How do you guys organize your image collection?

How do you guys organize your image collection?
Is Hydrus really the best way?

Attached: 1550022012515.png (371x353, 148K)

As far as I know hydrus is the only image manager. But it has many short comings and lack of features yet to to implmented

There are others but I am still looking for something like Hydrus just more mature and not so noticeably hacked together.

Too bad.
I like idea of hydrus but it seems clunky and hacky.

A consistent directory/file naming scheme.
I also have Hydrus installed, but I only find it useful to quickly show all my NSFW stuff.

>A consistent directory/file naming scheme.
Breaks apart really quickly if you grow to a certain number of images or just a certain degree of complexity.

>A consistent directory/file naming scheme.
There's no one hierarchical structure that really works for a large image collection compared to tag system.

how does hydrus break apart?

I wasn't refering to Hydrus but to
>A consistent directory/file naming scheme
But god knows Hydrus has it's own set of problems.

Hydrus doesnt have parent and siblings for images like in boorus, instead you have to tag a set of images then tag it with a numbered order, then sort by set and then order.

Also it doesnt have funtions for the image downloader so you can change the tags names that gets fetched.

No simple drag box to select images

UI not userfriendly and looks outdated

They should add something like in google search where you type something in and it fills it in automatically with a recommendation such as "penis" when you type in "pe" in the tag management

Problems with externally opening the images with your own image viewer

so many things to improve on

Honestly thought about rewriting it from scratch to fix these kinds of issues because trying to fix it's source code would end up replacing the code base.

I'm not saying it's a perfect system for everyone, but it works for me. Someone with 100k images will definitely look for a better solution, but I don't need anything more extensive for my 10k pictures.

You can add parent/sibling relations and if you type in the tag search box, it shows all tags which start with the typed text. It just doesn't autofill. You need to select it from the list of recommendations.

im not talking about parent or siblings for the tags, im talking about for the images, if I wanted image 1, image 2, image 3, for image 1 to be the parent, image 2 and 3 to be the sibling that is connected to image 1.

>I'm not saying it's a perfect system for everyone, but it works for me. Someone with 100k images will definitely look for a better solution, but I don't need anything more extensive for my 10k pictures.
How? If I want to get all images by an artist they would need to be in directory.
But then if I want all images with a dog, which includes some from that artist how do I do that?

omg is that aqua????

Attached: 1537022837218.jpg (606x480, 63K)

I don't care about artists, so that makes things easier.
Of course there are instances, where a picture fits several categories, in which case I use the most fitting category (i.e. in which context will I need to find this image most likely?). For example I rather put a reaction image like in my reaction image directory than in my Konosuba directory.

It's actually a boy.

Attached: 249821.jpg (225x350, 27K)

That's a big limitation for me.
An image having 2+ categories that are not contained within each other is a certainty.

Again, I'm not saying it's a perfect system for everyone, but I'm most comfortable with it. I know pretty much all the images I have by heart and I find them faster by knowing where they are in my directory structure than searching for their specific tags.

I just dump them all in a folder called 'Reactions' and when I come across a pape move it to 'Wallpapers' folder.

post more male aquas user

>what are hardlinks

Now you're just recreating tag system in a horrible clunky way.