/spg/ - Smartphone General

Anime edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: IsekaiSmartphoneEpisode1.png (900x510, 450K)

Other urls found in this thread:

androidcentral.com/oneplus-7-pro-ghost-touch-issues
gsmarena.com/redmi_k20_and_k20_pro_will_be_available_in_poland_under_the_xiaomi_brand-news-37214.php
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Lads I just cracked my Redmi Note 4 screen somehow, I need a replacement that doesn't have the fucking popup camera coz I know it's just going to break and/or be a dust trap. K20 would be ideal without that but w/e. Any other suggestions?

Attached: 1557869151702.jpg (699x699, 300K)

Redmi Note 7, Pocophone, Mi9

that's kinda funny, my RN4P just broke too, only the battery won't charge.

Are there any news on the mi mix 3 5g?

Mi9 looks like a runner, thanks

Mine still runs fine but I had a couple of days where it wouldn't charge properly too

What is better between LCD, OLED and AMOLED?
I'm contemplating the new Anus phone but people shit on it about the LCD, and I saw a bunch of chink phones with decent enough specs for the price and AMOLED screens but I don't know shit about screens except that LCD can have ghosting issues that would seem pretty bad for phones.

Attached: 1558682696045.jpg (564x564, 30K)

anything you did you resurrect it? I got some f-droid apps and things I need to backup to change phones

Cleaned the contacts with a q-tip and alcohol solution, and a safety pin. Not sure if it helped but it's working again anyway

Just fucking buy it you total cunt

But I don't want to buy a phone that has a risk of screen ghosting

>no in-display fingerprint sensor
>can't unlock the phone while it's laying on a flat surface
Are rear fingerprint sensors already outdated? This doesn't spell good news for Asus.

Rear fingerprint sensor is the only good non password based authentication system.

In my experience (AM)OLED screens don't suffer burn-in if you have reasonable brightness. That means at around 50% most of the time. I can't say anything about color degradation, because I haven't tested that myself.
LCD's can suffer from image retention which isn't permanent and it has only really been a thing on older LG panels.

Thanks dogman, good input

Attached: 1553667188970.jpg (562x750, 52K)

so the note 10 is holeshit ?

Mi Mix 2s or Mi Mix 3? K20 it's out of questions because im not gonna wait and I'm only have 350usd as budget. In pretty sure that between a 845 and a 855 processor the difference it's meaningless.

I hope note

How can it be with the flaw I just pointed out?

Just pick up your phone, shovel hands

It literally won't

STOP being such a tard.
small pinhole square in the middle, yes.

Well 3 then, obviously.

Will the OP7 ever come to Burgerland, or should I just buy a 6T? I don't care about all the 7 pro extras.

Attached: 1556358971041.jpg (500x505, 44K)

What THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU FUCK
GET THE ZENFONE 6, IT'S BURGER CERTIFIED AND A MILLION TIMES BETTER.

s10+ or s10e?

Switching from a Redmi Note 4 to the Pixel 3a. I hope stock android is worth it. I always thought /spg/ would be pixel diehards for the stock experience.

no it ain't coming. Maybe in November.

Everything about the K20 Pro sounds too good to be true right now. What are they gonna CHINK out on?

Have fun with your shit hardware user

The materials, probably.

NFC

You can get good software via Lineage, loser. Google Pixels are a massive joke. Wouldn't use one for free.

What’s the point in good hardware if the software is shit? MIUI is trash and so is most of the chink UI’s out there. I’d rather have stock android for three years than one shit UI skin change.

What sounds so fantastical about it? It has a shit nerfed IMX586, shit OLED screen that budget SoC phones have now, chink OS, chink cameras. Chinked waterproofing, no dual stereo speakers maybe. All this for ~$400. What's so special here?
It has NFC.

k20's camera probably sucks

The Zenfone 6 is cheaper than the Pixel 3a xl here and it absolutely rapes it. Good software and support too. Just suck my ass, Google apologist.

Same dogshit sensor as the other SD855 phones. The software will be shit, but who cares when you have gay cam

Say it with me:
I WOULD RATHER ENJOY FANTASTIC HARDWARE FOR TWO YEARS THAN SHIT HARDWARE FOR THREE YEARS.
I CAN USE MY PHONE FOR THREE YEARS, BEING JUST ONE ANDROID GENERATION BEHIND WON'T STOP MY PHONE FROM WORKING.

>lineage

Listen I ain’t some Linux loving Incel with the time or patience to install some fedora wearing loser OS.

I'm still using a Galaxy s4.

I hate google as much as the next guy but software wise it’s them or Apple. If more phones used android one this wouldn’t be a problem but I guarantee Asus UI is garbage as it will have zero R&D put into it like most chink phones, hardware is all well and good but if the core software is shit the what’s the point?

>i'd rather get shit working out of the box than something good that i have to configure for less than 15 minutes (if you aren't a brainlet, that is)

Attached: IMG_1313.jpg (742x560, 79K)

As*s shills are starting to become unbearable.

Why do you talk without knowing, the Zenphone 6 is basically using stock android with optimization and camera related software

my galaxy s2 is on my desk right now running los 14 with android 7 :)

Why the fuck do you guys need a monster cpu on a fucking phone? I thought that a 845 could virtually handle every single game and app without problems at all? If that's the case, why would you upgrade a Poco, for example, for a "better smartphone"? It's all about status? Serious question tho.

Is it confirmed for the K20 pro microSD slot?

Same reason people care about phone cameras, generalized autism

>I have no gf so spend my time installing open source software on technology people stopped caring about 2 years ago to feel more intelligent on the internet.

Begone pajeet, off to the shitting streets!

i'm totally fine with picking up a poco after i see the price go down with the k20 release and people flooding the market with their used pocos

>imagine using a gook phone

Which cpu should be considered the minimum standard to run every single app/game in max settings without problems? A 825? 835? 845?

Are there any decent phones with a keyboard except the Key2?

WHAT THE FUCK
WHY IS GOOGLE ASSIST BUTTON SO FUCKING CONTROLLING?!

Early reviews of Zenfone 6 said the button with 3 individual functions had customization, but its literally just this tiny fucking list mostly just acting as a volume rocker or only a google assist button with specific actions.
IF YOU ARE GONNA GIVE ME A PERSONAL SMART KEY, WHY THE FUCK DO I HAVE TO USE A LAGGY 3RD PARTY APP JUST TO GET USE OUT OF IT

EVEN FUCKING BIXBY NOW LETS YOU AT LEAST MAKE DOUBLE TAP OPEN AN APP OF YOUR CHOICE?! HOW THE FUCK DID THE HONOR 8 COME OUT 4 YEARS AGO AND LET YOU HAVE ALL 3 FUNCTIONS BUT NOW THEY CAN'T BE ASSED TO GIVE YOU PHYSICAL ACCESS TO YOUR APPS ON A CLICK!?

HOW THE FUCK DO WE GET ASUS TO GIVE US THE FUCKING BUTTON

Attached: untiled64.png (422x486, 173K)

>imagine paying for overpriced shit
unironically cuck

Cope.

androidcentral.com/oneplus-7-pro-ghost-touch-issues
chinkplus btfo

corporate cuck

Where can I order the zenfone 6 bros ?

Attached: 1547387375625.jpg (480x480, 32K)

smaller die means less heat and power consumption, why wouldn't you want that on a phone?

>people keep finding issues with the 7 Pro
Fucking chinked.

>calling someone a cuck
>whilst getting CHINKED

Attached: 130794A3-CE57-47EE-85B0-E0C49F5C7C05.jpg (736x491, 35K)

>realme x
>no nfc
I wondered what's the catch with this thing, besides the shitty non-stock os, and it turns out to be this.
When will chinks stop skimping on nfc? fuck

remember the upside down display debacle?

Attached: 1549115843219.gif (511x512, 106K)

chink cuck

Most wont see the difference in general use. No reason to pay high and focus on the SoC unless you got very specific need.

You should rather focus on screen, repairs and battery if you want more life from your phone.

LCD = idiotproof mature tech, uses polarization to display anything besides white, black displays as gray
AM/OLED = prone to damage if used incorrectly, uses clusters of rgb to display anything but black, black displays as turned off clusters

amoled refers to samsung panels while oled refers to other manufacturers
How to not wreck am/oled: always use auto brightness, set screen auto off to 5 minutes or less, basically don't leave it looping a static image music video in direct sunlight for hours with the screen on

people are gonna tell you to avoid am/oled because
>muh burrrrrn insssssss
but it is just poorfags coping with their 90s screens.
oled or fuck off

did you make every single one of those facts up in your head

LCD = liquid crystal display
OLED = organic LED
AMOLED = active matrix LED

oled is more susceptible to manufacturing defects. But this is more than fault of the chinks not running proper QC. Still far superior display tech. Burn in is a meme. And can usually be reversed (it's actually uneven wear and can be fixed by accelerating wear on the rest of the screen, there's apps that do it).

cope

>can be fixed by accelerating wear on the rest of the screen
do you even hear yourself?

have sex

>fix burn in by burning in everywhere else on the screen which wasn't affected
modern problems require modern solutions

I am having sex, with your mom

>OLED = organic LED
>AMOLED = active matrix LED
All oled panels larger than like 150x150px are active matrix you niggerfaggot
there is also p-oled to designate that the substrate is plastic rather than glass but its all the same tech
>LCD = liquid crystal display
And I was describing the characteristics of the panel type not literally defining them or did your ESL ass not pick up on that?

Seething.

When will they fucking release realme3 pro ffs

It's not shit, retard. Stop being so uppity.

I have a bidet because I'm a richfag, shoo yourself TPcel.

It's time to man up. Just man up and deal with it. Stop complaining.
Huh?

>hardware defects can be reversed with software
LOL

It's already available here, gweilo. My friend just got one! Kek!

if people can complain to samsung to get bixby to be remappable, why the fuck can't ASUS?

>The OnePlus 3 gets three major updates
>Now my OnePlus 5 will get three as well
Thank you papa OnePlus

Attached: Screenshot_20190524-095754__01.jpg (1080x420, 104K)

>why would you upgrade a Poco, for example, for a "better smartphone"?
It's not even a year old. Only reason to upgrade is if you lost or broke your phone.

>It has a shit nerfed IMX586
Oh fucking fuck off, is 48 MP not good enough for you?
>shit OLED screen that budget SoC phones have now
What in the flying fucking fucking fuck are you talking about? It hasn't been released yet, how can you even begin to pretend to assess its display? And which budget phones have OLED screens, what are you smoking?
>chink OS
Yeah, good thing it's a Xiaomi device which are as developer friendly as they get and custom ROMs are just a matter of time.
>chink cameras
What the fuck does this mean?
>Chinked waterproofing
Again, the device hasn't even been released yet, so, what the fuck are you talking about? And some Xiaomi devices have had rubber protection rings in the past, although not an official IP rating. It's nice to have, but definitely not necessary.
>no dual stereo speakers maybe
Yeah and this the standard and only Xiaomi is excluding it? Fuck off.
>All this for ~$400. What's so special here?
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, maybe all that for around $400? Find me another manufacturer with comparable specs and that pricing. You can't, because they don't exist.

Anyone have problems with Android 9 home widgets? I can't remove some fucking calendar widget top of my home page.

Based shill.

Nice non-reply you dolt.

>Pie update rolled out 3 days ago
>still haven't got it on my 3T
FUCKING CHINKS WHERE IS MY FUCKING UPDATE

Imagine going this far to defend a phone that doesn't isn't even out yet

gsmarena.com/redmi_k20_and_k20_pro_will_be_available_in_poland_under_the_xiaomi_brand-news-37214.php
K20 pro will be poco f2 in india
K20 pro will be Mi 9T Pro in europe

Attached: gsmarena_000.jpg (727x389, 49K)

Try not spewing bullshit and wondering why you get called out on it.

Oh shit K20 will have hi-res audio certification
Nice

Source?

That wasn't me lmao. Either way, I'm not spending anything for a phone I need to fix through pajeetware

Just saw this.

Attached: OJjipBp.jpg (698x785, 66K)

Who cares yawn it's got chinky hardware and camera

10 yuan have been deposited into your account.