Huawei is no longer able or allowed to work on standards for Wi-Fi, USB and SD cards...

> Huawei is no longer able or allowed to work on standards for Wi-Fi, USB and SD cards. "Temporarily restricted" by Wi-Fi Alliance, voluntarily withdrew from JEDEC (USB etc) and no longer a member of SD Associaton (which technically means no more SD slots)

If any of you think it's a big deal, you're fucking dumb. Huawei can easily make their own Wi-Fi and USB and flash card formats.

Attached: huawei_fire.jpg (980x620, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

androidheadlines.com/2019/05/wifi-alliance-sd-association-bad-news-huawei.html
youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0
scmp.com/news/china/article/3011768/british-consumers-dump-huawei-phones-us-china-trade-war-sparks-retail
youtube.com/watch?v=IfxfdHJ3k9Y&list=WL&index=2&t=0s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

who cares

HuaweiTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: hohohohoho.png (482x359, 338K)

SEETHING

Attached: 1558608814975.png (683x751, 149K)

Huawei, more like hewn away, lmao.

>Huawei can easily make their own Wi-Fi and USB and flash card formats.
Or just continue using these technologies and violently shit on intellectual property rights like all Chinese companies do.

BASED CHINA
Fuck the kikes. Fuck patents.

> Or just continue using these technologies
Let's just manufacture phones and communication equipment which we won't be allowed to sell anywhere in the world, including in China. What can go wrong.

United States != anywhere in the world. Plus the Chinese authorities doesn't care if it's licensed or not on their internal market. Their market encourages IP theft.

>United States != anywhere in the world.
I guess that's why companies all over the world, from UK to Japan, have been cutting ties with Huawei.

> Plus the Chinese authorities doesn't care if it's licensed or not on their internal market.
They would care, unless they want to face a blanket ban on Chinese equipment and lose all of the world market.

Can they just restructure itself into something like weihua to bypass all this shit with different ceo?

based. Fuck the chink shills.

This is hardly a blow. Huawei shifted to using their proprietary Nano Memory Cards for all their flagships last year. They are literally ten times the price of the equivalent microSD card and offer no conceivable benefit. I wondered why they did it, but maybe they saw this coming

Fuck Huawei and their proprietary bullshit, by the way

Attached: Screenshot_20190524_210833.jpg (1080x915, 206K)

UK and Japan were bullied into cutting ties by the US, not by their own will. Other countries like Germany just told GTFO to Trump on banning Huawei.

If India, Africa, Russia, and other parts of Asia (excluding SK/JP) keep buying Hauwei then they won't give a fuck.

The EU wrote legislation declaring that USB-C is the single standard charging port for phones.
Did you never question why Apple switched from lightning to USB-C?

>you lived to see a time where the wifi and usb cartels rule the world

Attached: 1494710512489.jpg (841x797, 106K)

Boooo hoooooo Timmy copied my science project and did a better job for cheaper!!!!! How dare he take my ideas when hr was having him glue my macaroni too my board for me!!!!

Attached: software_development_with_cats.png (980x785, 83K)

Not surprising, Germany has historically sided with authoritarian empires.

uhm guys
I have a huawei wifi router
shits still rolling so unless I'm mistaken this only applies for future sales, no?
the gweilo isn't about to turn my chinknet off, right?

Huawei is dead outside of china unless they make a deal. If you think otherwise, you are either an instect chink or a retard

>the gweilo isn't about to turn my chinknet off, right?
No, but the Chinese are likely using your network as a bot so the feds might knock on your door.

Hahahahahaha

Attached: 2132C16D-B6E7-4309-906B-CE72B7E8A0BB.jpg (1024x429, 80K)

>he doesn't know about TransFlash
wew

Are you implying that the US wouldn’t be able to figure this out? Are you fucking retarded?

Japan doesn't need any encouragement to dislike China. They already have trade disputes and even territory disputes.

>including in china

kek you fucking wish

are they compatible?

Source? I'm not questioning the validity of the claim but want to read more. Searching USB and Huawei keywords on Google News, ArsTechnica, and miscellaneous other search engines returned nothing.

based

the wifi and sd is true
androidheadlines.com/2019/05/wifi-alliance-sd-association-bad-news-huawei.html

also bluetooth

This. What did Trump think would happen? That barring Chinese companies from legally licensing technology after the fact would make them respect IP more?

Thank you.

Nope, they are not compatible. Huawei NM cards are designed to fit in the unused nanoSIM slots on their dual SIM phones.

>make their own Wi-Fi
youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0

wifi is a protocol

how are the powers that be going to stop the chinese from using a protocol?

I'm guessing you need some sort of licensing to manufacture network equipment that uses the Wifi protocols and that's what's been revoked.

OBVIOUSLY this only applies to future equipment to be produced by Huawei, your P30 or your Huawei wireless access point won't lose its wifi capability all of a sudden.

TOPKEK

Attached: 4578946709.png (1627x1059, 681K)

>make their own Wi-Fi and USB and flash card standards
>and people will buy products with no suport from everything else
TOPERKEK

Huawei, despite having access to technologies through licenses they paid for, still prefers to steal.

based!

lol tootcat

Japan will gladly use any opportunity to fuck their neighbors, back when Trump was calling Kim a rocketman they were the only country against talks and deescalation.

just do not fallow the standard and do not pay them a cent

Still not going to buy american shit phones

>Huawei can easily make their own Wi-Fi and USB and flash card formats.
Huawei confirmed for betamax

Attached: gettyimages-90728462.jpg (3504x2792, 922K)

They are like any multinational and comply when they have to. Probably better than shit like Xaomi or entirely internal companies. For starters they actually innovate in some areas like 5G.

> Huawei is still able to use WiFi and SD technologies. But what this means is that Huawei won't have say in how these technology will develop over the next few years, and how the standards will change.

>can only sell phones in poorfag countries where margins are extremely paper thin

Huawei btfo

Idiots. They can still implement the standards, but they can't contribute to the developement of the new ones.

Why does everyone shill so hard for Huawei?

Patents are Jewish.

Good, I hope this escalates and China kicks out Apple completely.

Attached: 1547330147633.png (821x931, 670K)

This boycott bullshit doesn't come from right now. It's been going on for some time.
Good call from Trump to make the Chinese taste some of it.
Will be fun to see where the Chinese mobiles are in five years.
In Europe, all Huawei and Chinese contracts are basically on hold, specially on the 5G net equipment. Vodafone seething from all the money and time they are going to loose.

So glad this happened to them. Next time allow people to unlock your fucking bootloader.

SD is not an open standard, you must have a license for your implementation. For the other techs the license is only required for the stickers on the product.

Maybe. But they would have to build a brand from scratch.

They did already to bypass the blockade to Iran. Didn't end well. In fact, it's one of the reasons for this situation.

Aren't they shooting themself in the foot?

British consumers dump Huawei phones as US-China trade war sparks retail backlash

At least one company has stopped accepting new Huawei trade-ins as it ‘expects the value of these devices to plummet’

scmp.com/news/china/article/3011768/british-consumers-dump-huawei-phones-us-china-trade-war-sparks-retail

I'd definitely buy a huawei phone when the prices plummet if t hey had unlocked bootloaders

Why are all these racist Nazi companies and organizations enforcing Drumpf's will? They could easily fight back, say fuck you and continue to work with Huawei.

There is nothing to gain in the long run.

Imagine if you had signed a 24 month phone plan before this went down.

>Huawei bad
This guy said that Huawei got slandered by westerners. Jow Forums BTFO!

youtube.com/watch?v=IfxfdHJ3k9Y&list=WL&index=2&t=0s

Attached: btfo.jpg (480x360, 35K)

Yes they will. Those area are a lot of people but poor as shit. Have fun selling devices with tiny fucking margins. They won't be able to keep up R&D without any profit. Well unless the Chinese government keeps dumping cash into them, but that kind of exposes them for exactly what they are.

Patents insure that it is worth someone's time to actually invest in development. Get rid of them and technological stagnation is less than a decade away. And don't tell me about open source anything, it is a committee made mess with zero oversight and direction.

Didn't stop people before they were a thing.

>They won't be able to keep up R&D without any profit.
Most phone companies (except for Samsung and Apple) are selling their phones at a loss.
They rely on other divisions to finance the whole operation. Phones are a prestige product and the only one the public sees.

>competition bad
Get a load of this board.

thanks for the data

interesting this is the only tech huawei was actively diverging from with nano

so i guess they will just call the rest something else

This is honestly disgusting. America blocking it is one thing but forcing them to get the treatment elsewhere is bullshit.

Seems like huawei knew before hand specifically which entirty is going to be a problem.

I did that a month ago, but I never update my phone so nah it's okay for me.

Get fucked, chink

Huawei already has it's own 5A supercharge, NM memory cards and other proprietary shit.

In China, they have the marketshare and government backing to stuff arbitrary standards down people's throads.
Fuck them and they should crash and burn.

Attached: HTB1nZvDXTHuK1RkSndVq6xVwpXag_600x[1].jpg (490x600, 36K)

Get fucked jew faggot

>implying they should let themselves be cucked
they actually cucked samsung and iphone into the double sim (nm) thing

I don't think anybody cries about tim cook.

Dual sim has been around since the dumbphone days.

>This guy said
who the fuck cares what daiz has to say about this?

WTF do you need a license to add Wi-Fi, USB and SD cards to your product?

Those countries will have superior tech though. Huawei is cutting edge when it comes to technology.

People can't ban Chinese equipment. The reason why all electronics at least partially is made in China is because they have monopoly on some important rare earth metals.

GET FUCKED CHANGS

动态网自由门 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Free Tibet 六四天安門事件 The Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 天安門大屠殺 The Tiananmen Square Massacre 反右派鬥爭 The Anti-Rightist Struggle 大躍進政策 The Great Leap Forward 文化大革命 The Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution 人權 Human Rights 民運 Democratization 自由 Freedom 獨立 Independence 多黨制 Multi-party system 台灣 臺灣 Taiwan Formosa 中華民國 Republic of China 西藏 土伯特 唐古特 Tibet 達賴喇嘛 Dalai Lama 法輪功 Falun Dafa 新疆維吾爾自治區 The Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region 諾貝爾和平獎 Nobel Peace Prize 劉暁波 Liu Xiaobo 民主 言論 思想 反共 反革命 抗議 運動 騷亂 暴亂 騷擾 擾亂 抗暴 平反 維權 示威游行 李洪志 法輪大法 大法弟子 強制斷種 強制堕胎 民族淨化 人體實驗 肅清 胡耀邦 趙紫陽 魏京生 王丹 還政於民 和平演變 激流中國 北京之春 大紀元時報 九評論共産黨 獨裁 專制 壓制 統一 監視 鎮壓 迫害 侵略 掠奪 破壞 拷問 屠殺 活摘器官 誘拐 買賣人口 遊進 走私 毒品 賣淫 春畫 賭博 六合彩 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Winnie the Pooh 劉曉波动态网自由门

Even if they figure it out it would still require all the hoops and resources needed to investigate and draft and discuss a new ban.

不好笑的副本白痴

Because we know technology and Huawei is great at it. They are carrying the rest of the world on their backs when it comes to certain areas of technology. Countries able to buy Huawei tech will be a step ahead.

There are also hundreds of millions of people who are rich as shit. A normal wedding in India costs around $60k (parents save up since the children are babies), so they are able to get money when they want to.

god i would laugh so hard if they just kept selling shit and managed to outdo other companies because the lack of licensing costs

is that when a tranny shows you his neovagina?

ACCELERATE THE TRADE WAR

>apple shorting intensifies

>Winnie the Pooh
Always cracks me up

Yeah OK big guy

Commies and liberals.

to prevent counterfeiting of PHYs in the case of Wifi (Wi-Fi has an international standard for Tx/Rx power and spectrum considerations)

USB and SD are similar, if you're certified the customer knows that your product will interoperate correctly

Open standards are good as long as they are royalty-free (Displayport) and don't force DRM down the user's throat. HDMI for example does neither, every product you buy with an HDMI connector means that at least $2.50 went towards the HDMI council to further restrict your freedom via HDCP standards.

>russia
>superior technology