hard science in academia kill?

Attached: qgLUK4k.png (942x739, 93K)

Sounds like a cash grab. At least you just missed it. I never got why being in the college of science i needed to take retarded shit like theater 101. Complete waste of time and didn't learn a damn thing. I could have been at least taking basic CS courses with all the time wasted taking gen eds.

fortunately im completely in cs core stuff now, no gen eds or anything, just math and computers

>Better pay and more interesting jobs.
Only if you consider your job market to be the highly competitive ones like Google, MS, Facebook, etc.

People see BS -> MS and they ignore you because you don't have experience and went to school longer instead of working. Yes it's a big deal. Lots of people will flat out not hire you because they know you'll want more money despite having less real world experience.

I hope you did good internships.

graduate school usually has less credit hours per semester than undergrad, so its a nice setup for research/job experience while you are in school

Attached: 1553136875957.gif (2000x2000, 778K)

>t.vimlet

Its called Gedit fucking retard. Thats the truly based and redpilled option.

This is total bullshit, we hire MS all the time over BS because they actually know shit instead of just copy and pasting code. I can tell you've never worked a day of your life in the industry kid.

>I'm pursuing my CS degree is for (((credentials)))

Don't forget networking. Always chose a uni where professors have actual connections with the industry.

Texas Tech. It's what was closest.

>Not doing both
HAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

t. someone who isn't working or went to grad school. There's plenty of retards that can make by.

If you think MS will widen your job market you are very wrong and as I said I hope you did good internships because you're going to be very sad if you come out without anything to prove your real world experience.

Again, i can guarantee you've never worked a day in your life kid. We hire MS all the time so maybe it is time to go back to school instead of posting on here.

in 2 years i will have no debt, a masters degree in CS, and work experience as sysAdmin and/or helpdesk/internship am I in good shape with minimal work experience?

>t. boomer who think just cause you work hard you will get the good job etc.

Probably better off than most the people who just show up to class and don't do anything outside of class at all.

Would it still be advantageous to go get a masters after having been in the field for a few years?

If you're planning to stay with a current employer while going to school, yes. If you're planning on completely quitting and going to school, no.