How do they make money?

how do they make money?

Attached: index.jpg (225x225, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

donate.mozilla.org/
assets.mozilla.net/annualreport/2017/mozilla-fdn-2017-fs-short-form-final-0927.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

donate.mozilla.org/
sage

by selling your data and pretending they are not

they live solely through donations?

tranny reassignment surgeries patreon donations

google as default search engine

Hello Brendan Eichs Indian shill how is life in Mumbai?

Kys retarded poojeet

assets.mozilla.net/annualreport/2017/mozilla-fdn-2017-fs-short-form-final-0927.pdf

Jews.

google search money

Certain organizations "donate" in order to get "services" from them.

progressist money laundry

i think they still get yahoo money as well

By making google the default search on a browser that isn't botnet like google's own (after you change the default search engine)

google, microsoft and others pay them to get their search engines on the options. google pays them more because it's the default.

You see, firefox is open source, which means if you wannna claim there's a backdoor in it, you should be able to prove it.
But if I say there's a backdoor in chrome, you can't prove there's not.

Attached: 994571728.jpg (1536x2048, 315K)

gibs

There are wholly open source versions of chrome tho

By making it easier for users to use certain search engines (Google, Duckduckgo, Bing etc. all pay for the privilege of being default there) and also by advertising some news sites in the default new tab.
They are also active in other parts of tech and research, they have an alternative to gmaps iirc and they probably make some money out of it, else than that, donations, but the foundation is not for profit, so they only need the money to pay the employees and their costs.

Google being the search engine
That pocket botnet
Ads on the new tab page
donations

/thread

That still report to google.

Reminds me of

Attached: 11975-ubuntu_at_best_buy_550.jpg (550x723, 54K)

>Open Source
It's shit. You want Free Software.

By being useful.
Mozilla is not just firefox.

>keming

Richard pls go home

But is it feasible for one person to audit the code before the next update makes changes to it? I read somewhere that chrome has like 20+ millions LoC. Presumably the same goes for Firefox. If that's the case, it might as well be closed source

Sorosbux

They get most of their funding from George Soros.

Who cares about shekels, that DVD made it more accessible after all.

This
You also have to think for a second in the early 2000s not everyone had fast internet as most was still on dial-up nor did everyone have a burner to make install media
Of course nu-Jow Forums just sees a price on what is "free software" and has an aneurysm over it because they don't actually understand the purpose of free software

One person doesn't write the code when they completely overhaul major parts of it either.
It would take a conspiracy on the scale of the [sarcasm] global warming hoax [/sarcasm]

Irrelevant. If you can't audit the code yourself then you have to place your trust in someone who can. The question is why you would trust those auditors over someone else. It's just a matter of faith at that point which renders the concept of anyone being able to audit the code pointless. That concept works with smaller software that adheres to the unix principle of doing one thing well, not to modern crap browsers or shit like systemd

Google funds them. It's not a secret.

They don't make money from me anymore. Fucking disabling every addon I use...

They went the way of Microsoft.

Attached: addons.jpg (629x275, 47K)

>Old addons don't work on revamped versions.
>Absolutely shocking.
>A year's notice to find alternatives and a year gone by to get the fuck over it.
Only a shill would still be clinging to this talking point.

>only a shill
Do you me recommending an alternative? Pleb.

I liked how my machine worked. It stopped working the way I wanted because they forced an 'upgrade'. Fuck them.

by selling data to glowniggers

The only way to make sure your machine works the way you want it to is to stop interfacing with the web

Affiliate marketing through estrogen pills. They have a 100% captive market.

They live off of the donations of big corporations. In return they lie about making "useful changes" with every next update but rather break stuff, make all kinds of anti-tracker or anti-ad plugins less effective and ruin people's personal settings regarding ads.

>Do you me recommending an alternative? Pleb.
yikes. disgusting esl

>how do they make money?
1. accept donations
2. spend all money on travel, diversity, and womens
3. ???
4. profit

by sucking Google dick by making Google default search engine

yeah, and you can see in the code that it reports to Google and relies on closed-source binaries

One person didn't write systemd either, you doorknob.