Watch General

Normal Watches / Smart Watches / Fitness Watches

Post what you use

Post what you want to use

Ask questions about them

Give answers

Attached: smart watch.jpg (3822x2150, 567K)

Mi Band 3, works okay on iOS surprisingly enough, doesn't work with apple fit all that well. For $30 I'll take it.

whats going on in smart watch buyers head
im really intrigued to know

Attached: 1.jpg (960x720, 80K)

I really wanna know why some people are so autistically defiant and insist people can't do things different to what they like

i am using a garmin forerunner 235 for sports and a regular watch for everyday use but i am kind of sick of this solution.
is there a smart watch that combines sport features (gps without phone, heart rate monitor, sync with strava) but also looks like a regular watch? i am grateful for any recommendations

>looks like a regular watch?
What do you mean by this?

Like the whole design of it?

or to be able to have an analog face on the screen?

I have a casio edifice the very cheap one because it's just a watch and it doesn't need to have 20 functions and a moon cycle measuring unit or whatever. Fuck chronographs

Attached: EF-125D-2AVEF_600x600.JPG.jpg (600x600, 48K)

for starters, i would be happy if there was a smart watch which is not huge, bulky and does not have a military "rugged" sport asthetic or simply looks like a cheap apple watch rip off

The other day I upgraded my F91W with a cool nato strap

Probably look into Fossil smart watches, and maybe a Samshit Galaxy or a WearOS watch with the biggest battery

regular watches: can tell the time for years on a single "charge", look asthetically pleasing, will increase in value over years

fitness trackers: can track fitness

smart watches: can tell the time for a few days-weeks, look like retarded childrens' toys, will decrease in value / simply stop working after some time, fail at tracking your fitness because of bad heart rate sensors, gps sensors etc.

I'm unequivocally supporting the idea that you don't need to spend thousands for a good watch. Sure, the timeless designs of some well known brands like Omega or Rolex are incredible, and I may opt for those eventually, but if you find a good watch for a faction of the price that makes you happy, then by all means do it.

What I use right now, cost me €150, best watch I've ever worn. It just werks.

Attached: 20181119132506_seiko_classic_three_hands_sur275p1.jpg (841x1200, 247K)

The closest you will get is either the Garmin vivomove HR or one of the Withings models with HR. None of which has dedicated GPS.
The Garmin supposedly you can squeeze about 2 weeks out of with passive use, and a couple of days if you are constantly using all the fancy features and exercise a lot.
I personally have a Withings Steel HR since it had the superior battery life of ~1 month and it looks less like a sports watch.
Their app doesn't directly have Strava support I think but it has IFTTT support, so probably there is a routine to export shit to Strava.

Hopefully one of these companies will create one with dedicated GPS

Attached: GW-M561OBA-1JF.jpg (800x800, 147K)

I have a Garmin 935, you can switch the face UI to however you want.

Attached: downloadfile.png (500x600, 378K)

>regular watches: can tell the time for years on a single "charge", look asthetically pleasing, will increase in value over years
Those are quartz watches. Quartz watches dont increase in value over time.

The Gear S3 Frontier LTE. It has an integrated SIM I believe and works okay.

And AE-1300WH, which is almost the same, just strap made out of resin

Smart watches are cool, but I feel like I'd start using my phone more, so I'd like to avoid that.
And those sports/sleep/etc stats seem kind of gimicky.

Attached: 1624kw1rqxb11.jpg (2940x2795, 3.68M)

I want a watch with atomic time keeping and that wont be destroyed after a week of wearing at work. Don't care how much or what it looks like but prefer it to have a second hand or digital second time.
Insight appreciated

Thinking pic related

Attached: chan.png (401x510, 303K)