Text looks like shit when I use my windows 10 laptop in 4k unscaled. Meanwhile on my 7 desktop its as sharp as can get...

Text looks like shit when I use my windows 10 laptop in 4k unscaled. Meanwhile on my 7 desktop its as sharp as can get. Can't seem to find an option in the nvidia settings to improve it much.

What I'm wondering is if this is a 7 vs 10, an amd vs nvidia or a dp vs hdmi thing?

Attached: IMG_20190524_153441.jpg (2897x1727, 3.33M)

Other urls found in this thread:

lagom.nl/lcd-test/subpixel.php
tenforums.com/tutorials/80598-turn-off-cleartype-windows-10-a.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it's a win10 thing, i've been having issues with blurring since the beginning, use a finished OS or just install ganoo plus loonix like i did

That's a shame to hear. The laptop is my work one so I'm stuck with 10.

just install windows 7 like me.
scaling works perfectly fine

I would if it wasn't a work laptop. At least I've got it on my desktop. 4k unscaled on 7 is crisp as fuck.

>4k unscaled on a laptop
How the fuck is this usable on a laptop screen? I have to scale 200%.

Are you using a 4k TV?
It may be that you are using 4:2:2 or 4:2:0 chroma which can fuck up text
You might have to adjust the TV settings or set the nvidia driver to use RGB

Nope, its a monitor. Looked through the nvidia settings but there was no option that made a difference when changed

Honestly I can’t think of any other thing that could be wrong other than the chroma setting
This is what my display looks like with output color format set to YCbCr420
It’s looks identical to your pic

Attached: image.jpg (1125x1500, 1.87M)

Here is the same but with RGB

Attached: image.jpg (1125x1500, 1.82M)

Good to know that it might be fixable at least. I'll have to look into this more. Thanks.

is your monitor upside down or something kek.

check this out lagom.nl/lcd-test/subpixel.php

>use a finished OS
Funny you say that, because in just 7 months Win7 is finished.

YCbCr420 blaze it

extended support until 2023, shill
i only use windows in VMs for gaymen and other work anyway, wouldn't trust it with my files so i don't need muh "security" patches

Extended support costs money, and it isn't available for the home editions. It isn't made to be viable for consumers; the idea is to force people onto newer versions.

who ever used the home edition ? i use pro, and that costs money too but i haven't paid for it have i lol

Anybody with an OEM installation

are you using another display at the same time that windows is configured to run at a different dpi/ui scaling? for example:
display 1 - > 3840x2106, 150% scaling
display 2 - > 2560x1440, 100% scaling
one will look like shit because of the different scaling settings. windows will automatically change the scaling on 4k displays to keep the ui elements from being way too small which can create this problem even if you never touched the ui scaling settings yourself

Install gentoo.

Calibrate your fonts, you fucking retards.
Nothing to do with 7 or 10, it happens on both. It's a easy fix.

Attached: +_818ffbcdd5781f636f99b25faae3e6ba.jpg (788x739, 101K)

tenforums.com/tutorials/80598-turn-off-cleartype-windows-10-a.html
Or turn it on/adjust it.

You are meaning to tell me that your issue is with reds and purples and orange looking blurry as fuck with chroma subsampling at 420? Who would've thought.

>wat is print screen

the windows 10 screen is not running 4:4:4
go check the settings

Print screen wouldn't show anything out of the ordinary if it's a signal format issue

>Calibrate your fonts
fucking windows fonts are like joysticks. i knew that os was for nobody but gaymer retards but this is just comical now.

My first guess would be that it's either the fault of the display or the graphical processor
If you print screen or screencap and view on a known good device, and it looks fine, then I think that's your issue