Reminder that if NewPipe would have been written in the bloated and RAM hungry Electron...

Reminder that if NewPipe would have been written in the bloated and RAM hungry Electron, it would work on desktop as well.

Attached: ballmer.jpg (150x150, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com
tonvid.com/info.php?video_id=27MeI22fWc4
github.com/ytdl-org/youtube-dl/releases
mpv.io/installation/
github.com/MrS0m30n3/youtube-dl-gui
github.com/FreeTubeApp/FreeTube
github.com/jgreco/mpv-youtube-quality
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Looks like kids don't know what Java is.

reminder that you should already kys fgt

Plenty of video players on desktop can play videos from youtube directly.

just use SMTube

what'd you need NewPipe on PC for?

Just use youtube-dl

Why would you want that?

this

Show me one, as good as newpipe you faggot, not some command line mpv | faggotry

invidio.us

SmTube+Youtube-dl+Mpv

fuggg :DDDDD

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-23 at 14.37.13.png (1231x782, 271K)

youtube.com is right here

fpbp

We have youtube-dl on the PC.

surf + invidio.us

invidio.us is awesome and super light compared to YT, the problem is unlike YT, when i drag/paste links, it doesn't stream them on MPC-HC/BE

JFYI

You can enable this dark theme/icon instead of that atrocious default vista-era theme

Attached: DARK.png (1213x549, 70K)

tonvid.com/info.php?video_id=27MeI22fWc4

Attached: 1530602709605.jpg (3264x2448, 1.61M)

It doesn't work for me, ran it in PlayOnMac. But I found tonvid.com so there's that.

Attached: 1530539471666.jpg (800x455, 107K)

don't mpc-be and the mpc-hc fork support youtube-dl? i think out of the box they only support 'real' youtube.com links.
i tried iinvidios and it works fine in mpv with youtube-dl and the openwith extension as well as dragging the link (not the thumbnail) into the mpv window.
if you're on windows, just copy the youtube-dl.exe into the mpc-be/hc folder (update manually when it stops working) or switch to the shinchiro mpv build, which comes with youtube-dl as well as an updater for youtube-dl.
github.com/ytdl-org/youtube-dl/releases
mpv.io/installation/

Attached: 2019-05-23_160414_1558620254..webm (1440x1284, 2.15M)

Just use invidious

It doesn't show a regular youtube style subscriptions feed, so it's worthless. Stop making threads about half-assed FOSS meme garbage, nerd. Everyone the posted before me is a retard.

What you want is
github.com/MrS0m30n3/youtube-dl-gui

Runs on PC only

Google Chrome on youtube.com

That was very helpful user, thank you!

So FreeTube?
github.com/FreeTubeApp/FreeTube

Forgot pic

Attached: freetube.png (1411x1123, 927K)

potplayer can

So cool, thanks user!

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-23 at 16.37.36.png (829x552, 89K)

VLC

Use IINA. It can stream videos from multiple sites, YouTube included.

Those using mpv, how can I make it so that it only streams 720p/1080p h264 videos from youtube? By default it takes in the highest res vp9 files

Install `anbox-git` (AUR), `anbox-image` (AUR) (or `anbox-image-gapps` (AUR) if you want to include Google's Apps and houdini), `anbox-modules-dkms-git` (AUR) and `anbox-bridge` (AUR).

Start/enable the following services:

anbox-container-manager.service

You must execute `anbox-bridge` every time before starting `anbox` in order to get network working in anbox.

Now, you can run the android applications on your desktop's launcher on Other category.

Youre right, it's actually better then nu-youtube because it still shows view count and upload time.

Attached: Screenshot_20190523-101331_NewPipe.jpg (1080x2220, 796K)

try this script if you don't want to bother doing it yourself:
github.com/jgreco/mpv-youtube-quality

if you don't want to use the script or if it doesn't work, this might help: i had this commented in my mpv.conf, i think it's basically what you want, but may need to have more specific options.
ytdl-format=bestvideo[height

Can't you just compile android shit for PC?

Attached: .jpg (474x474, 26K)

my, my, didn't know vlc can do that. shit, is there something it can't do apart from playing animus without a problem?

you can emulate it. i don't think you can just compile it like that, though.

I have no special insight into android development but I've seen quite a few "dev builds" of android applications for PC.
I'm assuming it isn't that hard. I could be wrong.