Previous thread
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: nomnom.jpg (408x600, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pryor.com/blog/eliminate-your-frustration-with-excel-time-formulas/
alternativeto.net/software/rufus/
launchy.net/
deviantart.com/mrc0rrupted/art/WinLaunch-0-5-1-0-Launchpad-for-windows-277763668
howtogeek.com/116163/the-best-application-launchers-and-docks-for-organizing-your-desktop/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What's Jow Forums's bump limit?

Attached: IMG_0102[1].jpg (4032x3024, 2.16M)

pls respond
>yah but what in a semiconductor sense? Like regarding embedded processors and the likes? >I hear the term getting used alot there as if it was referring to components

it's the design/manufacturing process of the components

Definitely a filter cap for one of the supply rails (), and the other one (next to it) looks like it's about to burst, too. By the looks of it, the thing doesn't even have a regulated PSU and it's feeding all the ripple to the opamps in the circuit. That fucker's gonna get completely toasted if you don't replace both capacitors. Looks like an absolute piece of trash though, so nothing of value would be lost.

it's an orange amp, I thought they were supposed to be good.
google says it filters out frequencies would that be literal sound? meaning it's giving me a bassier sound? because when I tried to play it I kinda felt like that was the case

>I thought they were supposed to be good.
Looks like cobbled together chinkshit. Unregulated supplies, underrated capacitors, FR-4 board, shit potentiometers, no-name opamps and an amplifier IC designed for cheap car stereos.
>google says it filters out frequencies would that be literal sound?
It filters out 60Hz ripple from the rectifier, which is in fact audible. What you're hearing is probably the opamps kicking into oscillation (Not good) when a certain amount of signal goes through them. Presumably you're not getting a permanent 60Hz hum because the amplifier IC is a single rail job and it feeds off the rail that's still got a half-working capacitor on it.

310 posts. Image limit is 150 images.
OP should've waited until the last thread was at page 9.

Attached: Dmv0xaqVAAIZByR.png_large.png (656x852, 100K)

>plug in Linux mint cinammon usb
>boot into it
>"Automatic boot in 10 seconds... 9 second..." etc
>gets to zero
>screen goes black
>nothing happens

whats going on? it works on my laptop, but not my pc.

Do screens cause eye cancer?
As I waste mist of my day on Jow Forums and jewtube this would be shit.

Reposting my call for help.

I have an HDD from ~2007 with some important old family files on it I want to retrieve. However, it keeps telling me i dont have permission to view them, or copy them onto my current PC.

I can manually change individual files but I can't figure out how to gain access to entire folders. please help

Attached: ss (2019-05-22 at 05.43.30).png (343x172, 4K)

Boot up a GNU/Linux live USB and retrieve the files using that.

My sister has a weird problem. We're both using Windows 10 and since a few days, she can't view Instagram stories on her browser anymore. It works fine on my machine.,and I've tried ruling out all kinds of reasons and I'm out of ideas.

I've tried other browsers with fresh profies and no addons.
I've tried disabling Windows firewall.
I've tried disabling Windows Defender.
I've cleaned the hosts file.

The weird thing is that it only affects instagram stories. Usual video postings, Youtube etc everything works. It must be something on OS level but I can't figure it out.

Well, I tried that but It won't boot LMC for some reason.

Does it have an Nvidia GPU? If so, try using Ubuntu.

No, it has an integrated gpu (2400g)

Welp, that explains it. Support for Ryzen APUs was added to the kernel very recently, Mint Cinnamon probably uses an older kernel. The latest release of Ubuntu (19.04) should boot up just fine.

how does it work? do i have to mount an iso on the usb like LMC?

Yes.

Not as far as we know, and screens have been around long enough for long term effects to become visible. If anything, CRTs would have been the ones to cause cancer, but I'm not aware of any evidence for it whatsoever.

What’s the cheapest way into using thunderbolt 3 eGPU

Attached: 7E754EAA-D1DC-467A-9776-6642934A4BF0.jpg (1536x2048, 716K)

can't run windows without CPU usage being locked at 100%. I bought this computer yesterday, it even does this when idling. My old computer was like this too. The fuck is it doing

Fresh install? May just be a miner if you pirated Windows.

what exactly is the context of your question? Why specifically does it concern you? The topic is too broad.

>ctrl+shift+esc
>look at processes tab
You tell us

I hate to give in to the dark side as a PC user but what's the deal with mac? I always thought there was some sort of solid argument against them but I don't know exactly what it is.
>they're expensive
ok whatever
>they are too easy to use?
not really an argument
>they're gay
c'mon

>if you buy a mac you can only use overpriced mac products with your device
true, but I feel like there's still a better argument against them than that

I'm not trying to mess with stuff or start anything, I'm just trying to understand. Is it some kind of ideological thing or what?

the total should add up to something like $76
1 hour should say $12
20 minutes should say $4
How do I get the formula to work here?

Attached: 1551104602136.png (476x228, 18K)

>I always thought there was some sort of solid argument against them but I don't know exactly what it is.
It's more the opposite, there is no good reason FOR them. If you want to throw money away on a highly-overpriced status symbol with some objectively stupid design choices, more power to ya.
Try running MacOS in a VM and using it for a while. That was all I needed to know I would never ever buy an Apple device.

>MacOS in a VM
where would I get the disk image for that?

nvm I found one, I thought mac locked everything down so it would be hard to find lol

Usually easy to find by doing 'hackintosh vm guide.' I recommend following one because you have to do some special VM fuckery, it's not straightforward like linux or bsd distributions.

>I recommend following one because you have to do some special VM fuckery
software fuckery is what i live for, I'll figure it out kek

I hope you report back your findings, heh. Wait until you use your scroll wheel for the first time...

What are you paying for?
>the hardware
lmao
>the OS
Use a hackintosh. A lot of people who don't like macs also hate macos for a variety of reasons, though.

Also, the price equivalently means that they're underpowered. For the same cost you could get something much better. Or if money is literally no concern then there are always ultra high end options that are even more expensive and vastly more performant.

What's the best RSS feed reader?
I'm considering Thunderbird since it has good feed support (everything gets added to your "inbox"), but I'm concerned that Mozilla may kill it like they did in Firefox.

Feedly is #1 on Google searches.

Attached: 1514573520161.jpg (716x716, 170K)

So I upgraded from an Android 7 rom to 9 and now Dashchan frequently crashes. The error is something about an invalid activity getting events. I tried multiple AOSP/Lineage based roms.
Did android change something there?
Is anyone else getting this?
Is there any kind of fix I could possibly pursue, other than either rolling back or diving into android development to debug?

screen has blue pixels all over in random places, signal to monitor sometimes goes out until it cycles "no signal" as of like 5 minutes ago

time to RMA the 1080 or what?

pryor.com/blog/eliminate-your-frustration-with-excel-time-formulas/

Need some help here

What is the best screen recorder on Windows?
Open source or paid it doesn't matter
I have i7-4720HQ hasswell and gtx950m 4gb
And tried programs like:
>bandicam
Lags in output video
>fraps
Didn't work at all
>Captura
Shits the bed and eat all my CPU usage
>dxtory
Shits complicated
Any help would be appreciated

use OBS, it's pants on head retarded easy

Wheres a good place to buy 18650 batteries cheap without getting ripped off? I need flashlight batteries.

I have a HP elitebook 830 G3. It's a business class laptop I guess. It has a 1080 screen and when I try to play big 4k video it stutters adn lags. I'm assumign this is because it has to transcode that to 1080 right? if I using an external 4k monitor it should be able to easily playback that 4k content because it does so natively right? Is the laptop strong enough that I could for example use a docking station, have 2x 4k monitors plugged in and run all three at once? Or just the one.

Attached: i0yjhzlbn1y21.jpg (865x866, 51K)

Amazon, duh.

please user im in need

Should I get a Novation Launchkey or M-Audio Oxygen? 49 keys

Attached: 81qndOQ3BQL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1003, 103K)

Sould I buy an HDTV and Soundbar and replay Bloodborne like I've wanted to for a while now or should I build my first PC and pirate all the vidya I want?

Attached: 1547023012148.jpg (1000x1000, 78K)

You should kill yourself immediately.

That was a serious answer...

Whats that AI thing which makes images very uncomfortable for humans to look at?

i must be fucking retarded because i'm missing something crucial here.
i'm trying to make a hotkey in autohotkey for Control Alt PageDown (the shortcut for toggling full screen in PCem), and this
Send ^!{PgDn}
doesn't work, and instead just makes the computer think i have the alt key held down for some reason. how the fuck do i fix this

that deep dream thing from google?

??????

Attached: 1549995776554.jpg (612x716, 313K)

No, it mashes images together in a way which makes it so that you can begin to make out objects but are never able to.

>autohottrash
You could start by not using this retard garbage.

What web browser should I use? My slightly more IT savvy friend fell for the retarded Brave meme and recommended it to me. Don't worry, I'm well aware of their faggotry.

What part of that was hard for your down syndrome addled brain to understand?

suggest something better.

how do I install ffmpeg?
so I hit the big green download button, cool, now it's sitting unpacked in my downloads folder
now what? the site documentation has absolutely no initial setup guides that I can find

image masher

Link?

Who hurt you user?

Attached: 1419321980284.jpg (900x900, 82K)

AutoIt

Try different ones and see which you like.

What tool should I use to make my old ass USB flash drive bootable? Rufus is just telling me to suck a dick.

Is there a F-Droid app that plays YouTube videos even in background?

Check this out homeboy:

alternativeto.net/software/rufus/

Luv from Brazil.

Just get ffmpeg.exe in the bin directory and put it in C:\Windows\

can I move all of a folder's contents into a new internal drive and make that the new folder?

rufus is the only one that hasn't given me problems or unrecognizable drives on boot,
maybe format your usb to something common like fat32 or just let it die

Yes. Why not?

Newpipe

how do i do it so that all the "optimization", debug, log, temp files etc (things that show up in disk cleanup) get sent to a different drive from my boot SSD?

Redpill me on spotify plz

I seriously love music but can't fucking afford a subscription just for music. What are the alternatives?

I have no problem downloading my music, in fact it would probably be better in the long run. But what, if any, clients could I use to make things a bit better in the long run?

I'll probably just use the default client for my phone, but what is there for linux?

Attached: 1552265561054.png (458x485, 312K)

Just finished my codecademy python course
Wat do i do now to continue learning py?

Bought a new laptop battery and it won't charge past ~80%, it'll just say "plugged in, not charging"

I've tried changing the setting in the bios from adaptive to primarily ac to standard and to custom but nothing works, I've uninstalled the battery driver, taken it out and turned it back on, etc but nothing works. Just got it today and it started out near dead so I charged it right away.

Anyone know a fix? On a Dell Inspiron 15-5555

How do I become a better data scientist?

I'm struggling to get noticed.

Attached: 1536349266504.png (1000x622, 412K)

I just have a Youtube playlist with Ublock and Youtube Nonstop extensions

go to github and read python programs written by competent people and figure out how they work

Just installed Windows 10. I have about ~270gb on an unused partition.I'd like to split that into two partitions, one for linux, and one for a shared storage partition that I can access from both operating systems.. will that work? What file system should I format them as?

Ok, how do i find competent python githubs?

are you fucking with me

go to explore, find python, arrange them however you want

spotify is fucking garbage
Pandora is the shit though. But you can't afford 10$ a month either way apparently so I don't know what I am saying this.

Im not fcking with you, ive never used github
Ok ill try it, thx

Tabs in Firefox for Twitch.tv are freezing completely seemingly at random. The only way to get back to a page is to close it and open a new one, as reload won't even process. I believe this to be related to my use of NoScript. This is an image of what I am currently enabling. Is there anything here I should allow or distrust?

Attached: tw01.png (733x517, 118K)

can i use an EATX mobo in a ATX pc case?, the screw holes are located in a pretty similar spot between the atx and eatx

Pic related. Yes, i'm a RGB brainlet

Attached: P_setting_000_1_90_end_500.jpg (500x500, 40K)

So did anyone ever found the solution for the captcha fucking with me everytime I set the new "Scroll Anchoring" to False on Firefox? Basically I need to set it back to True if I want to post in Jow Forums and then change it back to False if I want to see images, really fucking annoying.

foobar2000 and qbittorrent

>Firefox updates
>includes Scroll Anchoring
>fuck you up
>find a way to take it out
>find out this feature on about:config
>set it to False
>captcha stop working for some reason due to it
>somehow it fix itself after a week of suffering
>Firefox updates again
>captcha stop working again
FUCK, and no, clearing cookies, reinstalling or anything works.

soulseek I think it's called
if you're truly desperate you could just use yt-download to download stuff off youtube though

Any better alternatives to NoScript? I am sick of this shit crashing every fucking page.

>be on Windows
>have multiple programs for same kinda thing
>desktop icons cluttered with "duplicates"
Is there a way to put a sort of launcher-type meme on the desktop?

Currently all I know how to do is put a folder but it sucks because I then have to open the folder then launch the program by the shortcut and then it leaves the folder open. I want something more convenient if possible.

Like, title an icon Image Minipulation, and have me click it then it opens a small pop-up displaying what I put in there? (photoshop, raw editing sotware, gimp, bulk image tools, etc)

Aright bois I need some serious help. I was using ccmaker to get InDesign and that shit ain't working. It's asking for my account. I previously used it for photoshop and a couple others a while ago, which they work perfectly fine, why is it not working for indesign now?

Looking for a router that can handle gigabit, 10 gigabit hopefully. Building a router is fine as long as it's low-powered. What's good specs for pfsense? I hear mixed things such as that PC Engine apu board is not as good for it anymore.

Why does stallman use the term DRM its disingenuous and doesnt represent it well?

i have dwm on small laptop and its fine. however, on my work computer with 27" screen, single program taking100% is too much. is there a patch that would give me a small centered window if one program is in a tag, then regular full 50%:50% if second window appears?

what's wrong with using the start menu for its intended purpose or pinning programs to the taskbar? i'm not entirely sure what else you could want, maybe something like these:
launchy.net/
deviantart.com/mrc0rrupted/art/WinLaunch-0-5-1-0-Launchpad-for-windows-277763668
howtogeek.com/116163/the-best-application-launchers-and-docks-for-organizing-your-desktop/
?

I like how I can simply drag/drop icons on my Android into folders, and when I tap on a folder on the homescreen it pops open a little window containing the original icons. From there, I can tap the icon I want (open camera, stock camera, etc) and it doesn't leave anything open when it's done.

I basically want that on my desktop, nice and simple.

what do you mean by 'crashing'? if you're talking about websites not working because your script blocker is blocking scripts and you're too lazy to configure it properly, maybe you shouldn't use a script blocker.
anyway, most people use umatrix + ublock origin over noscript these days, but umatrix is even more difficult to configure than noscript.

check the second link i have posted. pic related

Attached: 2019-05-23_103726_1558600646.png (1087x817, 947K)

Umatrix?
Turns out it doesn't work with 2019 but it worked just fine on 2018
Distrust Amazon son, though that won't fix it, but it's good to distrust that URL anyway less tracking