Are password managers a meme...

are password managers a meme? sure they're convenient but I'm always wary about having my passwords stored online no matter how super mega ultra encrypted they are.

Attached: hacker.gif (320x180, 3.89M)

I don't trust them.

I have around 7-10 different passwords I use.
And combinations of them (adding numbers).
I remember them all.

Honestly, if you can't remember your passwords you are probably a brainlet.

You don't necessarily have to store them online

Just use KeePassXC
/thread

Attached: 1556549765720.png (600x450, 222K)

>Honestly, if you can't remember your passwords you are probably a brainlet.

and what are those 7-10 passwords? different combinations of l33tspeek mundane words with birthday dates for numbers? password managers are for people with about a 100 passwords with actual strong passwords consisting of about 40+ letters which are completely random with all sorts of special characters and numbers. good luck remembering that if you aren't a real autist but I guess I should expect nothing less of Jow Forums folk

Attached: 1556293135662.jpg (615x663, 42K)

oh and these btw, just store pws locally baka, who tf stores them online?

Use an offline password manager, like KeePass.

>actual strong passwords consisting of about 40+ letters which are completely random with all sorts of special characters and numbers
I have three of those. I remember one by hard, the other two are the ISBNs of two books I own with a phrase in between each number.

You don't need a manager.

I have:
1. Easy passwords for everyday use (forum accounts and so on), usually a phrase and a number.
2. Mid difficulty passwords for every day use, using random words and numbers.
3. Difficult passwords like you described for sensitive stuff.

I remember most of them by memory.
Even if you had like 100 passwords, you can store them into an encrypted txt. You don't need an actual password manager.
Stop being a faggot.

Don't save them online.
I'm using keepass some version don't remember.

Dude I have about 30 passwords.
Most of them are 20-40 characters. Here's an example: -o5/G\b8:i@dH&)igPF7*5tC$hjH3}

>I remeber most of them by memory
No you don’t

Just put them on the encrypted tab of your clipboard manager for convenient pasting.
And just memorize the critical ones.

>-o5/G\b8:i@dH&)igPF7*5tC$hjH3}
Using entirely special characters is just you making it difficult for yourself to remember

A good password is something like:
5Y6o7u8a4r8e4a8f9a0g7g4o~4t

A phrase+number, and random special character in between. It's easy to remember and difficult to crack. To a bruteforce program it makes no difference whether you using entirely special characters or not. It's just a character either way.

Get wrekt pleb

Attached: Infographic_Image_for_OnleyKey_Usb-02_2048x2048.png (2048x1736, 2.1M)

I wouldn't remember 30 such passwords either, especially since I use most of them twice or once a year or five.

store them on your own server you Perkeleen Vittupää.

Then you think this is a good password? 01001010100110100010100010001011

>missing the point this badly
No, of course not. The point is to use a range of different characters, it doesn't need to be all special characters. A phrase that uses several different letters, intersected with a random number, and a few uppercase and special characters is enough to stump bruteforcing.

ssing special characters is good, but you don't need everything to be special characters.

Then you could have an encrypted txt as I mentioned. There's nothing that justifies having a password manager imho. But to each his own I guess.

just store all ypur passwords in a gpg encrypted text file that you copy to all ypur devices

Offline passmanager (KeepassXC) with syncthing to sync the database across all your devices is the best way of using a password manager. Don't trust anything online like lastpass.

>you can store them into an encrypted txt
and then dencrypt it and store it in memory like a fag without other protection that a password manager could offer

>always wary about having my passwords stored online
Pass.
Keepassxc

I use bitwarden. I shouldn't store it online but I do. I'll probably switch to self storage once I obtain my ideal computing environment.

Are you mentally retarded or just a fucking idiot?

>he doesn't encrypt his RAM

i keep my passwords in my email. if that's compromised I'm fucked anyway when they reset the passwords

Take a look at Master Password, a password manager which is really underestimated. You don't even have to store passwords offline.

One of the myths surrounding it is that you can't easily change the password of a single site, but this is untrue since there's a simple number you can just increment.

My doggo manages my password. I ask him a secret question and he always gets it right. Like my password for my email:
barkbarkbarkhowlbarktailwagging

Don't post in my thread again

So, you have to open your email every time you want to log on to a site?

im always in my email anyway, but no i have the browser save my passwords and remember most of the rest so it's rare unless im on a dif device that i have to actually use it

I've moved to KeepAssXD and it's great. It's not just passwords, it also allows for autotyping and autofill, including browser and Android. It even generates one time keys and autotypes them, even on steam. This sole feature saves a lot of time and I don't have to find/charge my phone to authenticate.
Also if one of your passwords leaks, you only change that one without having to change all of them and learn a new one.

>It even generates one time keys
I sure hope you're at least using a seperate database for that. Keeping them both in the same database means if it's compromised you're fucked.

Using KeepAss on windows and linux
KeepAss2Android on phone
sync via my own server running nextcloud on digital ocean

should i switch to KeepAssXC?

>are password managers a meme?
more or less, because the only password that matters is your email's, since everything else can be reset (for your convenience, or an attacker's) from there

It's only steam and npm. Nothing serious.

>sync via my own server running nextcloud on digital ocean
My man!

You fucks suck, can't even remember 50 character passwords. I have 982 memorized.

>sync via my own server running nextcloud on digital ocean

Attached: 1533275308309.jpg (1280x720, 75K)