Why all the hate Jow Forums?

why all the hate Jow Forums?

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (800x450, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XcmoATV9v_U
github.com/elogind/elogind/blob/master/README.md
openwall.com/lists/oss-security/2019/01/09/3
cvedetails.com/cve/CVE-2017-1000082/
cvedetails.com/cve/CVE-2018-15686/)
ghacks.net/2018/10/10/firefox-update-security-audit-results-published/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i don't exactly know but i do it because it's a funny meme
youtube.com/watch?v=XcmoATV9v_U

Attached: systemd.gif (426x284, 3.99M)

lets face it 90% of Jow Forums dosent know the reason to hate that, but they still do..
thats some low IQ gay shit you all should be ashamed

bump

basically this, it tries to replace everything is the problem

How long until L*ke Sm*ith fans come and flood this thread with SystemD apologetics

Attached: 1556359804172.jpg (900x900, 73K)

Skope kreep

but its faster than sysvinit..
and systemctl enable/disable configuration let you do anything you need on the system lvl
the only difference between systemd and the startup are the symlinks..
so why the fuck its consider such a bad software?

It takes something simple and makes it complicated.

>simple
compared to what?
It exceeds the performance of systemv so it may be annoying but its better and what matter
system performance is the most important thing you need to consider for a bad or good program

Scope creep. It's a good enough process manager, but that's where it should've stayed. In my opinion, though, OpenRC is better; and runit is actually getting there too - I'm using it in a standalone fashion for a bunch of proprietary javashit my company made and it's breddy gud.

> sysvinit
stfu with this bullshit, no one was talking about sysvinit. It's about systemd trying to do the job of sysvinit+syslog+logind+udev+the rest of the fucking GNU/linux userspace.

> but now everything is integrated better and we're finally getting a consistent user eggsperience on the GNU/linux desktop
then take your poetteringware, fuck off to fedora/CentOS/RHEL and stay there, every other distro should allow their users to make their own choices.

That's like comparing apples and oranges. One is a init system, the other is a rudimentary os.

>sysvinit+syslog+logind+udev
those file are still in gnu system you can use them whatever you want..
But I understand what you say the approach of collecting everything in one package always ends in disaster

Fast and responsible dev decisions

Attached: poettered.png (407x123, 4K)

>scope creep

Its fucking hilarious that you can even try to put a negative spin on more features with a straight face.

Depreciate yourself.

Attached: dielinuxdie.jpg (640x480, 249K)

>But I understand what you say the approach of collecting everything in one package always ends in disaster

Can you give even one fucking example you gigantic faggot?

windows

Windows has the most market share of any OS.

Attached: painthuff.jpg (480x270, 15K)

Because, more often than not, those who hate Systemd, are literally retarded.

Attached: NOsystemd.jpg (1156x726, 112K)

you pay to shitpost without captcha im not talking to you anymore

Fucking loser.

Attached: t.cognitivedissonant.jpg (500x343, 54K)

> those file are still in gnu system
except that some of them don't even work anymore without systemd; for instance, gentoo devs had to release elogind and eudev as standalone versions.

Also, I won't reply to a tripfag, because as such both himself and his opinion are worth less then the time I spent typing this.

lol

elogind was the plane noise your fucking mom made to get you to eat your vegetables, fucking autist.

Attached: sheep.jpg (650x488, 146K)

how the img related to me?
i just ask something and i get some answers..
thats all
you can go fuck yourself you pay for a web service its consider gay on any lvl

>how the img related to me?
>i just ask something and i get some answers..
>thats all

Oh sorry you were just asking questions?

That totally makes sense nobody should make fun of you or your shit english.

It seems okay to you to laugh at someone that asking a question?

>gentoo devs had to release elogind
Please don't bring elogind into your anti-systemd crusade, the people behind it are grateful for the existence of systemd
github.com/elogind/elogind/blob/master/README.md

I'm not doing any crusades against systemd, it has its place. I'm just saying that that place is not in my distro, which is in no way related to Red Hat nor to its distros. Which is the very reason stuff like elogind was created - to preserve the functionality of the packages eaten up by systemd (most of which still belong to RedHat) for the systems that *do not* use systemd.

This is my main problem with systemd really, the dev infrastructure around it are very impolite. They could have chosen not to be, but they didn't.

But logind originated in systemd, stop getting your info from the nutjobs that are trying to bring systemd down

lrn2read nigger: I literally said
> I'm not doing any crusades against systemd
I don't want to bring shit down, I just do not want it to be in every single distro ever. I can't even understand how tf is canonical OK with using that shit from its direct competition, especially considering its severe case of NIH syndrome.

And - yes, I know that logind is originated in systemd, and what I said was:
> elogind was created ... to preserve the functionality of the packages eaten up by systemd ... for the systems that *do not* use systemd.

>to preserve the functionality of the packages eaten up by systemd
I see only morons like you fall for the anti-systemd FUD, logind wqs never "eaten up" by systemd because the systemd devs was the one who came up with it, do you understand what I'm trying to tell you or do you need me to dumb it down even further?

Cuz doesn't follow Unix philosophy.
it's bloated, one point to failure.
And NSA backmemed

Attached: 1558168296034.jpg (491x512, 36K)

You are talking like a shill yourself, as you're constantly assuming me to be someone who
> fell for the anti-systemd FUD.
I didn't fall for shit, I just want to use the tools I used before without someone else making the decisions for me. And, as I said - I know that logind was written by the Red Hat systemd team, but it was done to replace ConsoleKit, which was still owned by RedHat and was a standalone tool.

You also seem to be fixating on logind alone, which you think somehow proves your point about me being an antisystemd nutjob. What about udev? or syslog? or polkit/sudo? cron?

what so bloated anime poster?
did you read the systemd fully to know?

I don't come here to educate misinformed, gullible idiots like you, you probably read the load of shit written on sites like without-systemd.org and thought that you suddenly transformed into a UNIX expert overnight and that systemd is some kind of scary boogeyman, replying to you is a waste of time

So, no arguments from you whatsoever. Yawn.

As I said before, I prefer having a bunch of smaller and auditable tools made by different people rather than 1.2mln LOC monster that's got god knows what in its source. This is an expression of a basic software engineering common sense.

And, by the way, I've been working as sysadmin/devops for 5 years already, and using GNU/linux for 11.

tripfag is right for once
the same people trying to put together a lot of tools is better than relying in a bunch of neets developing those tools separately. If you ever sat in your ass and thought for yourself instead of parroting memes you would come to the same conclusion
>im just doing ir becuz fun xD
this board is full reddit. kill yourselves niggers
Jow Forums is shitposting fest of parroting without any original content, just spouting memes and eating shit because of you normalfaggots tech consumer niggers

because of special snowflake points: choosing your own login manager, service manager, logger and device manager is something nobody, fucking nobody has an actual reason to switch or recompile with different options unless you do embedded systems. So the ONLY reason is that they want to remove and change stuff, which they can, if you have root you can delete systemd. If you weren't an illiterate shit eater.
Or you could have thought, distros choose systemd because of technical reasons and fuck you, not systemd's fault. But they are piss mad because of that for that.
For literally made up reasons which have nothing to do with systemd. Systemd is so big because distro maintainers consider some functions important and compile it with all the bloat. Since targets are full fledged servers or workstations, not embedded systems. You can recompile and package your own systemd if you weren't illiterate, but then you don't have l33t suckless goy points like this kind of faggot ()

>1.2mln LOC monster that's got god knows what in its source.
You could read it if you weren't such a worthless retard, it's written in C, the simplest language around

firefox is bigger poojeet.
you can't even read bash scripts sit down kid

>arguments
I've no interest in having the same argument for the tenth times, I realized long ago that people like you have been brainwashed by the devuan basedboys and nothing I say or do will make you be any less retarded

Luke Smith already BTFO'ed every systemd hater out there.
If you're a systemd hater consider yourself dabbed on by me and my dad Luke.

systemd follows the UNIX philosophy fairly well. It consists of a lot of small programs that do one thing, and do it well. For example, systemd-hostnamed is used to change the hostname, systemd-ac-power returns nonzero if your system is running on battery, systemd-id128 generates UUIDs, systemd-cat redirects a program's stdout to journald.

you fags clearly just want to flame. All I want is a consistent desktop management, and systemd is in no way able to provide it. Not only it's ridiculously insecure (openwall.com/lists/oss-security/2019/01/09/3 cvedetails.com/cve/CVE-2017-1000082/ cvedetails.com/cve/CVE-2018-15686/) - it's also 1.2 gorillion of unaudited code, mainly due to being managed exceptionally badly by the entirety of its team, in particular that poettering wontfix faggot. Do I really have to ask you what's wrong with this? Any half competent software engineer would refuse to just run that shit on their machine.
> why would anyone want something different to run on their machine
if you don't know, then install centos and enjoy systemd - but other distros might not want that shit on their hardware, which is my exact use case.

What you niggers are not taking in account is the cost of change. Having to unlearn all of the previous utilities and to switch to something else is something that only an arch ricer would enjoy doing.

> audited
ghacks.net/2018/10/10/firefox-update-security-audit-results-published/
>you can't even read bash scripts
> brainwashed by the devuan söyböys
even more baseless assumptions. Go get a mac and fuck off from Jow Forums - OR - start providing actual technical reasons for one to use systemd on *his own* personal machine.

Of course I could - OR - I could save my precious time by not installing it at all and go do something more productive.

>Having to unlearn all of the previous utilities and to switch to something else is something that only an arch ricer would enjoy doing.
This right here is the real reason for the unending whining and bitching, systemd single handedly rendered your bash knowledge obsolete, you're now expendable because any retard knows how to write ini files

> systemd single handedly rendered your bash knowledge obsolete
kek
The sole fact that you think that something like a bunch of different userland tools could render shell knowledge obsolete shows that you never even learnt any bases of system administration in the first place.

>any retard knows how to write ini files
You have no idea. Try telling that to a team of pajeet devs that barely know any javascript. Because that's the kind of people that a sysadmin/devops most frequently end up working with.
But even then, assuming that you can do everything with ini - configuration is by definition less powerful than a turing-complete programming language, and as soon as you need to do something *slightly* different than the systemd team has in mind - here's where you gotta pick that shell script knowledge back up.

>ini - configuration is by definition less powerful than a turing-complete programming language
Nice strawman, brainlet, no one's comparing ini files with shell scripts
>and as soon as you need to do something *slightly* different than the systemd team has in mind
Like what? What kind of use case do you need that's not covered by systemd?

> no one's comparing ini files with shell scripts
that's literally what you just said:
> systemd ... rendered your bash knowledge obsolete ... because any retard knows how to write ini files

xorg on a diff console

Here's a hint for you, just because they were in the same sentence doesn't mean it's a comparison, in no way shape or form was I implying that one was better or worse than the other
I have 2 instances of xorg running with systemd right now, what's your point?

> X obsoletes Y
> I'm not comparing them, tho
k

>X obsoletes Y
Where did I say that?

> systemd single handedly rendered your bash knowledge obsolete ... because any retard knows how to write ini files

You are wrong. MINIX is the leader.

All I said was that writing an ini file is something any idiot can do and then you went on a tangent attacking ini file as if that's relevant to the discussion at all, is this the best you can do? If so then thanks for proving my assertion that only retards like you fall for the anti-systemd brainwashing

nigger, you continue insisting on me being against systemd. I'm not against its existence - only against its inclusion in every single half-popular distro out there - which is way different.

Regarding ini - you are right about ini files being easy to read/write, but there's no fucking way in hell it obsoletes bash scripts by any means.

>but there's no fucking way in hell it obsoletes bash scripts by any means
You still haven't described anything that requires bash scripting that systemd can't do

Stop shitposting and come back to the irc trippy

can't take systemd seriously until it is in BSD

Imagine using anything but GNU Shepherd

>the same people trying to put together a lot of tools is better than relying in a bunch of neets developing those tools separately. If you ever sat in your ass and thought for yourself instead of parroting memes you would come to the same conclusion

wrong, keeping it modular and optional is what makes designs good. By your logic windows would be good.

systemd is modular and most of its daemons are optional

groupthink

because systemd is EVIL!!!

Attached: EVIL.jpg (480x360, 21K)

fast performance is not everything. That's why javascript is the most popular language.

Look I genuinely wish that were true. I would absolutely love not to have to write scripts for every little automated thing I want my machine to do for me, but I switched to a systemd based OS a few months ago and I absolutely still have to hand write much of the utilities I use on a daily basis

>hurr durr lemme link some random CVEs that got fixed in the same day

retard

seething

>xddddxdd i truled u hard I'm so epic
no, you are not being "epic". You don't even know how a system is administered if you think systemd is replacing bash at any level. You are delusional, this is what happens when antisystemd retards try to think for themselves instead of spouting unix and suckless memes about minimalism