Intel and their disregard for security over speed is fucking ludicrous

Intel and their disregard for security over speed is fucking ludicrous.

>meltdown and spectre spotted in the wild
>people are abusing these vulnerabilites to get root access in less than 3 minutes
youtu.be/rKncAFAShkQ

Honestly can't wait until researchers find RIDL and ZombieLoad in the wild.

And even with disabling hyper threading , applying your microcode, and reducing the speed of your chip by 8%-600% YOU ARE STILL VULNERABLE.
Fuck Intel and fuck glowniggers.
Fuck Intel and their thousands of undocumented and hidden commands reserved for CIANiggers.
If you think you're safe, you're not. The only way to be sure you are safe is to get a new chip.
I've been unemployed for a while but soon as summer is over I'll be getting a new rig. AMD, Debian GNU+ Linux.
Fuck MicroJew.

Attached: InShot_20190523_000601168.jpg (2898x1920, 609K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zdCi_r_lm7o
searchsecurity.techtarget.com/news/252434342/Meltdown-and-Spectre-malware-discovered-in-the-wild
community.spiceworks.com/topic/2109875-meltdown-spectre-malware-is-here-researchers-spot-100s-of-samples-in-the-wild
msspalert.com/cybersecurity-news/meltdown-spectre-vulnerability-malware-fortinet-report/
techspot.com/article/1850-how-screwed-is-intel-no-hyper-threading/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

fo mama LISA.
you tell them OP.

Attached: 1515009887806.jpg (1024x1024, 81K)

>Fuck Intel and fuck glowniggers.
BASED AND REDPILLED

Attached: 1536694146733.png (1200x800, 164K)

Every day I contemplate getting ryzen next upgrade more

>tl;dr, so didn't read
>see link to youtube video
>think, this shit must be interesting
>watch video, skip to end
>still don't know what to make of it becuz don't know shit about hacking or Linux
>oh well, fuck it. Looks like Intel BTFO kind of thread so...

Fuck yeah op. Fuck Intlel.

Oh shite. Where’s all those people saying these vulns were too complicated to be used effectively? Should I trash my incel powered thonkpads? Or will I be good with just disabling hyperthreading?

the current state of Jow Forums

Stop derailing. If you don't have something bad to say about Inlel, don't say anything at all.

>can't read
>can't watch a fucking 1:30 minute clip end to end

what the fuck dude, get some help.
Your attention span is unhealthy.

I'm on Jow Forums for a reason.

the current state of user

>reducing speed of a chip by 600%

kek

Intel is so fucked up it's going to have to steal performance from the last CPU you ever had in order to be safe. Not even kidding actually. If you have other Intlel cpu's in your house, using them instead won't work. You'll still have to patch to be safe.

the'yre shills sand liers.
all of these can be deployed using javascript. Even the meltdown attacks. And that's what we know, it's been published, who the fuck knows what truthfully smart people have been using them for in complete obscurity.
If what we know publicly is somewhat concerning then the truth behind the scenes is beyond anodda shoah.

sir delid dis post

>Even the meltdown attacks.
So even AMD is not safe? What do? Spend thousands on Talos II Power9 system?

AMD is exposed, but it's not as fucked as Intel is.
At a bare minimum AMD prioritized security over speed.

sir please to do the needful and remove this post!

>I've been unemployed for a while
every amd user ever, just go to your local scamcenter rajeesh

kek
based

Buying modern AMD CPUs won't get you anything. They're exposed to these vulnerabilities too. If you want be safe for sure the best choice are netbooks with Intel Atom N 270, Atom N 550 or AMD E-350 and E-450 CPUs.

After this all blows over, their performance will drop and be on par with AMD processors

Then all you'll need to do is compare the price and AMD will be the go to option

I've heard that Zen 3 (Ryzen 4000) will be immune to these vulnerabilities at a hardware level. Anyone know if this is true?

>At a bare minimum AMD prioritized security over speed.
Based AMD, Intelfags enjoy your AIDS speed holes.

AMD is infinitely safer than Intel. They're only vulnerable to a few attacks while Intel is vulnerable to all.

>meltdown and spectre spotted in the wild
>people are abusing these vulnerabilites to get root access in less than 3 minutes
Source?
I'm interested

>Spectre and meltdown in the wild
IT BEGINS

Attached: 1438219596651.gif (250x167, 483K)

He is talking out of his ass
Spectre and Meltdown have only been exploited in canned demos atm

Dammit I was really hoping it was happening for once

>AMD is immune by design
you cant make this shit up

>somebody gets a root acces over a fucking nuclear plant or something equally dangerous because intel jewed on security

Just another wannacry except it's a hardware problem this time.

America already did this to Europe years ago.

youtube.com/watch?v=zdCi_r_lm7o

Attached: 1542027477262.png (807x745, 205K)

>endless vulnerabilities
check
>highest priced cpus on the market
check
>security patches nerf IPC and clock speed
check
>dirty tactics, unethical business practices, bullying and threatening THEIR OWN clients and customers
check
Intel should be studied by economics and business and majors for a prime example of how NOT to run a company.

Intel is as jewish as it gets. Don't make the mistake of thinking they weren't aware of these flaws. There is ZERO doubt in my mind engineers were aware of these flaws, told executives, execs said dont talk about it and hopefully no one will notice. AMD, being the underdog literally can not afford to make such glaring mistakes. Intel has room for failure, AMD doesn't.

Oh fuck me, not even a week into it and script kiddies are already deploying exploits. Fuck Intel.

Attached: GOD-DAMMIT.webm (960x396, 1.76M)

"Sounds to me like Intel is accelerating their business...to the grave."
Absolutely positively based

searchsecurity.techtarget.com/news/252434342/Meltdown-and-Spectre-malware-discovered-in-the-wild
>inb4 old

Why are you pretending you care about unethical business practices? You don't.

See

community.spiceworks.com/topic/2109875-meltdown-spectre-malware-is-here-researchers-spot-100s-of-samples-in-the-wild

So Im retarded can someone explain why intel is bad

>massive breaches in security on hardware level means Intel has to rework entire chips to make them secure again
>until that happens chip speeds are really fucking slow and chips are really fucking expensive as well
>ayymd kicking ass

I knew he was an AMD shill, unsubscribed.

that proves nothing

the absolute state of intards, etc

Serious question here. What about intel CPUs that don't support hyperthreading? Are they still vulnerable to MDS?

Attached: df9.jpg (285x325, 32K)

I just disabled all mitigations and moved on. Nothing to see or fear here.

>proves nothing
>articles on how massive security oversights are being exploited, but in reference to older exploits that were "too complicated to execute" are in fact used

Are you mentally disabled, have the attention span of a squirrel, or both?
Need more examples?
msspalert.com/cybersecurity-news/meltdown-spectre-vulnerability-malware-fortinet-report/

They are essentially riddled with backdoors so the Israelis and their 5 eye lapdogs could spy on you.

It takes longer to execute these exploits, far longer, on the span of 15 minutes to 24 hours, but disabling Hyperthreading/ not having support for it does not mean you are not exposed.
You're exposed.

I ran XP for almost 10 years without an antivirus. L.M.A.O. Just don't be stupid while browsing bro

no, but you are
it proves nothing

it runs 4.5% faster in games. a small sacrifice in security is worth it

Soooo basically get AMD from now on.

Will people ever realize that all current mainstream architectures are buggy swiss cheese shit built on prehistoric foundations that practically predate computer security as a concept in general? Spectre impacted just about everything with speculative execution, Intel only receives more personalized vulnerabilities because it's under a microscope due to being the only infrastructure vendor that has mattered for well over a decade now.

Nobody disregarded shit, the problem was that they didn't even consider these kinds of obtuse attacks to be an option - in most cases they still aren't.

>If you think you're safe, you're not.
This is correct.
>The only way to be sure you are safe is to get a new chip.
This is wrong. The only way to be safe is to not expose yourself in the first place. Stop living your entire fucking life on your computer to the point that you are controlled and significantly threatened by the short-sighted decisions of megacorporate eggheads 25 years ago, you fucking dumbass drone.

Attached: f57.jpg (900x691, 162K)

when will you fags realise these exploits are only relevant for cloud providers and hypervisors?
>inb4 muh javascript
browsers already mitigated any potential exploits by removing high precision timers
just disable the mitigations and move on with your life

I think we should ressurect OpenSparc and start making opensource hardware a thing

The arguments are pretty sound, Intel is throwing the kitchen sink at everything and praying that something sticks.
If they cannot find a long term area of focus, they will go the way of IBM and become a background player.

Maybe they should make a very fast gaming CPU that does not provide virtual machine safety.

>At a bare minimum AMD prioritized security over speed.
That might be a bit of an overstatement. They didn't sacrifice security for performance but saying they PRIORITIZED security is just wishful thinking. Looking at how many years it actually took for the intel screw-ups to surface, we'll only be sure about AMD's approach years from now.

>AMD, being the underdog literally can not afford to make such glaring mistakes.
clearly the same can't be said about their GPU division.

Thanks intel for my new mug.

Attached: 20190524_193820.jpg (4032x1960, 1.77M)

>Intel only receives more personalized vulnerabilities because it's under a microscope due to being the only infrastructure vendor that has mattered for well over a decade now.
Fucking this

Where can I buy that? Or did you make it yourself

Wrong, they’re still running while charging top prices and having the biggest share despite all those faults.
Intel is winning. Big time.

Nah, a better study would be on how retarded consumers really are.

There are PoCs using WebGL and OpenGL to construct a timing channel, no built in timer required.

>Ethics don't matter

Bullshit, Intlel was faster because it didn't care about security. It never did. Look at how a lot of vulnerabilities does not exist on Ryzen.

You only had to listen.

Attached: 1446155785199.jpg (890x400, 72K)

considering zen 2 is already ahead in many cases
i think they gonna drop back to fx level of perfomance

If you use an internet facing machine on intel you are literally going to get pwned. It's a matter of time.

>root password in 3 minutes
Did you even watch the video? It's the first part of a hashed password. Litterally nothing.

Spectre affects AMD as well and there is no fix for it.

You get them for free if you work there

>Fuck Intel and fuck glowniggers.
BASED AND REDPILLED

Attached: 1536694146733.png (1200x800, 164K)

>intel and their disregard for security over speed is fucking ludicrous.
Linus does the same with Linux, but nobody cares.

Fuck Intel, I bought a Ryzen computer recently.

Attached: 699C9375-A6A5-4968-819D-E170A0DEC0BD.png (512x384, 208K)

Attached: 1243B754-2D62-436C-8B21-39535AACE3DF.jpg (109x125, 3K)

Wtf can even be done to fight zombieload type attacks? AMD is going to eventually have its own logic exploitations at well since thats just how multithread works. Whats the next step?

I have an i5 2500k. How fucked am I?

>4 threads

And? All anyone needs is one vulnerability and that's it, you're done for. Both of these companies are hot garbage.

>largest profit on the market
check
>Intel should be studied by economics and business and majors for a prime example of how to run a company.
fix'd that for you

intel fanboys should be studied hard to find the missing link between humans and monkeys though

Based intcelshill poster

Attached: israelicompany.png (951x872, 542K)

Fuck off and post the script

oy vey goyim

IT'S HAPPENING

Imagine falling for the 7700k LOLOL

techspot.com/article/1850-how-screwed-is-intel-no-hyper-threading/

B&R

>Maybe they should make a very fast gaming CPU that does not provide virtual machine safety.

Attached: 1558582009289.jpg (426x510, 42K)

Why can't Intel stop being pozzed

bros.... am I guilty for everyone person who bought an intel pc with my suggestion? Is this the cross I am gonna have to carry? The fact all these people got fucked in the ass and they dont even know it? I cant go on like this bros...

Attached: 1501491714987.jpg (638x599, 123K)

i dont think they just hoped to bury those things
its way way too valuable info for intelligence agencies, there is a reason the company is named INTEL after all

Attached: 1555814648488.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

>don't connect to the internet
>be safe

This honestly, if you think this shit wasn't 100% intentional you're naive

Attached: hurr durr.jpg (274x321, 26K)

Was going under part of their plan too?

Attached: thatcomeslater.gif (500x210, 1.98M)