JUST

Is it a good time to buy Nvidia stock?

Attached: image.jpg (640x1136, 262K)

It's not a TERRIBLE time, especially if you think their new GPUs will BTFO AMD's offerings.

Historically they peaked at around $275/share, so $145/share is certainly in the middle of their historic share prices.

If you think AMD will launch first and potentially look competitive, you could keep waiting and hope they drop below $130-120/share, but it's a gamble.

>>Jow Forums

Never buy stocks because you like the company.

buy btc u stupid shit

Attached: 1530796440677s.jpg (249x239, 6K)

It's never a good time to buy a graphics card for gayming

lol

Supposedly the reason they're dropping is they bet big on the China HPC market and China didn't want anything they had to offer. Combine that with underwhelming RTX adoption and it explains the loss in confidence that would cause a drop in share price.

Its a scam, people buy just to dump it on you at higher prices

Yup, it shouldn't be any long-term drop as they have tons of other prospects going forward.

7nm GPUs wont be too long.

>If AMD will launch first

God I'd hope AMD could put out one generation of cards before Nvidia puts out a second generation. Navi was supposed to go up against Turing, not whatever Nvidia comes out with next.

They keep delaying so it was a bit tongue in cheek and I don't ACTUALLY expect Nvidia to release 7nm first.

>Supposedly the reason they're dropping is they bet big on the China HPC market and China didn't want anything they had to offer. Combine that with underwhelming RTX adoption and it explains the loss in confidence that would cause a drop in share price.

They also peaked because of the mining craze and were crazy overvalued because of it. With it gone (and RTX selling like AIDS), the only obvious direction is down, at least until they get their shit together and release another desirable GPU again.

AMD is making headway in the server and HPC markets in China according to most sources, so if that's true, they'll have a good deal more money to throw at accelerating r&d on their GPUs. That won't have any effect on Navi, but it should benefit whatever the next GPU is.

You have no idea how long R&D actually takes if you think it will have ANY bearing on the next GPU after Navi. Maybe whatever comes in 2-3 generations, but it takes YEARS for those effects to trickle down to the actual released consumer GPUs.

The next architecture is likely already laid out, but more money is still beneficial for testing and validation and driver/firmware development. More money means more samples and the equipment for testing if they're so inclined. I'm not saying to expect miracles because just throw more money at it, but it could reduce the time to the next architecture by a few months assuming they don't have some catastrophic flaw in the chip design.

If Nvidia kept selling GTX 1080 TIs this wouldn't have happened.

Nvidia is an awesome company, normies don't know fucking anything

The first time I moved from using Fraps to Nvidia Shadowplay I realized Nvidia is the real life pied piper. Their compression tech is A+

>Dead cat bounce
>Is it good time to buy
If you wish to get rid of your money

Nvidia is a pretty safe option, small chance they will never go above the current pricepoint ever again.
It's not just the GPU's for them after all, they're also working on self driving cars and AI, etc.
They're not likely to crash and burn.

consumer graphics cards are about to die, custom single purpose silicon will be computing units of our children and grandchildren

Why's the new stock app so shitty

No, always buy high and sell low.

why didn't I buy AMD at $3...