Is wireless charging a meme?

I don't see the benefits over cable charging, you can't even use your phone.

Attached: DOCK.jpg (500x500, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iCaQLnR7B10
youtube.com/watch?v=_N98oGPv5bE
youtube.com/watch?v=p1R6WX-eZI8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No benefits, literally just a meme

Why would you need to use your phone while sleeping?

No physical wear on a connection point, able to create a fully sealed device with no points of ingress, faster to drop on a pad than plug in.

>No benefits
wrong as hell.
copper is pretty soft, so they have to strengthen the copper used in ports and cables with beryllium, which is toxic as fuck.
even so, charging ports wear out quickly... you ever notice it's usually the first thing to shit the bed on your phone?

>he only charges his phone when he sleeps
Must be nice

why would you not just plug it in

if you didn't buy garbage chinkshit you wouldn't have to charge your phone every hour or so.

You'd be surprised how good battery life is without google play services

Pls recommend me the best phone for battery life on the market
Doesn't that cause problems for other apps?

Apps that rely on it for notifications and other things will have problems, but if you can live without those apps it's worth it just for the battery life, even ignoring the privacy benefits

>come home
>set phone down
>leave anywhere
>phone is fully charged

I guess it looks nicer than having a charging cord stick out of your wall at all times like I do.

not if you use lightning, that port is literally unbreakable

The medium to high tier chinkshits have the highest battery life out of all phones though

Charging pad utility scales exponentially with the number of charging pads. If you have a pad in your car, one by your bed, and one at work; you can go the entire life of your phone without plugging it in once. With two or three pads your battery will rarely be below 80%.

get one of those magnetic cables and you'll never have issues with your port breaking again.

qi charging pads are bundled everywhere my car, my monitor, my desk, my work.

its stupid not to use them. my next phone it would be a requirement along with headphone jack

the only problem with this is that you can't use it while it's charging. So if you're doing something demanding or need to do it now, while simultaneously needing to charge, you'll have to plug it in.
There are merits to wireless charging though, as you mentioned. It just isn't a 100% use case, just a 95% one :D, which is good enough i suppose.

No physical wear or slow inefficient charging. Pick one.
Other points you got are pointless. Marginal difference and dont matter at all in the real word use cases.

You can get a new port if old one wears out after x years. Electricity wasted and pads cost more. Pad charging will always lose to a cable with big margins.

Cable
Come home
Set phone down

You are obsessed (tunnel vision) or mental. Pad is big and phone has to be placed. Cable can do the same. Get a USB stand where you can drop your phone and it plugs in. Then grab it when done.

>can't use it while it's charging
You don't seem to understand. If it's always charging when you're not holding it, it'll always be near fully charged. If it's sitting on the charger at 80% of whatever, just fucking use it. Pick it up, text or whatever, then put it back on the pad. Get in that rythm and it'll always be charged.

>you ever notice it's usually the first thing to shit the bed on your phone?
No because I'm not a clumsy fuck

You can offer charging in public places with less risk of vandalism.
Less wear on the physical port.
You can put it in a place where you know you'll leave the phone for extended periods of time.

I'll take slow, inefficient charging over no charging.

That wouldn't be a problem if charging pads didn't charge so slow. Cable charging can go from 10% to 60% in 15 minutes, so I don't need to shit charging pads all over the place.

Note 9?

The real question is....
HOW DOES IT WORK
How can it send a signal to my phone that makes the battery go up? Is it magic?

moving magnetic field

Pretty useful in a car, for example or if she calls.
You don't have to unplug/untangle shit and then replug.

>put phone on the charging mat instead of fumbling to find a charger
>go to sleep

>picking up your phone to talk while driving
Just get a bluetooth earpiece

>needing to unplug to answer a call
You're doing it wrong

Is this you?
youtube.com/watch?v=iCaQLnR7B10

Magnetic fields are essentially magic, but basically electric current creates a magnetic field and magnetic fields create electric current, so if you have something producing magnetic fields with something attuned to receiving those magnetic fields you can pass current

One more device to charge
No thanks, loudspeaker it is

CONS:
- Uses more power / makes more heat
- Can't use phone while it's charging

PROS:
- No wear to the port
- Eventually, phones can be fully sealed and have no ports at all
- Newer, it's the way of the future
- No wires, do everything wirelessly

So, you see, overall it's a win.

You cant pick one with wireless only you get both. Trick question.

So slow charging that you have to stop or it runs out.

besides a massive loss in efficiency I don't see what the big whoop is.

unironically yes

it's as if phones with wireless charging dont have a usb port to charge them with a cable when needed.

you people are so fucking retarded that having a choice is somehow considered a "meme".

Why don't laptops have wireless charging yet?

My charging port broke on my old phone, so it was the only way I could charge it. Pretty useful just for that reason

Attached: 1556063347903.jpg (452x756, 43K)

I can actually sympathize with this because my last phone actually had a pozzed charging port that would only work with one cable. I was on a work trip so ordering a new port wasn't really an option. If I lost that cable I would have been fucked, I was pretty much living life on the edge for a couple weeks.

>wireless charging
>the dock is connected with a wire
I mean come on why do you need the middleman foe charging your phone

Attached: 41f568ea9ce684253af465c459dde22f--rutger-hauer-blade-runner.jpg.jpg (236x237, 9K)

*slow clap*

It's more convenient, I have several pads all over the house and at my desk at work and when I go somewhere there's a pad I can put down to top off my phone. In the kitchen making food? Drop it on the pad. In the living room watching TV? At work? Etc. Battery life is literally a non-issue for me.

>less efficient, more power consumption
>marginal benefits but looks cool
"technology" of the current year.

There are wireless charging powerbanks tho

>Cant leave my phone to a charger for 30min.

Cable powerbanks are better. Modded back with bigger battery is even better. User removable battery could be 3rd option if phone manufacturers gave a choice. (They wont. Sells less units because they are not as consumable as hard to fix fragile phones that are easier to consume.)

Eh

It's cool in cars because some come with it built in

Some slot games have it on the machine and thats pretty cool too

Would I buy a dock? No

Removable batteries that could be wireless charged would be best.

>Cant leave my phone to a charger for 30min
I can but I don't have to, that's why I said it was a convenience you idiot.

Id say the negatives outweight the positves, but ive seen aorports that deploy wireless charging stations. I guess that makes it easy to give free charging to everyone without the hassle of stolen/non-matching cables. I assume most people bring charges when traveling but it skips the stress of having to unpack and pack it

I kinda expected them to be everywhere after iPhones got them, in cafes, shopping centres, etc. but they're nowhere.
Hopefully this happens in the future? Pic and video related.
youtube.com/watch?v=_N98oGPv5bE

Attached: 1528486027216.jpg (768x432, 44K)

slower charging rate does not damage the battery

that video is cringe. Looks like current tech integrated with 80s aesthetic

it's convenient, loser. wireless charge in car is absolute must. having a few pads around the house is great too.

Because it's scifi and future-y looking. Also your phone can charge other devices if it has reverse wireless charging.

You telling me that your battery does not last a full day in heavy use. Sucks to be you. I plug in once a day for 90minutes and get enough juice for a full day in heavy use.

Set your phone down on it when not in use and it’s always at 100%

Phone?

This
It is nice. Stop buying samshit and ifag machines

3:15
youtube.com/watch?v=p1R6WX-eZI8

>tfw laying in bed right now phoneposting
>don't need to worry about dozing off and forgetting to charge it because it's already charging
Max comfy

Attached: 1556169852803.png (1000x761, 65K)

where in my fucking post do I even mention my average battery usage you fucking mong? something convenient doesn't make it a necessity. i charge my phone overnight and that's all it needs. doesn't mean it isn't convenient to not have to fuck around with wires like a fucking tool when i want to charge it, especially my car.

Not a meme. It allows the phone companies to get rid of that pesky data port.

Also with cars the convenience is real.

Attached: wireless-charging.jpg (1200x800, 254K)

>fully sealed device
Why should anyone give a shit about this

It's only good for topping up the battery when you're on the move.

Basically for in a car.
Otherwise use quick charging

the thing with samshit phones where you can put your wireless memepod case on top of the phone and charge them seems pretty sweet but for charging the phone itself, no benefits