Why it is important not to have children. -- Richard Stallman

wtf I love stallman now

stallman.org/articles/children.html

Attached: file.png (978x692, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasily_Arkhipov_(vice_admiral)
youtu.be/7W33HRc1A6c
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercer_Quality_of_Living_Survey
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's not like he would have had children anyway.

easy ethical masturbation that's dysgenic in practice unfortunately

That’s not the only opinion he has on children.

It's so funny when people are so obviously trying to convince people there is a well thought out and logical reason for them not having children when it's obvious to everyone that they just couldn't convince a decent partner to have their children. Men and women both do this.

>stop having children
>pajeets and Africans popping out countless children
>whites are still a global minority

Hmm....

Basically volcel tier enlightenment. So, when are you incels going to take the volcel pill?

Attached: 1556352739581.jpg (435x528, 235K)

It's been like that for centuries.

>Why it is important to cuck yourself

Yes, but before African population was capped by its high mortality rate. Now everyone in developed countries need to remove that brake for moral masturbation ("have you done something for the children in Uganda?") African population will multiply until no one fits in that continent.

There's no point having or not having children. Africans will still breed regardless

>overpopulation, orphanages and substandard living conditions aren't a thing
Come on...

>I do not want a life of running on a treadmill.
Oh it shows, Richard. It shows.

>muh overpopulation when replacement rate isn't getting met by pretty much anyone other than future refugees
>muh divorce when you can just avoid feminists and help fix the family unit
>muh children cost money and I don't want to spend/save responsibly
I get not wanting to have children yourself, but I will never understand why it's so common for people who act like their personal view of self-enforced eugenics is some moral standard that everyone should be held to.

Africa is actually pretty sparse, the climate zones and lack of major river systems limit the growth. India and southeast Asia is bursting with overpopulation.

Attached: 1558035101727.jpg (480x268, 12K)

> no chance that my influence could be so great as to reduce the birth rate to near zero. Given the numbers I am likely to influence, the influence is all to the good.
Without any context this would look bad

>not even a drop in the fucking pool compared to the 15 children each of the millions of women in Africa have

If anything, people in developed countries have a moral obligation to have children and educate them so they can help solve problems in the third world.

With the context it already looks really bad.

I have a good reason for advocating a world wide 1-child policy.

Anthropocene by defaunation.

Attached: serveimage(3).jpg (620x620, 302K)

Overpopulation is literally not a real thing. The problem is population density.

>jew telling you not to have children

sorry mr (((stallman))) but I'll make my girlfriend shit out (at least) 20 mini versions of me (all white) :)

Let's all be honest, stallman would be a shitty father and even he recognizes that

>conscious human who cares about the enviroment decides to not have kids
Conscious humans left by him in 2 generations: 0
>NPC who doesn't give a fuck about the enviroment shits out 6 kids
Parasites consuming the Earth left by him in 2 generations:+64

Anti-natalists should just kill themselves if humans are so bad for the enviroment. By their own self admission.

Yes, goyim. Stop having children please.

Yeah let me know when you get all those sub 70 IQ savages in developing countries on board with that. Until then I'm going to contribute to the replacement rate of my own country and continue my family's genetic line, both of which will help the world a shitload more than they'll hurt.

*cue 12 Monkeys Theme*

Senpai, humans literally depopulated North America. Humans in total made 80% of all mammals extinct. Countless unknown sea creature extinctions and amphibians have it really hard right now. More extinct species on the way, served up hot and fresh on the yearly!

Attached: 1555792846125.jpg (540x564, 98K)

that's all fault of the subhumans in asia/africa/current north america

Tell that to Nigerians not he neets that read his ersonal blog.

>species that can't adapt don't survive
>species that can are still wildly successful
Oh no jesus christ surely literally no point in history has ever been like this and lucklily not a single mass extinction has ever occured because then the planet would be bare according to you.

I won't have sex, wife, girlfriend, or children anyway.

Attached: IMG_20190415_112149_871.jpg (453x585, 53K)

>neets that read his ersonal blog
Now that I think about it I'm really confused how he thought the equivalent of setting up a lifeguard tower in the desert was supposed to help.

99.9999999999% of all species that have have existed are extinct. was that our fault too?

But that assuming they can use they actually use all that land to grow crops.
In theory Africa can sustain that many people, but the real issue is that they are still receiving foreign donations and aid from NGOs (which, in turn, crush their local agro industry with very cheap products) for their sustenance instead of using their own available lands; which makes for an artificially sustained population growth.
If they can self sustain their population growth it wouldn't be an issue, but their population grew much quicker than their industry and this is a recipe for disaster. Albeit by different causes, the deaths by the Chinese Great Leap Forward policy was a sample of what happens when food supply gets too small to feed such a huge population.

haha, very funny. now run along to reddit, kid.

I'm half black and took the legit Mensa iq test. 113. Not great but not purely 96% ape.

Just because you are black and have genetic shortcommings doesn't by default make them all human savages.

On a side note, what makes you think iq is purely key to staying on top of the foodchain. Dumb thinks often defeat the smartest of beings. Just because we sit host of our ecosystem doesn't clear us of hidden shortcoming. With such a "perfectly" evolved being, fatal flaws can linger within. Because of a Cobra effect type of deal but genetic/social.

Attached: 1558388233981.jpg (251x251, 5K)

Yeah, because that turned out so well for the chinks.
Retard

>Just because you are black and have genetic shortcommings doesn't by default make them all human savages.
Tell that to the leftards who encourage blacks to act that way because being civilized is racist.

I am 100% convinced that we will have a drastic population reduction before we reach critical population numbers. And im almost certain that it will be because of some super virus so don't think much of it lads

No overpopulation where I live and I'm not going to fucking drop my kid off at an orphanage, you insane bastard. Go fuck yourself. People who perpetrate this idea are sick in the head. Kill yourself if you hate humanity so much.

Extinction is actually extremely uncommon without human intervention/outside of major extinction events of which we know 5 since the beginning of life on Earth.
Like, one species every 500 years uncommon.

>No overpopulation where I live
Are you perhaps on a different planet? What is this miraculous country where humans don't have a negative impact on their environment?

Negative impact on the environment does not equal overpopulation and you know it, you disingenuous cunt.

white babies are fine, brown babies are not

I think its more likely first world coutries will impose some sort of child limit. Population won't grow out of control as long as people have 2 or less kids per couple.

Responding to my posts.
Look I'm not saying we aren't supreme but what I am trying to say is we need to manage this home much better then we have because it is the only one we got for trillions of miles.

I guess a resource based economy founded on actual hard values instead of project infinite slopes just doesn't make any sense on a planet with limits.

I'm just projecting my blackpilled stoicism.

idk senpai, our goal should probably be to create a matryoshka brain (/satellite swarm) around our sun to house a fully aware AI.

Attached: 1555130954548.png (686x377, 406K)

Nature will cap human population in a much subtler way.
The sperm count per ejaculation is decreasing alarmingly and at this rate we all will become sterile and nobody has pinpointed the exact causes yet.
This or we will simply not have the drive to reproduce further than a global population of about 11 billion.

this, primary reason for him not having children is his shit genes (fat, manlet, ugly) and communist mindset.

Just nuke India and China off the map and you've reduced human population by 70% lol

He makes observations that are correct, but I'm egoist enough to overcome the conclusions he draws.
I WANT children. Fuck what becomes of this planet/universe due to that. If my forefathers hadn't procreated, I wouldn't be here, and that would suck. My descendants will hopefully think the same. Human kind has ALWAYS thought of itself being on the verge of destruction. As a matter of fact, that has not happened. That doesn't mean it won't happen this time, but it puts things into perspective.

I understand him, he is not wrong, but he is taking it too far.
It's unfortunate that especially people that would be able to raise good children reach his conclusion.

I agree but how will the economies respond to such a ceiling? I say adversely. The ramifications would turn every economist into a philosopher overnight.

Attached: 1555709297330.jpg (407x482, 48K)

Reduce the population and the negative impact is reduced until nature is able to absorb it naturally. From the point of view of the ecosystem it's always a problem of overpopulation.

There's a 5+ year queue for couples wanting to adopt children from orphanages.

>Africa - population 1.2 billion
>India - 1.3 billion
>China - almost 1.4 billion

The most overpopulated places on the planet are literal shitholes.

you forgot South America..

>422 million
Not THAT bad.

More like 50% but yeah.

>"If my forefathers hadn't procreated, I wouldn't be here"
>tfw you realize the only reason we survived the cold war was because we are in the only reality where we can exist in instead of a blownup one
Thanks Vasily Arkhipov!

This shit gives me chills knowing we are only here because we lasted the cycles to exist in. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasily_Arkhipov_(vice_admiral)

It's not a problem in my country. There is some negative impact, sure, but there will be some negative impact as long as humans exist. Maybe some gay bugs have disappeared or something, but not much else. We're under replacement rate right now and have been for three decades. Why should we stop having children? We're completely fine. There are no shit rivers, no smog, no chemical pollution. It's the problem of the countries where that is happening and frankly, I don't care about that. Country's Lithuania btw

This entire planet is a fucking shithole, mate.

Simply imagine how we probably look to an alien race.
It's fucking depressing.

Argentina is one of the most sparsely populated countries in the world.

>implying that a fully aware AI wouldn't consume the universe at quantum value, realize there's no point in its existence and self destruct recreating the universe

P l A s T i C

Attached: 1557732069485.gif (300x300, 1.5M)

Blame the literal shitholes.

>No overpopulation where I live and I'm not going to fucking drop my kid off at an orphanage, you insane bastard. Go fuck yourself. People who perpetrate this idea are sick in the head. Kill yourself if you hate humanity so much.
What in the flying fucking fucking fucking fuck are you talking about?
You still haven't answered where is this wonderful country of yours. And who is forcing you to give your children to an orphanage, what the fuck are you talking about? It happens to those or rather forces those who didn't consider the consequences of having children to take them there.
I don't hate humanity really, nor did I imply that. We're not infinitely valuable and if we are to coexist with one another we should do so to the best of our abilities. And that's not just pumping out another kid every 9 months no matter what.

Antinatalists should be hanged.

I think it should rather give you the chills that you probably only exist because of Hitler, and most other historic evil persons.

The shithole is everywhere.
Tell me, where do you think is no shithole?

Suussshh now, let ye ol' farmer just plow until his heart desires.

It actually did turn out surprisingly well for them...

>Why should we stop having children? We're completely fine. There are no shit rivers, no smog, no chemical pollution.
I highly doubt that. Places without human contamination are virtually uninhabitable or are guarded/protected for research purposes.
>It's the problem of the countries where that is happening and frankly, I don't care about that. Country's Lithuania btw
>aye bro is nut happunin in my country, why should I give a shit?
What kind of a braindead way of thinking is this?
Obligatory:
youtu.be/7W33HRc1A6c

Sorry, I don't speak emoji.

>don t have kids white man , let mohammed and abdullah make 6 each so in 100 years your country will be 99% muslims

It's Lithuania. If you don't hate humanity, why do you want whites to go extinct and be replaced by brown people? They turn everything into shitholes.
You are an evil little shit. Don't reply to me anymore

>Antinatalists should be hanged.
I'm not anti-natalist. I'm just anti decisions made just because and with no thought or consideration.

Refer to this post:

Volcel implies a choice in the matter

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercer_Quality_of_Living_Survey

>It's Lithuania. If you don't hate humanity, why do you want whites to go extinct and be replaced by brown people? They turn everything into shitholes.
What the fucking fucking fucking fuck are you talking about? Who has brought this bullshit up except you now?
>You are an evil little shit. Don't reply to me anymore
What the fuck again? It's not like you know me personally or anything or even who of the 34 people replying here I am.

yeah, I was thinking Brazil and Mexico.

It's pretty apparent that he does, user. Yet he misses the easiest avenue of making an instantaneous impact on the population...

Attached: 1518140970582.jpg (720x720, 31K)

Refer to this post:

It was meant to be interrobang doesn't equal interrobang (expression of being mindfucked). It was a symbol not emoji.

>I highly doubt that. Places without human contamination are virtually uninhabitable or are guarded/protected for research purposes.
What? I don't understand what you're on about. I'm telling you. There are no shit rivers, no smog and no people being born with 5 heads because some factory contaminated local water sources. Might be hard to believe if you're a Pajeet, but it's true.
>aye bro is nut happunin in my country, why should I give a shit?
Yeah, why should I care? My country becoming even more depopulated won't improve places with overpopulation like India. They have to deal with it themselves.

based and blackpilled

they sperg about wypipo having too many children while ignoring retarded third world shitholes breeding like roaches

Ahhh shit, here we go again.

Attached: 1558577742940.gif (320x180, 764K)

Did he overlook the obvious flaw that the people most contributing to overpopulation will never have the altruism or awareness to curb their basic instincts, and instead he's just encouraging the only people with a sense of altruism and responsibility to genocide themselves for the sake of thankless hordes who will doom the planet regardless?

Attached: begging.jpg (552x263, 34K)

We all, live in our. 96% shit tossing chimps.

Attached: 1557674532501.png (800x850, 135K)

*in our shit.*

We have caked and layered underground tunnels forming complex shit. Our species is the most complex species to deal with shit.

>DNA isn't open source so you can't GNU/Children

Attached: 1515098494044.jpg (808x805, 73K)

Can make statements about Düsseldorf, Berlin, Frankfurt and Munich.
Shitholes. All of them.
Sure, comparatively decent, and if you avoid the wrong parts of the city it's even great, but overall shitholes alright.

...or is it? *cue vsauce theme*

His arguments are bad. Good arguments would be

>to spare a harmless soul from devine judgment and eternal hell
>to safe money for safe retirement
>the inability to create working life conditions
>the inability to live by yourself in harmony
>to spare innocent young people from your death
>the condition of this planet
>nothing justifying suffering and evil
>the meaninglessness of broken hopes and dreams, lonelieness and that all is eventually lost and vain

Correction : It's important to not have children if you are goyim.

di you actually think like this?
serious question. why not just kill yourself?

There's a lot wrong with his views expressed in this article.

>When I was young, my family was full of tension and anger, and then I noticed that many others were too
>I knew I would be the same as a parent
This is an anecdotal experience with no statistics to back it up. Even a simple survey of people under the age of 18 asking them if they were happy or not living with their parents would significantly improve the strength of this argument, if it can even be called as such. This is no different than saying that most of the thieves I see are black, and so we should just not have black people.

>Most fathers in the US have to work very hard to get money for their children
This sounds like a lazy man complaining about having to contribute to society to gain things back, but I'll give him the benefit of doubt and interpret this as concern that he may not be able to properly take care of a family if he follows the goals he has set for himself, which requires him to travel and preach about free software. Certainly this is not a very lucrative field and I can understand his reasoning here (if my interpretation of his vague statement is correct). Once again, however, this is an anecdotal experience that he is extrapolating and applying to everyone.

>affect humanity's resource footprint
Today, about one third of all food humans grow is just thrown out. Overpopulation is only an issue because of inefficiencies regarding growth and distribution of food. The earth is large, and there is yet much space to expand human civilization to. Answering the issue of resource shortage by not having a child is not actually solving the problem. We should instead be focusing on how to reduce wasted food and resources because we clearly have more than enough.

>no chance that my influence could be so great as to reduce the birth rate to near zero
I personally think it's very foolish to preach something simply because you believe it will never achieve widespread acceptance.

>His arguments are bad.
>Good arguments would be God
Oh, okay.

Overpopulation of shitskins is irrelevant when they can just be used as disposable slaves. We need more white and asian kids.

>when are you incels going to start pretending that your virginity is a choice?
You must be confused. We've been doing this since the dawn of time.

>implying any woman would ever fuck him