WHICH TYPE 1 HYPERVISOR Jow Forums PEOPLE ARE USING?

CAN SOMEONE TELL WHICH HYPERVISOR TO CHOOSE. LOOKING INTO XEN, KVM OR QEMU. I KNOW THAT XEN AND KVM ARE BASED ON QEMU, BUT QEMU CAN BE A TYPE 1 HYPERVISOR? PLEASE GUVE ME SOME ADVICE ON WHICH ONE TO USE AND WHY.!!!

Attached: images(2).jpg (261x193, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

delivery.acm.org/10.1145/3230000/3229759/a48-markussen.pdf?ip=37.191.243.28&id=3229759&acc=OA&key=4D4702B0C3E38B35.4D4702B0C3E38B35.4D4702B0C3E38B35.E74026CAD41765F1&__acm__=1558657088_f1931ab9b5b0ba48062eececfbff4035
dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=3229759
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

WHY ARE YOU SCREAMING AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: file.png (300x168, 114K)

SINCE WHEN CAPITAL LETTERS IS SCREAMING U DUMB FUCK. PLEASE GO BACK AND KEEP WATCHING YOUR CARTOONS STOOPID.

CAPITAL LETTERS (BRINGS PEOPLE TO READ THE THREAD) KID

qemu is not a type 1 hypervisor

dumb fuck

BASED ALL CAPS YELLING POSTER

VMware ESXi is industry standard and performs the best out them all. But it has its own pitfalls like extremely long reboot times, lack of a niche hardware support (doesn't apply to enterprise hardware, there support is great) and VMFS which is strange to administrate. For example you can't just plugin external hard drive to machine itself to take backups of VMs which I find extremely stupid. Just go with Proxmox. It's based on Debian and use Qemu/KVM. What i like about it supports ZFS raids, everything done in web interface, has container support (which is LVM based I guess), and have shitload of protocols to use for sharing your files.

SHUT THE FUCK UP BOOMER AND FIX YOUR DAMN CAPS LOCK KEY YOU'RE DESTROYING MY EARS

> has container support (which is LVM based I guess)
LXC!!!!!!111

GODDAMMIT MY FUCKING EARS ARE BLEEDING!!!

KVM IS BETTER

I USE KVM BUT XEN IS FINE TOO.

KVM is the kernel hypervisor, use this
Qemu is the emulator, not the hypervisor.

KVM+Qemu is best combo.

A potentially good thread ruined by the unfortunate decision to go full capslock.
So tragic.

vmware is trash, don't use it this guy has no idea what he's talking about.
To prove my statement take a look at his misuse of "there" instead of "their"

these

Let's hijack the thread then.

Ask someone who has hacked the KVM mediated device API in order to pass through physically remote devices to a local VM anything. Can post paper if someone is interested.

Based AND Redpiled

systemd-nspawn

Is there any way of getting decent audio from a virtual sound card? I've fallen for the gpu-passtrough meme and everything but audio works wonders. I'm considering getting another physical device and a mixer.

Is there any reason not to run virtual machines with network access as root? I mean, libvirtd runs in privileged mode either way. Also, it seems that the virtual network can be only accessed by machines started as root.

Wait what. Post more details please.

JUST SO YOU'RE AWARE, TYPE 1 HYPERVISORS ARE GENERALLY ADMINISTERED REMOTELY. IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT?
I'M USING PROXMOX VE. IT SUPPORTS FULL VIRTUALIZATION AND CONTAINERS.

>performs the best out them all.
KVM runs circles around VMware corporate cuck.

>Wait what. Post more details please.
delivery.acm.org/10.1145/3230000/3229759/a48-markussen.pdf?ip=37.191.243.28&id=3229759&acc=OA&key=4D4702B0C3E38B35.4D4702B0C3E38B35.4D4702B0C3E38B35.E74026CAD41765F1&__acm__=1558657088_f1931ab9b5b0ba48062eececfbff4035

Stop yelling

Exactly. But there isnt a type1 hypervisor that can be controled with api. Not using web or ssh. Something like qubes. It is type 1 but it can be used with the same computer via api.

I've been using XEN+Debian on old Dell server hardware and it works great. FWIW.

The link appears to expire: dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=3229759 and click Full Text

>I KNOW THAT XEN AND KVM ARE BASED ON QEMU
Qemu is just like a graphical frontend for them. It can also use haxm and hyper-v on windows.

I tried out hyper-v recently since I'm on windows 10 and didn't really like it much. It felt too much like big iron software that's a big more difficult to set up than virtualbox.

I like how nobody mentions Hyper-V, which daddy dicks all of the KVM,qemu,xen and other lincuck based bullshit.

Attached: 1210368.jpg (495x495, 35K)

>Qemu is just like a graphical frontend for them.
No, Qemu is the actual emulator, aka the software that pretends to be a physical machine.

That's because nobody takes Hyper-V seriously. Even Azure cloud uses Linux for infrastructure.

Bump

Interdasting

>install hyper-v
>gaming pc loses half the performance
install hyper-v, get the bsod