Why don't these qualify as pop ups, and get blocked?

Why don't these qualify as pop ups, and get blocked?

Attached: firefox_ByKBwB00yq.png (1300x736, 440K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thinkwithgoogle.com/marketing-resources/monetization/adblock-report/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump

if you're using ublock then just block it yourself. it's not hard to do.

Back when popups were everywhere they’d open a new window. These are part of the page

>tfw you block the element, but unable to block the blurred/opaque overlay.
>fml

Just inspect the opaque overlay and add it to your block list

for that specific site as well as androidcentral I just selected the overlay and it removed the whole thing.

>tfw the site locks scrolling by putting all content in nested div boxes with overflow hidden

Attached: 1543386024076.gif (320x240, 1.99M)

Because it's not a popup? It's an overlay, and it's hosted on the site itself.

>pop up
It's a pop in actually

there's literally adblock filter lists for anti-adblock shit, just subsscribe to one of those

There's a separate list for those, look at your uBlock settings.

Because they don't pop up a new window, it's part of the site

Its DOM element with an in-front z-index, they cant stop everything maybe some people have legit use cases for it.

They're frequently used to be GDPR compliant, that's a legit use case.

>Congrats, by selecting the overlay you just lost the scrollbar.

they are easy to block. The way I do it is this. The ones that just try to make you feel bad by saying "do you want to unblock or proceed knowing youre getting our shit free", just click proceed and it wont bother you again. The ones where it blocks the content unless you stop using an adblocker, I just dont use the site. I block the site from searches and block the url. Same with the sites that say you can proceed but we want money if you dont let us show our ads, Whatever those sites are about I can get the info hassle free elsewhere

check out this gay
thinkwithgoogle.com/marketing-resources/monetization/adblock-report/

Most ads are hosting on a separate domain, the anti-adblock begging is hosted on the domain you're trying to view, so it's circumvented.

It's a pop over.

Most websites seem to load these popups and the GDPR scrollbar delete cancer about a second after the main content of the page is loaded, if you hit the "X" page load cancel button in your browser right after the text and images are loaded it will usually prevent the popup script from being able to activate.

Make sure you've enabled all of UBO's filter lists. There's one specifically for "turn off your adblocker" garbage, and some of the other lists catch many of those also

Honestly I don't even mind stuff like this. It's there for a second, making a somewhat legitimate request without actually really advertising me anything in particular, and I can make it go away with a single click.

It's the ones that try to force you to not use a blocker than piss me off. Half the time I don't even bother trying to block those and I just make the decision that I'm never going to use or recommend that site again.

block it with ublock origin

>XBOX Game
Just ctrl + w yourself.

I went to that website and I got no shit like your pic. Why aren't you using ublock origin already faggot?

>No one should like things I dont like!

>ublock + anti-adblocker on tampermonkey
heh, nothing personnel "journalist"

Because you're a fucking retard and should kill yourself.

Block the script, problem solved.

Who needs to use a scroll bar?

>It looks like you're using an ad blocker.
>We use ads to keep our content free. Please support us by whitelisting us.

Attached: annoyed.jpg (378x378, 31K)

Way to miss the point you dumb nigger

Stop blocking ads. They support the content creators you entitled incels.

I'll stop blocking ads when they stop using third parties to put up ads and sell my data. So never.

This.
I don't block ads per se. I block trackers, which 99% of ads contain.

Often because they're loaded locally, not third party and in elements that are not typical to ads.
Some filter lists target them specifically but it's more difficult as they can be easily individualized, unlike the ads delivered by ad networks.

>bitching about blocked ads using a copyrighted image from a major motion picture
I don’t have an image to reflect this hypocrisy. There is no fair use justification.

Does Jow Forums really not know how to whitelist domains and just allows all js to run on their first visit to a site?

Attached: ubo.png (3840x2033, 1.41M)

if nobody will pay you money directly and you have to violate people's privacy to make money, then you shouldn't be making money. Ad-supported anything deserves to go out of business.

it's probably a css filter. Just remove the class name from the element

People who want to read more than the first screenful of a thing.

doesn't happen on my machine, it just werks

stop browsing shitty websites then

Am I the only one that sees Shekelstein in that thumbnail?

I hardly use Ublock anymore and mainly it's because of the whole idea of having to spend more time than it takes to close out of an advertisement to manually block it on a webpage to compensate for my adblocking extension's inability to remove it automatically as it does with other popups..

over 42,000 domains blocked on my router

over 8,000 ip entries blocked on my router

over 67,000 domains blocked on the hosts files of my personal devices

ad-blocker in each browser on said devices with over 90,000 network filters in use

nothing gets through, not even anti-adblock stuff. it's fucking amazing.

KEK