Looking for a good computer desk

Hi Jow Forumsents,
I'm in the market for a new computer disk. The one I have now is Ikea particle board trash, and I want something bigger that will last. Everything sold by Staples/OfficeMax etc all seem to be shit too.

Any ideas? Pic related is from Room & Board but costs $2400; is this price range really the only option when you want non-ikea shit?

Attached: Parsons Leg L-Shaped & Corner Desks.png (839x593, 189K)

Other urls found in this thread:

walmart.com/ip/Ktaxon-L-Shaped-Computer-Desk-Corner-PC-Latop-Table-Study-Office-Workstation-Black/303032857
walmart.com/ip/HomCom-L-Shaped-Office-Workstation-Computer-Desk/164183244?selected=true
walmart.com/search/?cat_id=4044_103150_97116_8132099&grid=true&query=computer desk#searchProductResult
ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20274961/
ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30252906/
amazon.com/FurniChoi-Computer-L-Shaped-Corner-Workstation/dp/B07FDTY9LF
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Old dinning room table from a thrift store.

That's shit too, it's just expensive

You could buy two pieces of butcher block and some hairpin legs for a couple hundred bucks. That's what I did. I'll never buy a pre-made computer desk again.

Everything sucks, too small and flimsy or gay designs.
Best bet is to make your own, buy a massive workbench top and make legs out of your material of choice, wood, steel, whatever, maybe add some crossbeams for support and just screw it all together.

>walmart.com/ip/Ktaxon-L-Shaped-Computer-Desk-Corner-PC-Latop-Table-Study-Office-Workstation-Black/303032857

$87 bucks.

>walmart.com/ip/HomCom-L-Shaped-Office-Workstation-Computer-Desk/164183244?selected=true
$80 bucks

There's plenty for under $100

More
>walmart.com/search/?cat_id=4044_103150_97116_8132099&grid=true&query=computer desk#searchProductResult

Attached: walmart.jpg (1500x1500, 416K)

He implied he doesn't want particle board.

Go to habitat for humanity and buy a solid core door. It'll cost between 8-20 dollars.
Then go to Ikea and buy 4 table legs. They're 5 dollars each.
Go to home depot and get some mending brackets. Maybe 4 bucks.
Cut the door in half to make your L desk, use the brackets to secure it. Paint it. Put the legs on. Enjoy your desk.

>$2400
you could build that for sub $500, probably less

Put ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20274961/
On top of ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30252906/
And install Gentoo.

Attached: D7Ube0VUYAAxTsI.jpg:orig.jpg (714x1000, 101K)

amazon.com/FurniChoi-Computer-L-Shaped-Corner-Workstation/dp/B07FDTY9LF

>high grade MDF

If you have the patience for it, wait around and try to find an office thats going out of business or moving. Can get lots of high quality furniture cheaply that way.

you could buy a workbench with a hardwood or bamboo top for a few hundred.

Build it by yourself, you'll spend like 200$ on some "not cheap but not expensive" wood and maybe a friend can borrow some tools or help you.
Also, I have been thinking about buying two(2) drawers and attach a table on it

What the fuck is a computer desk? Sounds like another meme like gaming chairs to me.

>Best plank of wood with 4 equal sized poles about waist high
Umm your choices are obviously only Ikea, and Room&Board.

>see OP image
>see basically 8 pieces of wood
>see $2400 price
>my reaction

Attached: AYFI.jpg (400x400, 84K)

Love how it's an iMac with wireless keyboard and mouse and a non-existent Phillips PC on the cart underneath.

>can't stop laughing

i want big debiru boobies

If you have several monitors and other equipment, I highly recommend you get solid wood. You see these 8 foot long white particle board desks that look nice, but fucking sag because MDF is recycled wood chips glued together (hence why it's so inexpensive). Ikea offers the Gerton (solid beech) and one other (can't think of the name) for pretty cheap. Been using the Gerton for 3 years now and I fucking love it. Zero sag.

What do you guys think of the ikea linnmon desk? It's only 20 dollars and very light

It's my first desk ever, and I'm pretty happy with it. The only downside is that the material they ship it in is non existent, and mine came with some damage. But ultimately, it's functional and I think it was worth it.