How many of these atrocities have you committed? Confess

How many of these atrocities have you committed? Confess.

Attached: autism.png (1000x1000, 171K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cBOtMxUoDQs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

im optimistic about libreboot

i think haskell is a meme but i havent researched as to why

GC-less ThinkPad. Turns out graphics cards are totally a necessity if you're not a Jow Forums fizzbuzzer.

Zero, thus far. I have an Elitebook 8770W. 16GB RAM, SSD, i7-3630QM, all for under 300 USD. Why pay more for plastic when I could pay less for magnesium?

Arch and TempleOS are pretty cool, and I'm sure ThinkPads are fine machines. I wouldn't say I've "fallen" for any of them though. I held ETH for like a week if that counts.

I confess to Plan 9, Arch and Suckless. The three at the same time, actually.
I also use an alternative keyboard layout, but it's not Dvorak, it's Colemak, and I literally depend on it.

I have a librebooted thinkpad with parabola GNU+Linux-libre.

Hello, Luke.

I had mine before him.

TOS, suckless, libreboot, thinkpad and arch (but you should use parabola or hyperbola).

I use Arch. That's it

Just uninstalled arch (on void now.) Just installed DWM. All on thinkpad

Luke's back on void now

I used Haskell for math classes. I'll count Arch as Gentoo instead, it was a waste of time.

A better one would be:
>Lisp
>Guix/Nix (muh unbreakable customizable distros even though I just copy a config from google)
>Gentoo
>Monero
>Colemak
>LineageOS

I am absolutely in love with Haskell. When I program in it, I feel like I write higher quality code as the functional nature pushes me to think more about what I am writing and not just throw down my thoughts and leave it. It is also nice knowing that the type system is on my side as opposed to other, weaker type systems that can be highly problematic at times *cough*js*cough*. Typed from my T420 dual-booted Void (dwm + st) and 9front btw.

Suckless and Arch.
I like, how simple and modular suckless software is. Pipes and plain text is better at compatibility than any object model there is.
And Arch has the best wiki and is the actual beginner distro.
Ubuntu, Fedora, Manjaro and other pre-configured distros can only teach the basics of bash. After that it's mac level of "just werks" and forcing an ecosystem onto the user (esp. Gnome and KDE ones), so leave as fast as possible.
While Arch gives user the opportunity to create his own environment and gain the knowledge how everything works while doing this.

Only Haskell. It's pretty great.

Functional languages are a meme now? Have fun doing in 2000 lines of C what can be done in 200 of Haskell frendo

sure

snakeoil

you heretic
Guix beauty is in its simplicity

Haskell, Arch, and Dvorak. I stopped using Arch and Dvorak because I'm lazy, but Haskell is unironically great and not a meme

what exactly is the appeal of a fully functional language?

i dont understand

turns out it's easier to reason about code if the language forces it to be structured in certain ways

I'm with this guy, if having a healthy interest in interesting things makes me an "autist", so be it.

okay, I'm on my way out.

I fell for the thinkpad meme and I am happy I did. Used arch (it's shit) and I own a keyboard. I also earned several thousand dollars on ETH because I bought it in the beginning and was forced to sell most of it while it was on top due to the company I worked for going bankrupt.

>im optimistic about libreboot
Why. It's been pretty stale for a few years now.

so youre too much of a brainlet for C?
Is that what youre saying?

how bright are you glowing right now?

Attached: CIAtrain.png (961x623, 1.04M)

not in the slightest, I have no idea how you came to read that

Attached: 90082135-FF82-4D53-BD17-9B4374BDFE0B.jpg (720x728, 40K)

Is libreboot ever going to be usable on anything but ancient Thinkbricks?

All of the above, but way before fags on Jow Forums ever mentioned any of them.

>Is libreboot ever going to be usable on anything but ancient Thinkbricks?
No. Not unless someone else takes over.
Trannyboot was just in it until the sex change, and the main contributers left for various reasons (non payment, and/or lack of credit).
Also trannyboot barely works as is on the few hardware that it's supposed to work on.

Suckless is too meme now and far more popular, devs gonna turn mad by newfags and start to givin up under the pressure

>i think haskell is a meme but i havent researched as to why
thx for reminding me of the absolute state of Jow Forums, I nearly lost another day on this meme board

Attached: 1554333002704.png (128x126, 35K)

None. I'm not a placebo autist.

>An undistinguishable would be:
ftfy, autismo

Just barely knowing these projects makes you a placebo autist goy

Is it the same story with coreboot?

Ignore this retard - Libreboot can't come to any new hardware until the infosec and open source community in general figure out how to bypass Intel's bullshit with the IME, a literal backdoor that controls everything on your computer and automatically shuts it down if removed. We've made progress on shrinking it's function, and getting more things to work with coreboot, but libreboot can't be 'libre' without *all* non-free software removed, so as long as even the smallest trace of the IME remains, it's not free software, and just coreboot.

Trannyboot is a dead end.
Coreboot is good stuff, but trannyboot hasn't done anything. Trannyboot could have expanded to other similar hardware, but have not as of yet. They haven't even fixed the current issues at all.

No coreboot is active, and is not libreboot.

Okay, slightly less depressed to know that things are actually happening in this area.
Is AMD also backdooring/being intrusive? I suppose if this is an endemic problem with modern processors it would explain why so little hardware is supported.

Does UEFI represent an improvement on BIOS, or is it just adding more proprietary nonsense?

Noted.

Same.

Just use coreboot with me blocker.

AMD has the same problem yes, albeit *slightly* better than IME, for reasons I can't quite remember right now. In practicality they can be considered the same. Your best bet to get a PC today without the backdoor is either buy a very old thinkpad and flash libreboot, or buy a newer thinkpad (I think the newest you can go is carbon x1 gen 1 but apparently that's a shit laptop generally, also don't hold me to that) and flash coreboot then use ME cleaner to disable the IME at all times besides boot up. Won't be free software, but won't be spied on anymore (from what we can tell).

UEFI is generally an improvement from my understanding yea, but I'm no expert on this stuff. Open source UEFI implementations exist that coreboot can theoretically work with and you use them when creating VM's that need to run on UEFI. We can't get around proprietary implementations of UEFI like we can somewhat with BIOS though because UEFI is new enough such that every computer coming with it already has IME + even more bullshit that makes flashing coreboot at all impossible, so it's not specifically UEFI's fault.

>thinkpad
>colemak
>ethereum

Libreboot will never get new hardware access.
All the hard lifting was from Coreboot and then Raptor Engineering reverse engineering blobs.

That's where all of trannyboots project money went to.

Once they gained recognition they asked for donations to get a sex change and after that stopped all progress.

Also due to the bad blood betwen Raptor and Leah they will never be contractors again even if paid unfront this time.

>That's where all of trannyboots project money went to.
Iirc raptor engineering was stiffed on payments.

I bought a T420 basically because Jow Forums conditioned me into thinking Thinkpads are amazing. Well, they kind of are. I hate the screen but the keyboard makes up for it.

>duh i'm proud of being a conformist

I tried haiku in a vm, its really nice. I like it.
I don't know what the blue diamond one is and the rest is just freetard cult garbage, I don't like cults.

i do haskell on a librebooted thinkpad

>Thinkpad and dvorak.
The thinkpad is meh.
As for dvorak. I like it. But I miss a button with "é". Need to find a way to solve that.

Been using Arch for about 9 years.

Just the Thinkpad (X220), but going to replace it soon as my fat ass stood on it and now it's fucked.

>i think haskell is a meme but i havent researched as to why
Nobody uses it, so not much resources for learning, small community with 95% questions being about fizzbuzz tier programs (and when people ask how to do something basic that is covered by the standard library, you usually get answers rolling their own solution), very bad tooling, autistic about purity which makes some relatively basic operations unnecessarily convoluted, few third party libraries and most of them are unmaintained shit. And don't forget that you have like 10 types of strings that you have to convert between manually, sometimes without a direct conversion available.

Hi luke

yo what's the symbol middle of bottom referring to?

Ethereum, one of the leading altcoins.

If you've done all of these things, you may not be an autist, but you have to be on some sort of spectrum, because nobody in their right mind would do all of them combined.

Three kinds of string: [Char], Text (Strict), Text (Lazy). Byte"strings" are NOT strings.

2/9 Not bad
Oh... Well nvmd then

TempleOS is a curiousity, nobody claims it is useful

just the thinkpad

I use the latest Insider's build of Windows 10 Professional on a professional-grade HP ultra-portable gaming laptop as my main work AND gaming station, data synced with OneDrive, so none.

I've been into Haiku for ages, but it's still not particularly stable enough to trust for day-to-day anything.
I used 9front for a bit, too. It's neat, but there's no way to play video and no proper way to browse the internet.

> i havent researched as to why
the standard Jow Forums user

Attached: 1557166483671.jpg (800x450, 50K)

Only Arch. No regerts.

Just Arch.
It's one of the better distros, btw.

is it worth?

yes it gets rid of the hardware whitelist so a wireless card supported by linux-libre can be used
it also enables encrypted boot partition because grub runs in bios and can mount it

The only atrocious things in that image are Plan9, Suckless and Arch.
The rest is ok.

only to suckless when i was 15

New CPUs come with Intel ME IN it. It's physically written in the CPU and it can't be removed.
The project isn't dead, people are still working on the git repo.
Also feel free to contribute by trying to port another board in the project!
And let's hope in RISC-V coming soon

Thinkpad X201
I'm quite happy with it tho. Aside from the shit screen, it's a good laptop for the price I paid for it. It's also quite portable, so good for being my secondary machine.

Arch and Haskell

So is T400 as advanced as libreboot could foreseeably get for the time being?

I think so
The project is mature, your T400 can boot without using proprietary blobs. What do you expect?
There won't be something new, maybe security patches but it's hard to tell.

Also about security.. some CPUs ARE AFFECTED by the new discovered bugs (Spectre, meltdown, zombieload, ridl etc)
I managed to get an old opteron CPU which is not affected by these bugs but libreboot doesn't run really well (the gui doesn't work, termial only).
But for example my x200 is affected by these bugs and idk what to do. Btw the best thing is to use Parabola or Trisquel (I run Debian)

>i literally don't know what the word "placebo" means

whats wrong with thinkpads? just ordered a new T480

Luckily none of these I have. Although, I want a ThinkPad. Would that count?

Look into the "compose" key if you're on Linux

This

what's wrong with suckless?

>The project is mature
>doesn't read the erratas
The project is dead, and hasn't fixed anything since it started. They haven't fixed anything, not have they expanded to more motherboards with the same CPUs, and chipsets at fucking all. Even the installation tutorial is shit.
Skip libreboot, and just stick to coreboot.

teaching myself haskell right now on my Gentoo Thinkpad running DWM, and I'm happy. fuck you coping brainlet fags.

>Plan 9
>Arch
>Suckless
>Atrocious
Literally confirmed brainlet. Plan 9, whilst unstable day to day, represents a major leap in OS technology and has many ideas worth going back and looking at. Suckless, lightweight programs with mods readily available as patches for C'lets. Finally Arch. If you can't use Arch, then why are you on Jow Forums?
>Ethereum
>Haskell
>Dvorak
>Haiku
>TempleOS
>Good
Not sure if trolling or genuine hipster, but I'm guessing the latter. I'd say go back, but I don't think even Reddit would take you.

I accidentally took the 9Pill the other day and I'm loving everything I'm reading. You won't stop me.

Arch Linux

youtu.be/cBOtMxUoDQs

Attached: Arch LInux Aqua (Konosuba).png (2335x2335, 367K)

>suckless is bad
>wmii is bad
>i3 is bad
suck my dick

I don't see how arch is related to those atrocities. It is as bloated as any other netboot distro.

>T480
>ThinkPad
He doesn't know

Arch Linux :

youtu.be/cBOtMxUoDQs

Attached: Aqua Butt.gif (498x298, 878K)

Nothing. Just that it's users are actually intelligent which comes off to certain people as turbo autismo.