What does Jow Forums think about this guy?

What does Jow Forums think about this guy?

Attached: 1558609285820.jpg (1000x1481, 198K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/sRhfmgl2U70?t=3831
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Kaczynski
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Misguided crazy person who was 100% correct.

cringe icon for edgy teens, didn't say anything new or interesting

Pynchon's better

Most likely that he's a role model in some regards and someone who had it all figured out.
What I think about him that he's a broken genius mathematician and a massive hypocrite. How could've a genius level mathematician thought that he would solve the consequences of the industrial revolution by mailing bombs to random people he didn't know is a mystery. But I guess that's where the broken and mentally ill part comes in.
He could've easily joined the Amish and put his genius to good use in developing "green technology", but no, let's mail bombs to university professors, computer store owners and university graduates... And hell, he used that technology he so despised to travel, manufacture his bombs and build his shed.

I don't know who that is. He looks like a nice dude, though, I would totally spend some nights in a cabin with him and do some LSD. I'd bet we'd have an explosive amount of fun.

too smart for his own good

Too smart for his own good

He needed someone trustworthy to tell him to chill the fuck out and reconsider the plan. He wasn't the only great mind driven to misguided deeds by bad influences.

Had the right idea, however I think he went a little too extreme. Technology doesn’t always necessitate large organizations and limiting of human freedoms. We have many individuals that are trying to make it work like Stallman, although I understand these aren’t the same freedoms Ted was referring to. Humans are communal.

I read only part of his manifesto, so far he's been spot on his assessment of the problem. to me the best video out there related to him is from one of his attorneys who wrote a book on the fact that the defense attorney, the prosecutors, the court, basically the entire judicial system colluded to "conclude" the case quickly and without any chance of acquittal. the video on youtube is glorious because one of the questions in the library is "why dont you agree that he's schizophrenic?" his reply "because you have to be delusional, what is his delusion? he's basically right about what he wrote"

>no social life
>hurt people
A fucking Loser with a capital L.

link to the video in question

>youtu.be/sRhfmgl2U70?t=3831

TJK vs RMS is interesting. I think the mind control thing they did with TJK made him fear technology more than healthy. Would regaining control, RMS style, by eliminating proprietary software solve it? Because even with free software, people would try to advance technology to a point where the machine is smarter than humans. Would free software and the control that comes with it, make everything less dangerous TJK fears?

>1:03:51

couldnt get the timestamp thing on

literally who?

Homicidal psychopath.

That guy just wanted to watch him hang.

Did anyone actually die though?

I just hate seeing people who had so much to give waste it all like he did.

he's a piece of shit scumbag. he killed innocent people (eg: a dude who owned a computer repair store). he's a fucking terrorist and any faggot who idolizes him or thinks he's a misunderstood genius is a fucking piece of shit too.

yes, 3 people and 23 injured/maimed.

One of the great philosophers of our age, even more so that he wasn't afraid to act on his beliefs instead of just preaching them.
Thoughts without actions are dead.

i don't understand this
>clever guy
>170 IQ
>math doctor
>genius
even his manifesto makes some sense
and then he sends bombs to random people involved with tech? why? how would that solve amything? there's no logic in this action

is that not a legitimate way to feel when you or your family is a victim of a bomb mailed in with the intent to actually kill?

>why?
because no one would listen to him otherwise. but for the fact that he sent those bombs, he wouldn't have had the leverage to have his manifesto published and read by a large section of the american public, if not a world wide auadience

he really needed a marketing guy. what's the point of being a genius if no one listens to you?

It also precludes you from being an authority on the topic. And immediately discredits your opinion.

This

who is that?

>Random people

He was specifically mailing them to higher ed university personnel for payback for when Harvard allowed CIA to MK Ultra him when he was just a boy. Had nothing to do with trying to "jump start" anything. That was media lies to chalk him up as a crazy person so they didn't have to prod too much about his exact reasoning.

Well, he objectively is a mathematical genius and a prodigy, no doubt about that.
>Ted transferred to Evergreen Park Central School. After testing scored his IQ at 167, he skipped the sixth grade
>He played the trombone in the marching band and was a member of the mathematics, biology, coin, and German clubs but was regarded as an outsider by his classmates.
>He skipped the eleventh grade, and by attending summer school he graduated at age 15. He was one of his school's five National Merit finalists, and was encouraged to apply to Harvard College. He entered Harvard on a scholarship in 1958 at the age of 16.
>Kaczynski earned hisBechelor of Artsdegree in mathematics from Harvard in 1962. He finished with an above-average 3.12GPA.
>In 1962, Kaczynski enrolled at theUniversity of Michigan, where he earned hismaster'sanddoctoraldegrees in mathematics in 1964 and 1967, respectively.
>At Michigan, Kaczynski earned 5 Bs and 12 As in his 18 courses.
>In 1967, Kaczynski's dissertationBoundary Functions, won theSumnerB. Myers Prize for Michigan's best mathematics dissertation of the year. Allen Shields, hisdoctoral advisor, called it "the best I have ever directed", and Maxwell Reade, a member of hisdissertation committee, said "I would guess that maybe 10 or 12 men in the country understood or appreciated it."
>In late 1967, the 25-year-old Kaczynski became the youngestassistant professorof mathematics in the history ofUniversity of California, Berkeley, where he taughtundergraduatecourses ingeometryandcalculus.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Kaczynski

why would you reply to the bait or people who can't even search by image

his arguments are sound. if you take that approach to everything in life, you will be left listening to random people on the street.

>He was specifically mailing them to higher ed university personnel for payback for when Harvard allowed CIA to MK Ultra him when he was just a boy.
Not true even without checking because some of his targets were university graduates, computer store owners and a caption in the United States Air force, etc. As far as I remember, he stated that the effects of that study on him were negligible.

ok so why does he keep getting posted on Jow Forums?
I feel like this belongs on Jow Forums

>why?
That's where the mentally ill part comes in.

but, didn't he write his manifesto decades after sending the first bomb? that doesn't match up

A captain*

Or I could listen to people who aren't emotionally clouded, who have studied and interviewed people like Kascynski for a better understanding of their motives.

Thus guy is basically saying Hitler did nothing wrong but he killed my grandparents so he deserves to die.

FPBP

>Thus guy is basically saying Hitler did nothing wrong but he killed my grandparents so he deserves to die.

why is that for you to process without saying "well can't trust him, to the garbage it goes"

Because it's emotional investment. He's agreeing with everything in the manifesto, then saying but he did something that affected me personally so he's a shit human being. There is no objectivity.

He’s a shit human being regardless because he killed people who were simply living their lives and had not done any actual harm. teds perception of harm caused by these people based solely on their job isn’t a justification anyone who isn’t a zealot on the subject of environmental politics is willing to accept

No, everyone harms in some way systems they are part of.
Some harms are intentional while other are not.
But people harming the world the most are retards/normies because they trust people with intention of harming,
or their trust is given recursively to other retards until it reaches some evil person.
Truth is good, lies are satanist. That's as simple as that. Reason gives access to truth, emotions prevent that access.

He did not name (((them))) so he can only be right on a very superficial level.

Looks like an incel

he looks like a white american archetype :3c