What's so good about Thinkpads?

I've been here like 3 months and I still can't work out what this boards obsession with thinkpads is?

Attached: x210.jpg (4032x3024, 808K)

This.

Attached: 1540682730275.jpg (2622x1870, 1.01M)

autism

Attached: 9xjb1h1_1_.jpg (700x467, 26K)

When they go BEEP

>uptime 0 min
why did you turn it on just to take a picture

Basically the best bang/buck used laptops right now. They're highly prized by neets and basement dwellers (ie 90% of Jow Forums) who don't have a job like the rest of us. They either pretend the 30+ intel security vulnerabilities has no impact on security despite using such attacks means you cannot detect them in the first place. OR they pretend that the 30+ mitigations for said intel security vulnerabilities has no impact on SSD/CPU performance despite the fact that 4KB random read SSD perf is literally axed in half, CPU performance is sliced by 25% and that's all BEFORE you disable hyperthreading (another security vulnerability).

They pretend to be better than the obnoxious macfags despite them having actual jobs that got them their toddler laptop in the first place as well. I guess if you berate the mactards long enough you can start to forget you're a filthy disgusting ugly neet/basement dweller who hasn't showered or brushed his decaying teeth in over a month.

Attached: 1543284106651.jpg (750x523, 33K)

Some random photo from the net, I threw out all the old thinkpads I had lying around cause they seemed bricky and undesirable

This is all I needed to hear, well said, cheers

>Cheap
>Good price to performance ratio
>Well built
>Great keyboards
>Highly compatible with Linux
>Well documented
>Lots of hardware available
>Lots of great ThinkPad exclusive features

I like the way they're built and they're cheap.

From what I've gathered it's just:
>Best laptop keyboards
>Bootloader is easy to uninstall and replace with libre bios

it is a scheme meant to facilitate the sales of garbage hardware / raise prices on ebay.
Imagine if you had 100+ thinkpads and couldn't sell them. You make up information that they are actually amazing, and you keep spamming it. People start to think they are actually great and buy it. This means you can raise the price of it and sell it to idiots.
Thinkpads are like Apple products. Garbage but people think its the best shit available.
t. bought a thinkpad and the charger didn't even work (plugged in not charging due to lenuvo buggy garbage)

NUMIX

Attached: iu.png (644x800, 15K)

They are foss

Are there any cons to swapping out the bios?
Also how likely to brick?

Me neither. Dell Latitudes and / or XPS'es are superior.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-05-24 16-15-47.png (1555x663, 84K)

cons is you won't have the stock BIOS if you need it for whatever reason. Though you can of course always flash the stock BIOS back.
Not likely to brick at all but the risk is there of course.

Libre boot works only with a couple models and even among them not with all variants. For example it doesn't work with T60 with ATI GPU and that sucks because the only other option is integrated Intel.

RMS uses one for extra meme points

te omor moldovene

I'm sure there are hardware reasons that others can cite, but there's something about the physical austerity of the design that I think is cool.

Attached: 29715073_318796101978710_5342178467062480896_n.jpg (640x640, 71K)

Half the board are poor neets who glorify dumpster diving computers and getting dirt cheap corporate castoffs

they're cheep, they work, they dont break easily, they have a lot of compatibility with linux.

And yet, hear you are browsing Jow Forums, calling people ugly like a fucking middle schooler.

They're cheap serviceable laptops with a decent screen, keyboard, and pointing device. Plus the old skool corporate styling appeals to postmodern hipsters.

stallman

>half