Why aren't you using LMDE?

Why aren't you using LMDE?

Attached: linux-mint-logo.png (770x578, 135K)

Because it's shit

elaborate

Why should I use it over regular Linux Mint?

i prefer pic related

Attached: gentoo-logo.png (666x800, 119K)

It's against the state of Israel, our greatest ally.

just as easy to use as ubuntu/mint while also being closer to the source (debian)
less bloat
easier to replace systemd
trusted and well tested debian repos

Another dying/dead fork of a fork. This is why Linux is in a perpetual state of 1% desktop usage. Too much fragmentation.

Good question user, that would be because I'm using Arch, however LMDE is still a great Distro

I use lmde for work and its shit

Why should I use this over a Debian/Devuan net install?

Better DE

you know you can install other DEs after installing a distro right?

>Linux Mint
>dying distro
It may be a fork of a fork (or just a fork in the case of LMDE), but they are doing it well.

Attached: 1528446695962.png (262x304, 69K)

bullshit, distros and DEs are the same thing

b8

because I have Arch

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-05-22 09-19-36.png (1366x768, 1.52M)

LMAO

Because I am using Cinnamon Edition.

but lmde's flagship edition is cinnamon?

no its not. linux is in a perpetual state of 1% desktop usage because of it's lack of marketing and rightfully autistic public perception. normalfags don't give a shit about their freedoms so you have to have an easy to use, compelling product and shill it everywhere.

I am tho. Its not good looking by any means, but it works.

Definitely like wangblows more. Gonna experiment some more, have used anything linux since ubuntu 12.04 when it released.

Sorry, using cinnamon. But he, not the best looking.

And yes, shit should look good. It isnt enough to just "run good"

a distro doesn't look good or bad, a DE/WM and your configuration of it does. install many different DE/WMs and configure them well and see what you like

The regular Linux Mint Cinnamon looks just like W7 if you install the Minty theme (not New-Minty), and the Mint-Y icons (as well as Mint-Y Dark Window Borders and Control.

>Arch
>gnome
Might as well use ubuntu, at this point it's literally the same thing.

I'll try it out thanks.

Just saw deepin os. Shit looks pretty fucking good, like a cross between windows and mac os. Too bad its Chinese, so its probably spying like fuck.

Here's what it looks like to me. Ignore the Dissenter icon. I'm just trying it out. I don't really recommend it.

Attached: theme.png (1600x900, 1.13M)

ubuntu doesn't have AUR so I would have to manually compile or add some outdated ppa to install stuff I use

Yeah, here's my current est up. Nothing fancy, but eh, I'll live with it I guess

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-05-22 01-48-39.png (1366x768, 679K)

it doesnt have the colour blue

I've been dualbooting Mint for some school assignments in bash but I have absolutely zero idea what I'm doing

>systemd